Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Rally calls for immigrant rights

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincitie ... 850396.htm

Posted on Mon, Jun. 19, 2006

Rally calls for immigrant rights
    Woman who died from injuries in jail spurs protesters

BY BAO ONG
    Pioneer Press

Moved by the recent death of a jailed Ecuadorian woman who was awaiting deportation, about 80 people rallied on the state Capitol grounds Sunday demanding humane treatment for immigrants.

Immigration rights supporters strung a yellow banner for Maria Inamagua Merchan, who died after collapsing from a brain parasite and hitting her head in the Ramsey County jail. Merchan lapsed into a coma at Regions Hospital and died April 13.

"It's one individual case, but I think it's representative of what's broken in the justice system," said Deborah Rosenstein, a St. Paul resident who attended the rally.

Relatives said authorities did not take Merchan's complaints of health problems seriously. The woman, who was imprisoned for two months, was taken to the hospital four hours after being found in her jail cell. She hit her head while climbing down a bunk bed.

Immigration rights supporters said they were outraged by Merchan's case and hoped it spurred immigration reform. For attorney Peter W. Brown, who spoke at the rally, Merchan's death was a human-rights issue. State laws require jails to provide proper medical aid, Brown said.

Merchan's husband, Patricio Flores, said their 6-year-old daughter cries every time she looks at her mother's picture.

"They never helped her," Flores said of his wife. "We need to take care of people better."

Merchan's brain parasite was determined to be a pre-existing condition according to the Public Health Department, said Ramsey County Sheriff Bob Fletcher.

"There's little that could have changed the ultimate outcome," Fletcher said.

Fletcher said nurses and jail staff followed protocol in dealing with Merchan's health.

Bao Ong can be reached at bong@pioneerpress.com or 651-228-5435.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Please! They are treated horrible in their own countries, and now here, the least little thing, they are crying and suing people!

They must have lots of immigration lawyers advising them on how to soak our system!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I'll tell you if an American dies in a Mexican jail, they would toss your body out into the streets for the rats.

Boo Hoo - No sympathy from me. Oh yea, and throw in the child cries every night when she looks at the mother's picture for another cool million.

MW
    Immigration rights supporters strung a yellow banner for Maria Inamagua Merchan, who died after collapsing from a brain parasite and hitting her head in the Ramsey County jail. Merchan lapsed into a coma at Regions Hospital and died April 13.
    Hmmm, let's see if I've got this right - she collapsed from a brain parasite - she was not beaten or mistreated. Are we now responsible for every illegal carrying brain parasites, cancer, coronary heart disease, renal disease, high blood pressure, etc.? This was an act of nature, not mistreatment. The pro-illegal groups are obviously trying to utilize any argument they can twist to their benefit. While I can feel sorry for anyones death, I'm smart enough to know that someone is not directly responsible for everyone that dies. The lady collapsed and hit her head - it was an accident.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gee, I wonder if these people weep and cry for the victims of illegal aliens too? Do they have rallies when illegal aliens assault, molest or gang rape innocent Americans? Do they file lawsuits on behalf of innocent Americans who are killed by illegal alien drunk drivers? Do they pray for the lives of police officers gunned down by illegal alien thugs and gang bangers? Do they protest for the innocent Americans who are denied medical care and die because the funds to care for them are gone due to treating the masses of illegal aliens who abuse our healthcare system, having millions of anchor babies?
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

I wonder where she got the brain parasite. Could she have gotten in her home country? Then she brings it here, the problem with disease brought into our country needs to be brought out into the public light.

Her human rights were not violated. Even the doctor said medical treatment would not have changed the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    I wonder where she got the brain parasite. .
    She probably brought it with her from South America. This type of condition can result from eating under cooked or spoiled pork. The parasite is actually a larva of a type of worm that forms in pork that is exposed to room temperature. Once eaten, the larva travels through the bloodstream and resides in the brain. The only cure is brain surgery after the parasite develops into a worm.
    NEVER EAT UNDER COOKED PORK!!!
    <div align="center">"IF it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight-Dial 1-800-USMC"</div>

Merchan's brain parasite was determined to be a pre-existing condition according to the Public Health Department, said Ramsey County Sheriff Bob Fletcher.
    I hope she didn't work anywhere connected to the food supply.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn