Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

RI Gov Proposes To Eliminate 3K Illegal Children From Medaca

http://www.kaisernetwork.org/daily_repo ... R_ID=35589

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Medicaid
    R.I. Governor Proposes To Eliminate 3,000 Undocumented Immigrant Children From Medicaid

Rhode Island Governor Donald Carcieri (R) earlier this month proposed to eliminate 3,000 undocumented immigrant children from RIte Care, the state's Medicaid program, the Providence Journal reports. According to the Journal, Carcieri said the elimination would save $4 million this fiscal year. "I want to take care of Rhode Islanders. We can't take care of the rest of the world's problems, in terms of health care," Carcieri said earlier this month. Jeff Neal, a spokesperson for Carcieri, said that since the program began including undocumented immigrant children seven years ago, Medicaid spending has increased at a rate of 9% or 10% annually. According to the Journal, Carcieri "declined a request for an interview to discuss" his proposal. Critics of the move say it is "short-sighted," "mean-spirited" and "inhumane" and has the potential for fatal consequences, the Journal reports. "When proposals target undocumented residents, the effect is felt much more broadly," Tanya Broder, a public benefits lawyer for the National Immigration Law Center, said, adding, "Any attempt to protect public health is going to be thwarted if a segment of the population is cut off by those efforts. Preventive care is generally cost-effective." Broder said that more than 80 similar bills were introduced state legislatures in 2005 and that almost all were "either stalled in legislative committees or were defeated" (Lee Ziner, Providence Journal, 2/19).
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Critics of the move say it is "short-sighted," "mean-spirited" and "inhumane" and has the potential for fatal consequences, the Journal reports.
    I guess it does not matter that the parents of these children are breaking the law by being here illegally. We cannot afford to continue to pay for all the healthcare of these illegals, why can't people see that? No one pays for my healthcare, I get no freebies here in the US, so why should someone who breaks our laws, get freebies? When my son-in-law's job was outsourced to China and he got laid-off from his job, my daughter was only working part-time because she was enrolled in our local community college. With her income of about $8,000 a year and my son-in-law's sign up checks of a little over $200 a week, they STILL DID NOT QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID for my (then 2 yr old) grandson. It was not like they went and asked the state to pay THEIR medical bills, just to cover my grandson until my son-in-law found another job with some insurance. They, of course, were denied and they walked out, past a whole room full of illegal immigrants there in the DSS waiting rooms with all their anchor babies, there to recieve their freebies that WE pay for. Even though my daughter and son-in-law both have worked, paid their taxes, and not BROKEN ANY LAWS, the state denied my LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZEN grandson any kind of help during the hard times they were facing at the moment. I thought that was why we had these services, for the American tax paying citizens to fall back on when times got tough. With all the American citizens out there who abuse the welfare and medicaid system already, all we need now are the illegals that are taking advantage of it. My daughter says she would never walk back in that place again. My son-in-law found a new job and insurance but the family had no medical coverage for 3 months. I wonder what would have happened if either one of them had become seriously ill during that time? They probably would have had to sell everything they own just to pay the bill, while the illegals and their children just suck up the free healthcare, not a care in the world about ever having to pay for it or losing all they own to pay for the care. It's pretty sad when we have paid our taxes and when hard times fall upon us, the legal citizens, we are turned away when when OUR children need help and that's why I do not feel sorry for the children of illegal immigrants, they are given preferential treatment above and beyond the American children
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Critics of the move say it is "short-sighted," "mean-spirited" and "inhumane" and has the potential for fatal consequences, the Journal reports. "When proposals target undocumented residents, the effect is felt much more broadly," Tanya Broder, a public benefits lawyer for the National Immigration Law Center, said, adding, "Any attempt to protect public health is going to be thwarted if a segment of the population is cut off by those efforts. Preventive care is generally cost-effective."
    Hey Tonya Broder, if you care so much about the welfare of illegal alien parasites and their offspring then why don't you foot the bill with your own money? Either pay for it yourself or shut the hell up.

Otherwise they can go back to their homeland and demand that their own government takes care of them. I'm so sick of this oh it's not fair, it's inhumane, it's not compassionate tripe. What about for the people who are forced to foot the bill for this nonsense? What about compassion for the American taxpayers? I'm tired of my money being forced out of my pocket to go toward those who have no legal right to even step foot into our country just because some bleedhearts in our government are either corrupt or have a self hating guilt trip or both.

"I want to take care of Rhode Islanders. We can't take care of the rest of the world's problems, in terms of health care," Carcieri said earlier this month. Jeff Neal, a spokesperson for Carcieri, said that since the program began including undocumented immigrant children seven years ago, Medicaid spending has increased at a rate of 9% or 10% annually.
    That's what I've been saying. We are not responsible for providing for the rest of the world. We are not a universal HMO. That's why illegals need to be sent home and have them demand their own government provide for them. I'm glad that this guy is trying to do something about it. Too many times I hear these rotten, spineless politicans give nothing, but lipservice to the problems of medicare, but yet they don't have the stones to address the real reason why our health care system is failing our citizens miserably. If you empty suits and skirts would grow a spine and start enforcing our immigration laws, then maybe the cost of medicare and medicaid would dramatically drop and then we could start provide for those millions of citizens who don't even have coverage. Maybe we could also save a few hositpals from being shut down due to lack of financing. Instead the bleeding hearts are going to continue to allow the flood of humanity which is going to drive up the costs and drain our resources. Who cares if a few hundred senior citizens die per year because they didn't have health coverage or didn't have a hospital close enough because the one that use to be close enough got shut down by all of the illegal alien parasites that suck that hospitals finances dry? As long as big business has enough cheap labor and the bottomline is taken care of, right?

Contact your worthless Congress Critter and tell him/her that you are fed up with your tax dollars going to providing for illegal alien criminals and their offspring. Tell him/her that either you enforce our laws or you too will find yourself on the unemployment line in November.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn