Ron Paul: I’m an ‘undecided’ voter

The Texas Republican said he 'will probably vote' this November. | AP Photo

By MACKENZIE WEINGER | 8/28/12 5:11 PM EDT

Rep. Ron Paul said Tuesday he’s not planning to endorse the GOP ticket at the Republican National Convention and that right now, he’s an “undecided” voter.

The Texas Republican told Fox News’s Neil Cavuto that he expects to leave the convention without endorsing Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, but that he “will probably vote” this November. Cavuto asked Paul if he leans more toward supporting Romney and the former presidential candidate said that “on certain issues,” he does.
Latest on POLITICO

(PHOTOS: Ron Paul rallies in Tampa)
The Fox News host then asked if there was a possibility he could cast a ballot in support of President Barack Obama this November. Paul replied, laughing, “Not too likely.”

But when asked about the chance he could support libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, Paul offered a slightly different answer.

“Well, there’s always possibilities of everything. But I haven’t made up my mind. Put me down as undecided,” Paul said.

“Let me tell you what happened in 1976. Ford was president, and I was a big Reagan supporter and went to the convention, but back then no one really cared and I never endorsed the ticket. It was a non-event. I just didn’t endorse it, Reagan was my guy,” Paul added.

Paul, who held a rally over the weekend for his supporters, told Cavuto he thinks the Republican ticket is “anxious; I think they’re really anxious to have our votes.” And although both Ryan and Romney have said recently they expect Paul supporters to come around to the Republican ticket, the Texas congressman said “they might be jumping the gun a bit.”

“I don’t own my delegates,” he said.

His supporters “are going to do what they want to do” and “when they ask me what to do, I say, ‘Do what you want to do.’”

Ron Paul: I