Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

RNC vote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that what the RNC voted for is only the REPUBLICAN Platform. Since none of the committee members are elected Senators or Representatives, this vote can only cast influence on how a REPUBLICAN senator or representative votes IF THEY WANT TO TOW THE PARTY LINE. I'm not sure it sways anyone who has already pretty much decided on his/her vote.(like the largely republican Immigration Reform Caucus in the house)

Perhaps I'm just searching for glimmers of hope here where there are none. But it isn't the same as if the SENATE had voted this way. These were internal Republican National Committee votes.

Alot of us had already said Tancredo should run on a third party ticket anyway. And Tancredo said he "doesn't give a damn about the party"

As for the polls being wrong, what makes you think the RNC votes on Republican platforms would reflect the opinion of the American public?
    These are committemen making these votes. Are these republican committemen voted in by the public - by the republican members of their state? Or is it a less representational process? I must confess my ignorance on this and wait to be enlightend.

Steve and PoliticalActivist, if you are there, please educate us on the workings of this.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Since none of the committee members are elected Senators or Representatives, this vote can only cast influence on how a REPUBLICAN senator or representative votes IF THEY WANT TO TOW THE PARTY LINE.
    Thanks, Sylvia. The fight continues.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Interesting, Sylvia. Unfortunately most of the do seem to want to toe the republican party line more than they want to do the will of the people who voted them into office. Most, not all. I'm hoping that we can change the minds of enough to make a difference by insisting that we make them listen to the voters for a change.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Think I scared them?
    I'm just SURE you did, had_enuf! If you didn't, they are in for a RUDE AWAKENING!

Sylvia--I know what you are saying but I think that the RNC DOES have a huge influence on the way the elected leaders vote because, after all, they ARE REPUBLICANS and, technically, they should be representing their party line. I know that some DON'T but, if they don't, they don't get the support that the party-line-toers get. You have to remember that A LOT OF THEIR CAMPAIGN FINANCING COMES from the RNC so I wonder how many will thumb their noses at the official platform?????
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie, I think you are absolutely right. And I think the RNC is hurting by way of lack of campaign donations this year as well. They sure send letters begging every day and they never have done that before that I am aware of-- not constantly like this.

That's interesting about the constant letters. I think THAT is a GOOD sign that they ARE HURTING and it is ABOUT TIME. Since I am not registered in either party, I get to avoid all of those BEGGING LETTERS!!! Of course, I have been getting a TON of those from Gilchrist and I think I've gotten some from Tancredo. I guess, any time I've shown interest in the illegal immigration issue, I got on those lists.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie, I know what you are saying. I belong to many, many things that ask for donations. Obvioulsy, I don't give to most. I think that the letters you refer to from Tom Tancredo are actually from TeamAmerica, a group like ALIPAC that is fighting like the dickens to eliminate Illegal Immigration. I don't think that Tom stands to gain anything personally any more than I think William stands to make any personal gain from the donations. The group as a whole gains in that we can keep the websites open and the news updated regularly. Those things aren't free, nor are the trips taken to spread the word, which seems to be the most effective means of getting things done.

As for the Republican and Democratic Parties, their solicitations aren't meant for anyone's personal gain, either. But they aren't doing anything as a group that I can see that warrants me sending them any money. They are too lazy to find decent candidates so they keep the same parade of miscreants year after year until the next, the next and the next obtains office.

I don't believe in giving people who are Democrats or Republicans already in office personal campaign donations for the simple reason that their $165,000 salaries already far exceed the combined incomes of both my husband and myself . My husband has worked his behind off for well over 40 years and I'm not far behind him in my own longevity in the work force. We have to give part of the money we earn away to support people and causes we don't want to support while the ones we do want to support are ignored by the federal government and, in some cases, even slandered!

I have donated to local and state officials who I believed would benefit the people. Unfortunately, thanks to our illustrious president, who makes even more than the senators make for doing nothing, we have less and less to donate to any cause. Maybe that is their ultimate goal--make all the middle class people into poor people then turn their backs on all of us.

That's probably right, JJ.

AND, remember that DOLE is in charge of the group that is trying to scare up candidates for the Republican Party so, for goodness sakes, DON'T send HER any money!

OHHH, Bootsie, I get regular letters from Dole asking for money for various people. The only thing I give her is a bunch of flack about why I will never send money to the very people who keep our borders open while they pick our pockets to pay the way for the very people we want deported.

RNC Cowards

"They sure send letters begging every day and they never have done that before that I am aware of-- not constantly like this."

I have gotten several letters from the RNC in the last year, asking for donations. I send every one of them back with a note stating that unless they stop illegal immigration, deport those already here and prosecute those who hire illegals, they will never get my support again and I will do everything in my power to see that no Republican gets elected. I send it back to them on their postage too. it's obvious from the wording of the letters that they are hurting for money and that they know why. We have to keep up the pressure.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast