Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. Gutierrez: Fewer parties, more Obama needed on immigration

By David Eldridge - The Washington Times
    December 22, 2012, 05:05PM

One of President Obama's biggest backers on Capitol Hill expressed a bit of frustration Saturday on the lack of progress since Election Day on immigration reform at the White House.

Rep. Luis Gutierrez, Illinois Democrat, said in an appearance on MSNBC that the president's schedule may be crowded, but he needs to make immigration more of a priority.

"The president has taken some very good steps," the former Chicago city councilman said. "Would I have liked to have seen the president have fewer ... Christmas parties and more gatherings to speak about this issue during the last few weeks? Yes."

"I know that he's dealing with very momentous issues, but at the same time I also see a calendar at the White House. Look, it's great that Eva Longoria from 'Desperate Housewives' is out there, meeting with the president, but maybe he should gather more of the immigrant community so we can begin to polish up that immigration policy and get a strategy so that we can really start."

Mr. Gutierrez, 59, is a 10-term congressman and chairman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Immigration Task Force.

Mr. Obama, who earlier this year called for Hispanic voters overwhelmingly turned out in support of the president on Nov. 6 after Mr. Obama, who last summer issued a directive halting deportations of students brought illegally to the country as children, won 71 percent of the Hispanic vote on Nov. 6.

Rep. Gutierrez: Fewer parties, more Obama needed on immigration - Washington Times
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Rep. Luis Gutierrez, Illinois Democrat, said in an appearance on MSNBC that the president's schedule may be crowded, but he needs to make immigration more of a priority.

"The president has taken some very good steps," the former Chicago city councilman said. "Would I have liked to have seen the president have fewer ... Christmas parties and more gatherings to speak about this issue during the last few weeks? Yes."

"I know that he's dealing with very momentous issues, but at the same time I also see a calendar at the White House. Look, it's great that Eva Longoria from 'Desperate Housewives' is out there, meeting with the president, but maybe he should gather more of the immigrant community so we can begin to polish up that immigration policy and get a strategy so that we can really start."
    I have learned English in different situations when I heard Luis Gutierrez the first time I felt the necessity to express my self in English so I learned to say the frase "This guy pisses me off ".
    Illegal immigration is a serious problem compared to a virus or a plague if we don't fight it on time the consequences would be catastrophic.

Considering that the majority of American citizens are opposed to an amnesty, maybe Obama doesn't want to proceed on the issue. He would be putting a lot of Dem Senators and Representatives at risk.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rep. Luis Gutierrez appears to represent race rather then country.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.