Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Restaurant Raid Ends With 10 Arrested

Is it me or does anyone ever wonder why the illegals they go after and arrest at their workplace are usually not Mexicans.

Restaurant Raid Ends With 10 Arrested

POSTED: 4:13 pm EDT July 11, 2006
    UPDATED: 5:16 pm EDT July 11, 2006

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- An immigration raid at a popular Triad restaurant ended with 10 people behind bars, authorities said.

Immigration officers raided the Ishi Japanese restaurant on Stark Street on Monday night. The restaurant is closed indefinitely.

The employees were charged with violating their immigration status, officials told WXII 12 News.

Agents said the investigation started with the hunt for Nugroho Manpurwo, an employee whose work visa had expired.

When authorities went to the restaurant, they found nine other employees -- all from Indonesia -- whose visas had expired.

Agents said the restaurant owners own two other Japanese restaurants in Charlotte and it will be up to them to reopen the Winston-Salem location.

For a full report from WXII 12's Angela Pellerano, use the video link above.
    Copyright 2006 by WXII12.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.wxii12.com/news/9500230/detail.html

Is it me or does anyone ever wonder why the illegals they go after and arrest at their workplace are usually not Mexicans.
    Now that would go against the racist agenda of Mr. Rove and Jorge wouldn't it? Bill said it. Bush knows not to demonize Mexicans because he knows them. I guess there weren't any Asian nannies on the ranch.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder the same thing myself.

here is a story making headlines around my area

Bosnian man charged with immigration fraud

Email Story to Friend E-mail this story to a friend

BOSTON -- Jury deliberations will continue today in the immigration fraud trial of a Bosnian man charged with lying about his military service so he could get into the United States. Boskic was a construction worker living in Peabody when he was charged in August 2004 with making false statements on his refugee application and later on his application to become a permanent U-S resident. The trial is taking place in Boston's federal court.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Rese
    "What part of illegal don't you understand?"

Another case that comes to mind, was the one where they raided Wall-Mart and arrested the cleaning staff. This made the media like it was a big deal and they were really doing their Homeland Security Job, but I noticed all of them were from Eastern Europe. Mostly Poland.