Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Rep. Green, Senators Blackburn, Alexander Back Trump Immigration Compromise Offer Whi

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. Green, Senators Blackburn, Alexander Back Trump Immigration Compromise Offer Whi

Rep. Green, Senators Blackburn, Alexander Back Trump Immigration Compromise Offer Which Pelosi Has Dismissed

January 20, 2019

Jason M. Reynolds

At least three members of Tennessee’s Congressional delegation came out in support of President Donald Trump’s offer Saturday to end the government shutdown with a compromise on immigration.

U.S. Sen. Marsha Blackburn, U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander and U.S. Rep. Dr. Mark Green issued statements of support for Trump’s proposed compromise.

Blackburn said:

The president has once again shown he is willing to work with Democrats to end this shutdown and find a compromise that will secure our border,” said Senator Blackburn. “This proposal that has bipartisan support would provide the much-needed $5.7 billion for a border barrier.

“The border patrol agents have repeatedly asked for three items: a physical barrier, more technology, and more agents and officers. As members of Congress we must deliver for them.”

Green said:

“The president has made yet another effort to engage Democrats on the crisis at the border, something I’ve called an arterial bleed. It’s time to stop the hemorrhage. Will Speaker Pelosi come to the table and negotiate? Do Democrats care about the American lives being devastated by crime and the drug trade? Do they care about our hard working govt. employees? Speaker Pelosi?”

Alexander said in a statement:

“The President has proposed a sensible compromise, including relief for ‘dreamers’, to end this inexcusable government shutdown. It is time for Democrats to respect the president’s reasonable requests for border security including 234 new miles of physical barrier. Presidents Obama, George W. Bush, Clinton and George H.W. Bush, with bi-partisan congressional support, built 654 miles of physical barriers along our 1,954 mile southern border.”

Senator Alexander wrote an op-ed earlier this month for the Washington Post where he offered specific solutions for resolving the current shutdown.

Trump’s offer came on a rainy day when many Tennessee Republicans were in attendance at Gov. Bill Lee’s inauguration at War Memorial Auditorium. Those included U.S. Rep. David Kustoff (R-TN-0, U.S. Rep. Chuck Fleischmann (R-TN-03) and U.S. Rep. John Rose (R-TN-06).

Blackburn attended the inaugurationbut found time to back Trump.

The president said he would support a three-year extension of protections for 700,000 immigrants who came to the country illegally as children and were protected from being deported by Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), Fox News said. In return, Trump asked for the $5.7 billion to build the border wall. There would also be extra protection for 300,000 recipients of the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) program.

Fox News said Trump may present legislation to the Senate next week.

House Speaker U.S. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA-12) said Trump’s offer was a “compilation of several previously rejected initiatives, each of which is unacceptable and in total, do not represent a good-faith effort to restore certainty to people’s lives,” according to Fox News.

– – –
    Jason M. Reynolds has more than 20 years’ experience as a journalist at outlets of all sizes.

Photo “Marsha Blackburn” by
    Marsha Blackburn.
    Photo “Mark Green” by
    Mark Green.

http://tennesseestar.com/2019/01/20/...has-dismissed/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-21-2019 at 11:44 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Disappointed to see Sen. Blackburn voicing approval of Trump's amnesty offer.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Such a shame.. after supporting Marsha Blackburn for many years, it looks like the big money has their hooks in her now she has joined the US Senate.

We will have to formally drop our endorsement for her this coming week now that we know she supports Trump's Amnesty deal for millions of illegal aliens.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Marsha Blackburn fought against amnesty and DACA while in the House. She said it was incentive for more illegal immigration. She flipped once she replaced Senator Bob Corker.

Dr. Mark Green is a new Congress member from Tennessee How dissapointing that he, too, has chosen amnesty for illegal aliens over enforcing immigration laws and protecting the lives and jobs of American citizens.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-21-2019 at 11:12 PM.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Such a shame.. after supporting Marsha Blackburn for many years, it looks like the big money has their hooks in her now she has joined the US Senate.

We will have to formally drop our endorsement for her this coming week now that we know she supports Trump's Amnesty deal for millions of illegal aliens.
    Not sure what to think, but should one "awe crap" void out all of the good she has done for years? Perhaps Trump has convinced her what he's offering is not amnesty. If so, that would make her an idiot but maybe not a real amnesty supporter. Personally, I'd wait on a little more evidence before I gave up on her, but that's just me. Just offering a little defense for her because I've liked her for a lot of years. I'm just hoping she made a one time mistake here.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm from Tennessee. I worked hard for Blackburn. I gave her money because I thought she would fight against amnesty. Tucker Carlson on Fox said it beautifully: Loyalty works both ways. If you are loyal to a politician he owes loyalty to you also. You trust him to keep his promises. Trump and now Blackburn have betrayed the loyalty we gave to them and are making common cause with those who work against us. That is betrayal by any definition of the word.

This is Marsha Blackburn's phone 202 224 3344. Call up the little broad and tell her how she betrayed us all. You don't have to be from the State of Tennessee. Amnesty affects all of us.
    Last edited by 17patri76; 01-21-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Not sure what to think, but should one "awe crap" void out all of the good she has done for years? Perhaps Trump has convinced her what he's offering is not amnesty. If so, that would make her an idiot but maybe not a real amnesty supporter. Personally, I'd wait on a little more evidence before I gave up on her, but that's just me. Just offering a little defense for her because I've liked her for a lot of years. I'm just hoping she made a one time mistake here.
    I have really liked Marsha Blackburn, too, MW. I went back to read her past statements and to watch her videos on DACA. She has been firmly against it in the past. Whether or not her personal views have changed she is now behind the time extensions for DACA and TPS which we know is amnesty.

Standing with amnesty supporting Tennessee Senator Lamar Alexander on the compromise from President Trump is surprising and I don't understand why she would cave. I will be calling her offices to question why and express disappointment.

Blackburn: Trump Willing to Work with Democrats to Secure the Border

January 19, 2019

Sean Moran

AP Photo/Mark Humphrey

Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) charged in a statement on Saturday that “we must deliver” for the American people by securing the country’s southern border.

President Donald Trump delivered a speech on Saturday afternoon in which he proposed an end to the government shutdown by offering legislation that would provide a three-year temporary amnesty to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) illegal aliens for $5.7 billion in border wall funding.

In the speech, Trump said that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) will bring the announced deal before the Senate floor this upcoming week.

McConnell said in a statement on Saturday:

This bill takes a bipartisan approach to re-opening the closed portions of the federal government. It pairs the border security investment that our nation needs with additional immigration measures that both Democrat and Republican members of Congress believe are necessary. Unlike the bills that have come from the House over the past few weeks, this proposal could actually resolve this impasse. It has the full support of the President and could be signed into law to quickly reopen the government.

Everyone has made their point—now it’s time to make a law. I intend to move to this legislation this week. With bipartisan cooperation, the Senate can send a bill to the House quickly so that they can take action as well. The situation for furloughed employees isn’t getting any brighter and the crisis at the border isn’t improved by show votes. But the President’s plan is a path toward addressing both issues quickly.

Sen. Blackburn, who champions Trump’s America First agenda in Congress, said that we must deliver for the American people and the border patrol agents by securing the southern border.

“The president has once again shown he is willing to work with Democrats to end this shutdown and find a compromise that will secure our border,” said Sen. Blackburn. “This proposal that has bipartisan support would provide the much-needed $5.7 billion for a border barrier.

“The border patrol agents have repeatedly asked for three items: a physical barrier, more technology, and more agents and officers. As members of Congress, we must deliver for them,” Blackburn added.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ure-the-border
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-21-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Past statement from Marsha Blackburn:

As your congressman, I passed a bill and an amendment to end DACA and stop President Obama’s executive amnesty, which also stole jobs from American citizens by giving work permits to illegal aliens. Join me today in standing with the president by signing our petition!

https://join.marshablackburn.com/go/terminate-daca/

Senator Blackburn stated when she was a Congressman that giving work permits to illegal aliens steals jobs from American citizens. That is still true today.

Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-21-2019 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post

Sen. Blackburn, who champions Trump’s America First agenda in Congress, said that we must deliver for the American people and the border patrol agents by securing the southern border.

“The president has once again shown he is willing to work with Democrats to end this shutdown and find a compromise that will secure our border,” said Sen. Blackburn. “This proposal that has bipartisan support would provide the much-needed $5.7 billion for a border barrier.

I have seen this "Trump's America First agenda" used too many times. They think they can call dog poop a piece of candy and we won't know the difference. This is not "America First" and conservative news sites must stop using that term. Of all news outlets, this is Breibart using their deceptive terms to soften people.

Also, it now seems to be more important to work with democrats ( fulfill the D's dreams), than any other issue facing our nation. Let the invaders invade, we need to work with the democrats.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast