Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Republican report blames abortion for illegal immigration

Republican report blames abortion for illegal immigration

DAVID A. LIEB

Associated Press

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - A divisive new report from a Republican-led Missouri House committee claims abortion is partly to blame for illegal immigration by causing a shortage of American workers.

The report from the Special Committee on Immigration Reform also claims "liberal social welfare policies" have created a disincentive for Americans to work and an enticement for foreigners to cross the border illegally.

All 10 Republican committee members signed the report, but all six Democrats refused to do so. Democrats called the abortion assertion ridiculous and embarrassing.

"There's a lot of editorial comment there that I couldn't really stomach," Rep. Trent Skaggs, D-Kansas City, said Monday. "To be honest, I think it's a little delusional."

The statements about abortion, welfare policies and a recommendation to abolish income taxes in favor of sales taxes all were inserted into the immigration report by the committee chairman, Rep. Ed Emery, R-Lamar.

Emery, who equates abortion to murder, defended the assertions in an interview Monday.

"We hear a lot of arguments today that the reason that we can't get serious about our borders is that we are desperate for all these workers," Emery said. "You don't have to think too long. If you kill 44 million of your potential workers, it's not too surprising we would be desperate for workers."

National Right to Life estimates there have been more than 47 million abortions since the Supreme Court established a woman's right to abortion in its 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling.

The immigration report estimates there are 80,000 fewer Missourians because of abortion, many of whom now would have been in a "highly productive age group for workers."

The abortion connection to illegal immigration was listed under the report's recommendations on federal social policies and potential state legislative actions on illegal hiring.

"Suggestions for how to stop illegal hiring varied without any simple solution," the report states. "The lack of traditional work ethic, combined with the effects of 30 years of abortion and expanding liberal social welfare policies have produced a shortage of workers and a lack of incentive for those who can work."

But Democrats contend the abortion assertion wasn't discussed, much less agreed to by the committee. Skaggs said it undermines the credibility of the entire report.

"That's ridiculous to draw that conclusion," added committee member Rep. Ed Wildberger, D-St. Joseph, the chairman of the House Democratic caucus. "I don't think that has anything to do with immigration."

Although he had signed the report, Republican Rep. Billy Pat Wright, of Dexter, said Monday that he didn't recall it including the connection between abortion and illegal immigration and wanted to first read the report before commenting about it.

Emery said there was some testimony about abortion during a question-and-answer session at one of the hearings, although he couldn't recall specifically by whom. "I felt like that was significant enough and fundamental enough that it warranted addressing it in the report," he said.

There is no transcript of the oral testimony given at the committee's hearings. Abortion does not appear to be mentioned in a written summary of the committee meetings attached to the committee's report.

The report also includes short essays by Emery about the history of immigration, the purpose of immigration laws and the importance of a common language. In those, he notes "the issue of illegal immigration does not lend itself to compromise."

The report was dated Oct. 24, though it wasn't submitted to House Speaker Rod Jetton's office until late last week. Jetton, who appointed the committee, was on vacation and not available for comment, his office said.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 003425.htm

Re: Republican report blames abortion for illegal immigratio

Emery, who equates abortion to murder, defended the assertions in an interview Monday.

"We hear a lot of arguments today that the reason that we can't get serious about our borders is that we are desperate for all these workers," Emery said. "You don't have to think too long. If you kill 44 million of your potential workers, it's not too surprising we would be desperate for workers."
    It's takes a while to even formulate a printable response to this that wouldn't get a MOD EDIT.

But, I think I'm ready now.

So what Mr. Emery wants to do is use the law to force women into child-birth against their will to breed a cheap labor supply of workers for his Globalist Cronies?

Well lets see. We already have 37,000,000 Americans (including some percentage of illegal aliens) that can not sustain themselves because there aren't enough jobs now. So what Mr. Emery is promoting is that our government force women to reproduce workers against their will so instead of having 37,000,000 Americans on public assistance programs because they can't afford shelter, food, clothing, medicine now we could have 80,000,000 Americans on public assistance programs that can't afford shelter, food, clothing, medicine or in any other manner sustain themselves.

The man's really brilliant isn't he? And I'll bet he calls himself a "conservative" too.

I think Mr. Emery and his "ilk" explain why Claire McCaskill just beat Incumbent Jim Talent (Republican-Conservative) in the race for US Senate in Missouri.

As a 4th Generation Republican Fiscal Conservative originally from Missouri, I am appalled by Mr. Emery's remarks and the fact that he and his fellow Republicans have such a low regard for human life that they would want American Women forced into Baby Factories To Breed Cheap Workers for his Globalist Cronies.

In fact ... I need my Barf Bucket.

Apparently we are closer to Soylent Green that we would have ever imagined.

GET THESE LUNATICS OUT OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY AND OUT OF PUBLIC OFFICE before they destroy the GOP and our nation.

I respect anyone's personal opinion concerning abortion. I am Pro-Choice and respect either choice a woman makes in that regard.

But I am both embarassed and mortified by politicians trying to eliminate that choice in the name of "life" when all it's been about for them is "money" as any Worker Breeding Program would surely prove.

GOD HELP US.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Is this why many so called Republicans claim to be pro life? These people are worse than I thought.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Geez, do they want to follow in the Whig party's footsteps?

They are a faction of the GOP ... no one is sure where or when they infiltrated our party and tried to take it over. Sometime following Reagan ... period ... maybe around the Newt Period ... and it's been disaster for our party and our nation.

Go the way of the "Whigs"?

LOL.

They are truly working on self-extinction unless the rest of us take charge of our party and make it clear while you are entitled to any and every personal belief you want or can conjure ... don't bring it to the GOP. Keep it at home or in your hearts but keep it out of our Politics.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is actually a very common argument, particularly at fundie sites like Free Republic.

You ladies are nothing but breeding machines for the State, and in recent years you've been doing a crappy job.

Fortunately, we have found a new supply of breeders to replace you, ones that also work cheaply and don't expect much in return.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    Is this why many so called Republicans claim to be pro life? These people are worse than I thought.

They need slaves for their corporations, and they need sacrifices for their wars.