Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rick Perry on Jeb Bush's 'Act of Love' Remarks: I Sympathize with Illegals who Break

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rick Perry on Jeb Bush's 'Act of Love' Remarks: I Sympathize with Illegals who Break

Rick Perry on Jeb Bush's 'Act of Love' Remarks: I Sympathize with Illegals who Break Laws to Help Their Families

by Tony Lee 23 Apr 2014, 4:12 PM PDT
    breitbart.com

Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who is being advised by a prominent pro-amnesty ally to Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg, said that he understood and sympathized with people who break the law to enter the United States illegally to take care of their families.

Appearing on Your World on Fox News with guest-host Stuart Varney Wednesday, Perry was asked how he felt about former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's "act of love" comments about illegal immigration.

"I have sympathy. I totally understand about people breaking a law to take care of their family," Perry said, noting that that was especially the case when the United States has, in his opinion, essentially told Mexicans for 40 years, "come on over, its okay, don't worry about breaking the law."

Perry, whose poll numbers plummeted during the 2012 GOP presidential race when he said those who opposed in-state tuition for illegal immigrants did not have "a heart," said that the United States welcomed illegal immigrants for their work and then suddenly tried to send them back in the 2000s because of terrorism and the rise of violent drug cartels.

Perry also said he is seriously thinking about running for president. Jeb Bush, who again pushed for amnesty at a "Davos in the Desert" event on Monday, also said on Wednesday that he was "thinking about running for president."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Their-Families
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Perry defends Jeb Bush on immigration, blames US for permissive ‘come on over’ polici

Video at the source link.
    ~~~

Perry defends Jeb Bush on immigration, blames US for permissive ‘come on over’ policies

6:39 PM 04/23/2014
    Brendan Bordelon
    The Daily Caller

Texas Republican Gov.Rick Perry defended Jeb Bush’s remark that illegal immigration is an “act of love,” claiming he “understands about people breaking a law to take care of their family” — particularly when for decades U.S. policy was “come on over, don’t worry about it.”

Perry spoke with Fox News’ Stuart Varney about the former Florida Republican governor’s illegal immigration apology, which inspired a ferocious backlash from the right.

The Texas governor first tried to dodge the question, noting that as the Mexican economy improves the illegal immigration question may prove a moot point.

“The immigration issue may be one that’s fixing to change, and change in a great way,” Perry claimed. “Because Mexico is about to liberalize their energy policies, and we’re going to see a great outflow of individuals –”

“Is it an act of love, governor, when someone comes across that border to feed their family?” Varney interrupted.

“I think in a lot of cases it’s about ‘I want to be able to take care of my family,’” Perry admitted. “And for 40 years, we’ve sent the message that, ‘Come on over, it’s okay, don’t worry about breaking the law.’ And then all of a sudden the rules get changed, 9/11 occurs, and we have drug cartels.”

“I totally understand about people breaking a law to take care of their family,” he asserted, “particularly when the country whose law you’re breaking has for 40 years basically said, ‘Come on over, don’t worry about it.’”

“And we did that, and we have to stand up and truthfully say that that was the message all too often through the ’60s, ’70s, ’80s, even the ’90s,” Perry said. “That’s the message we sent to individuals in Mexico: Come on over here, we need your work.”

Perry had his own “act of love” moment during the Republican presidential debates in 2011, defending Texas’ policy of providing in-state college tuition to illegal immigrants.

“If you say that we should not educate children who come into our state for no other reason than that they’ve been brought their through no fault of their own, I don’t think you have a heart,” he declared at the time.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/23/pe...over-policies/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This political theater is so sick! Sick from Slick Rick! Rick Perry supports in-state tuition for illegal aliens. In fact, it was his defense of that legislation that led to his Presidential campaign's implosion in the last run.

And yet he has the audacity to say he resents America's 'come on over' policies that encourage illegal aliens to enter and remain in the US unlawfully?????

Sick bastard. I could never lie this bad.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rick Perry Defends Jeb Bush’s Controversial Statement About Illegal Immigration

Alissa Tabirian
    April 24, 2014 at 4:21 pm
    The Foundry
    heritage.org

Gov. Rick Perry (R–Texas) weighed in on former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush’s contentious comments about illegal immigration, expressing sympathy for those who broke laws “to take care of their family.”

“I totally understand about people breaking a law to take care of their family, particularly when the country whose law you’re breaking has for forty years basically said, ‘come on over, don’t worry about it’,” Perry said on Fox News.

Perry said that since “all of a sudden the rules [got] changed” after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, “We have to stand up and truthfully say that that was the message all too often.”

Bush came under fire for stating earlier this month that illegal immigrants “wanted to make sure their family was intact, and they crossed the border because they had no other means to work to be able to provide for their family. Yes, they broke the law, but it’s not a felony. It’s an act of love. It’s an act of commitment to your family.”

Sen. Jeff Flake (R–Ariz.) came to Bush’s defense on Monday, posting on Facebook that “I agree with Jeb, and I applaud him for having the guts to say it.”

“Sure, some come with the intent to do harm or simply to take advantage of our generosity,” Flake said. “But many come to find work to feed their families. To lump everyone who crosses the border illegally into the same class is unfair and unproductive.”

The Heritage Foundation’s David Inserra, however, argued that “what is really unfair” is the cost of amnesty that will provide illegal immigrants “access to the whole range of U.S. services and benefits, including welfare and entitlement reforms, most of which are already bloated and fiscally unsustainable.”

He added, “While pro-amnesty advocates say that is unfair and wrong to deport unlawful immigrants, is it fair or right to impose trillions of dollars in new costs on the American people?

http://blog.heritage.org/2014/04/24/...l-immigration/

Added heritage's article to the Homepage:
    http://www.alipac.us/content.php?r=2...al-Immigration

They understand how someone can break the law to feed their families???? If a bank robber breaks the law to get money to feed his family, he gets arrested. If an illegal breaks the law, he gets rewarded!!

They are pandering because they know that the illegals vote and they are too hamstrung by a consent decree to contest it. A very good reason for the GOP to go the way of the Whigs and take the Democrats with them.