Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Being a Catholic also, I never thought I would have a problem with the church, but their position is very upsetting to me.

They are putting all American Catholics in this position ,and I don't think they have any business doing so!

I can here it in the sermons lately, while not coming right out and saying their positions, it seems to be coming through in vailed opinion.

Everyone in the church, I can tell feels like I do. We seem to be simmering in our pews. We love our neighbor but demand justice in all circumstances! Where is our justice?! I have relatives that fought and died for the USA. in several wars for our country,culture, values and laws!! I don't want open borders and the church should not be encouraging foreigners to break the law. They do not seem to be on the side of the American people. This is very hard to deal with at this time, I am very upset!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    Being a Catholic also, I never thought I would have a problem with the church, but their position is very upsetting to me.

They are putting all American Catholics in this position ,and I don't think they have any business doing so!

I can here it in the sermons lately, while not coming right out and saying their positions, it seems to be coming through in vailed opinion.

Everyone in the church, I can tell feels like I do. We seem to be simmering in our pews. We love our neighbor but demand justice in all circumstances! Where is our justice?! I have relatives that fought and died for the USA. in several wars for our country,culture, values and laws!! I don't want open borders and the church should not be encouraging foreigners to break the law. They do not seem to be on the side of the American people. This is very hard to deal with at this time, I am very upset!
    CC
    they're on the side of filling the collection plate, especially after all the millions paid to Abuse victims. They care not that many hispanic Illegals have no problem with multiple "wives' {as they call themselves} and kids in both countries. They care not that these people take welfare from 2 states - as they often do in NJ/NY - by using different addresses and fake IDs. They care NOT about the scriptures and Golden Rule, 10 Commandments and that which they preach from the pulpit. What the hell do they care about Americans being raped, robbed and generally terrorized by a good number of the criminals that fill their coffers? I've had it with them making a mockery of Catholic doctrine.

Many that wear the cloth are not so veiled in their speech anymore. They're publically coming out and calling for anarchy against Americans.
    I can no longer turn a blind eye to this travesty. I resent what they have done but, of course, they take their lead {and have since at least the 60's} from the likes of Kennedy, Kerry and their ilk. Why not? The Kennedys, for one family, has donated plenty of money to them for their marriage annulments and dispensations.

By law, they should have any fed money taken away, as should the Quakers and many other religious groups. They have NO RIGHT meddling in our Country's politics &/or policy.
    {my 2 cents}
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

us2ndAmendisis,

I agree. If the church does'nt watch itself, it might just have a mass exodus by American Catholics from the church!

As a Catholic, I have been very upset with the church's position on this issue. Reading the document, "Strangers No Longer" which lays out their position and rationale really upset me. They basically come right out in that document and state that "all the earth belongs to all people" and that people have a RIGHT to migrate to make a living and that wealthier countries have an OBLIGATION to take them in.

NOWHERE in that entire document is there ONE WORD of acknowledgement of the negative effects of uncontrolled illegal immigration on American citizens. It is completely one-sided. I felt, as an American Catholic, as though I am nothing but chopped liver. As though they are throwing me and other American Catholics under the bus for greener pastures. Maybe that's not the right way to feel, but that is how I feel.

Recently our city passed a Hazelton-like ordinance. The bishop and the director of Catholic charities spoke out against the ordinance claiming that it would force the church to be in violation of the law. The bishop even wrote another article in the paper saying that we might have to write to him in prison!! Talk about hysterical!

Then, I found this organization while browsing the web called "Justice for Immigrants - The Catholic Campaign for Immigration Reform." It is run by the US Conference of Catholic Bishops. They are a collection of pro-illegal activists. I read through the website and they out and out LIE about facts pertaining to the effects of illegal immigration on our society and country. I have lost all respect for these people. Of course, they aren't the only ones--a lot of the mainline Protestant churches are in on it too. But, my anger is directed towards the Catholic church as I am Catholic. http://www.justiceforimmigrants.org/faq ... ition.html

They are disingenuous because they publicly state that they are in favor of controlling our borders and are not for open borders. But, when you read their documents, what does it mean when they say, "anyone who needs to migrate to make a living has the RIGHT to do so" and the wealthier country has the "obligation" to receive them. Isn't that open borders? Then they go on to cry for these "poor migrants" that they are often met with hostility in their "new homes." Like I said, it is COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY one-sided, and they totally ignore the other side of the story. It just makes me sick. To be clear, it is not my faith I am angry at, it is the leadership of the church.

Banned
    You are all completely right on. I too grew up Catholic. Again, this goes back to the fact that those who advocate for open borders and unending immigration fail to acknowledge that this is not victimless. They refuse to see or admit that citizens are being hurt. They choose to see only one side. They are cherry-picking snippets of biblical passages to try to uphold their skewed viewpoint, but completely ignore issues of justice, fairness to American tax payers who are being hurt and whose tax dollars have gone to support this mess.

If the Catholic Church wants to take the moral high ground, the first thing they need to do is sell off their fabulous properties and turn these funds into cash to pay to support families. While they are at it, clergy who advocate for illegal immigrats should forego their pensions and turn these funds into cash to feed and clothe the people they say we should support. Until they begin to personally sacrifice at this level, as many American families have had to do through loss of jobs, wages and lack of health care due to this crisis, they simply will not be believed.

The leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention met with the President and told him to secure the borders and enforce the laws.

These churches are usually known as the First Baptist Church. If a town has more than one then they can have other names. Their services usually begin beteen 10:30 and 11:00.

If anyone is looking for an alternative even if temporary, you might check them out.

My sister and I both married Roman Catholics. When our husbands went to church with us they both remarked how surprised they were with the sermons and how much they enjoyed them. My sister's husband switched. My husband didn't switch, but he continued to go with me to my church.

Just a thought for you all.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Catholic churches in Mexico and South America are rich and full of gold and silver that was obtained through killing of the Aztecs, and fighting the Incas. In one of civilizations the leader was held ransom for a room full of gold and silver to spare his life. In the end the leader was murdered even though the ransom was paid. Some of that gold and silver ended up going to the Catholic church. The church had no problem with that not to mention Pope Puis the 6th (correct me if I am wrong) not seeing a problem with Hitler's government. We have to be careful with their stand on many things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12