Thread: Rove's Rave

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rove's Rave

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.a ... E_ID=51026

Rove's rave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: July 12, 2006
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Joseph Farah

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    © 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

White House political strategist Karl Rove addressed members of the National Council of La Raza in Los Angeles yesterday telling the group euphemistically described by the Dissociated Press as the nation's largest Hispanic civil rights group, "all immigrants are real Americans."

While it may be true that most immigrants are real Americans, it is decidedly not true that members of La Raza are.

What is La Raza?

Well, let's see: The group sponsors and directs racist schools. It promotes the "reconquista" movement that claims the American Southwest belongs to Mexico. In fact, its very name – which translates to "the race" – exposes its agenda. How do I this politely? These people are Mexican Nazis.

But there was Karl Rove yesterday explaining that you and me – real Americans – have permitted the debate over his boss' deliberate decision not to enforce duly enacted immigration laws has "clouded" our judgment.

"Everything that this country is, everything that we have achieved, everything that we hold, everything that we promise, is because we are a nation of diversity, brought together by immigration, and sharing a common dream," he claimed.

It is clearly Rove's lust for voters – legal or not – that has clouded his own judgment.

I think if I hear this old saw about America owing everything to diversity one more time, I may gag. I may hurl. I may scream. It's not true. In fact, immigrants – and don't forget this – owe everything to America. We're not great because we're diverse. We're great because we once subscribed to a national creed. But thanks to the likes of La Raza haters, that's no longer true.

Furthermore, diversity is the last thing on the minds of the La Raza crowd. La Raza no more promotes diversity and tolerance than does the Ku Klux Klan.

I guess Rove forgot what La Raza's reaction was when his boss nominated Linda Chavez to the position of secretary of labor.

The lead spokeswoman of the group protested the naming of a Hispanic woman.

"The point of having a diverse Cabinet is to have someone who represents the views of that community," she said. "But Chavez has made a career of saying, 'I'm opposed to what most Latinos think and want.'"

La Raza may use the word "diversity." But the meaning of the word has been turned upside down. It doesn't mean what the dictionary says. It means the opposite. It means conformity. It means if you're Hispanic, you must think a certain way – or else you're not really Hispanic. You must believe what the founders of La Raza believe – that is to say what their puppet-masters in the Ford Foundation and Rockefeller Foundation who created the organization want them to believe.

But there was Karl Rove addressing these miscreants. There he was allying himself with them against us – real Americans.

And so America has achieved the kind of diversity La Raza hopes to achieve – political conformity. Both parties – the Republicans and the Democrats -- cater to this anti-American scum.

It doesn't even matter that the group continues to oppose most Bush administration policies. La Raza likes Bush's amnesty plan and few real Americans do. So, Karl Rove is talking to them instead of us. And the Bush administration embraces these extremists.

A case in point: It didn't bother George W. Bush one bit that his former White House counsel and current attorney general, Alberto Gonzales, was a member of La Raza.

This is a man in a position in which he is supposed to apply the law equally and without prejudice to any individual. Yet, he belonged to a group called "The Race." He belonged to an exclusive club, a racist organization, a band of extremists.

The reception to Rove's speech, not surprisingly, was tepid. He got polite applause amid protests of Bush's war in Iraq.

It wasn't anything like the reception former Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo got when he addressed the group in 1997 and proudly affirmed "that the Mexican nation extends beyond the territory enclosed by its borders and that Mexican migrants are an important – a very important – part of this."

Maybe Rove is looking forward to working his political magic on a bigger stage – the North American Union.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Joseph Farah is a great American!!!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

A case in point: It didn't bother George W. Bush one bit that his former White House counsel and current attorney general, Alberto Gonzales, was a member of La Raza.

This is a man in a position in which he is supposed to apply the law equally and without prejudice to any individual. Yet, he belonged to a group called "The Race." He belonged to an exclusive club, a racist organization, a band of extremists.
    This is definately worth noting.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Rove Tells of 'Shared Values' With Latinos
    The GOP strategist cites faith, family and Bush's immigration plan at a La Raza conference in L.A.
    By Teresa Watanabe and Michael Finnegan, Times Staff Writers
    July 12, 2006

White House political strategist Karl Rove touted "shared values" of faith and family and reiterated President Bush's support of broad immigration reform in a Los Angeles address Tuesday to one of the nation's largest Latino civil rights organizations.

In a lunchtime talk at the National Council of La Raza's annual conference, the Republican advisor outlined Bush's plan for stronger border security, workplace enforcement, a guest worker program and earned legalization for undocumented immigrants.

"He understands immigration is a positive force in this country … vital to keep this country going," Rove said, prompting applause from the crowd of a few thousand.

But he drew scattered boos when he highlighted Bush's recent approval of $1.9 billion in funding for more border security, including deployment of National Guard troops, and was disrupted twice by hecklers who unfurled antiwar and anti-Bush banners.

Rove, who shared his own family story of Norwegian immigrants, also told the crowd that assimilating by learning English was critical to both national unity and boosting the pay and career potential of immigrants. "English binds us together as Americans and enables us to share our common life," he said.

Speaking after Rove, New Mexico's Democratic Gov. Bill Richardson outlined his own immigration plan — which was strikingly similar to Bush's. Unlike Rove, however, he was not booed when he promoted tougher border security to crack down not only on illegal immigrants, he said, but also on drugs and violence.

Rove's appearance comes as both parties try to tap the fast-growing Latino electorate, which is becoming more independent. About 40% of Latinos voted for Bush in the 2004 election, compared with 56% for Democratic candidate John F. Kerry.

In California, Democratic registration among Latinos has fallen from 69% in 1996 to 48% today. Latino voters declining to state a party preference increased from 9% to 25% during that period while Republican registrants grew from 19% to 23%, according to the National Assn. of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials.

Cecilia Munoz, La Raza vice president, said she was "encouraged" by Rove's remarks in support of broad immigration reform at a time when a wing of his party is pushing what she sees as a punitive approach focused on cracking down on illegal immigrants.

Congress' two chambers are holding dueling summer hearings, with the House promoting an enforcement approach and the Senate backing a broader bill that includes border security, legalization for undocumented immigrants and more family and worker visas.

Munoz warned that Republicans would jeopardize their support among Latinos for generations if they failed to act on immigration reform.

"The image of the Republican Party in the Latino community is going to be set for the next generation by what happens in this debate," she said.

"The Latino vote is up for grabs, but it won't be up for grabs if the Republican Party continues to paint itself as a party of xenophobia."

Immigration politics also surfaced in California's gubernatorial race Tuesday, with Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger renewing his support for the civilian Minuteman border patrols at a campaign stop to showcase his Latino supporters in a Mexican restaurant in Lynwood.

"I support any time that a civilian wants to go and do the job that law enforcement cannot do," Schwarzenegger said in response to a question.

"I'm for that. I'm not for any harassment. I'm not for anyone carrying weapons. I'm not for any of that.

"But I have, for instance, in my house — for years and years and years — I've hired private security to take care of my house, because I felt that the police could not really cover every single house and protect the children and families."

State Treasurer Phil Angelides, Schwarzenegger's Democratic challenger in the November election, has tried to undercut his support among Latinos by citing the governor's support for the Minuteman group.

Hours after Schwarzenegger's appearance with Latino supporters, the state's highest-ranking Latino Republican, Sen. Abel Maldonado of Santa Maria, questioned the governor's loyalty to Latinos.

"Our governor cares about one thing only, and that's Arnold Schwarzenegger," Maldonado said in a telephone interview requested by his staff.

Maldonado, who lost the Republican primary for state controller last month, said he was disappointed that the governor declined to support his candidacy.

At Schwarzenegger's request, Maldonado had sponsored a bill to raise the minimum wage, a move that irked conservatives in the primary. "I kind of felt like I got left holding the bag," Maldonado said.

The senator also said many Latinos thought Schwarzenegger had shown "a lack of respect" with the Latino community by spending too little time in Mexico. Schwarzenegger has visited Mexico twice as governor and plans to visit again before the election.

"When he needs Latinos, Latinos are always there for him," Maldonado said. "When Latinos need him, the answer's been no."

Arnoldo Torres, a senior Schwarzenegger campaign advisor, called Maldonado's remarks "unfortunate." He said the governor had shown a "very, very clear commitment" to matters of concern to Latinos, including education, public safety and healthcare.

The four-day La Raza conference ended Tuesday with a town hall meeting on how to ease tensions and strengthen relations among Latino, black and Asian American leaders.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson stressed the need to focus on common interests of worker rights, while Stewart Kwoh of the Asian Pacific American Legal Center in Los Angeles described his center's efforts to mobilize low-income parents of all races for better education.

John Mack, a former Los Angeles Urban League president who heads the city's Police Commission, criticized African Americans who blame Latino immigrants for taking their jobs, calling such allegations "regrettable, unfortunate and factually incorrect."

"We have to get past the scapegoat mentality," he said.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...lines-politics
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Once again our media is silent on politicans attending LaRaza soirees. If one politican attended a KKK rally, his/her career would be over in a heartbeat (unless your name is Robert Byrd). Where is the outcry over politicans pandering to an obvious racist organization?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn