Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Schwarzenegger denies border troops request

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13511924/

Schwarzenegger denies border troops request
    Bush appealed for 1,500 more National Guard members on U.S.-Mexico line

Updated: 8:35 p.m. ET June 23, 2006
    SACRAMENTO, Calif. - The Bush administration this week asked California to send an additional 1,500 National Guard troops to the Mexican border, but Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger denied the request, two California National Guard officials said Friday.

The National Guard Bureau, an arm of the Pentagon, asked for the troops to fill recruiting shortfalls for the mission in New Mexico and Arizona. But Schwarzenegger said the request would stretch the California guard too thin if an emergency or disaster struck.

The overall deployment for the border mission would remain at 6,000, the guard officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity. Schwarzenegger's communications director, Adam Mendelsohn, said the governor felt sending more troops was an inappropriate burden on the state and would disrupt the guard's training schedule.

On June 1, Schwarzenegger agreed to send the California National Guard to the Mexican border to help the federal government's effort to control illegal immigration. That ended a 17-day standoff with the Bush administration over whether the state would join the border effort and who would pay for it.

California has committed to putting 1,000 troops on the border by July 31 and has 250 there already.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Yes,

I'm all for war on the governor now. He's an OBL lobbyist as far as I'm concerned. I was witholding judgement in the past, but now he's the enemy. I shall attack post haste with criticism, signage, and whatever else I can muster
    Schwartzenegger must be stopped now. He is not an american patriot now.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

Fed up with him. Just sent his letter today:

Dear Governor Schwarzenegger,

Just received your letter and request for contributions towards your campaign, however I will not send more money for any political candidate unless they are strong and sensible regarding the issue of illegal immigration.

If our country continues on the present course we are all doomed. History has shown every great nation does not last forever and ours just may be the next.

Some points to show the insanity of our present situation: 1. Proof of citizenship is not required to register to vote. So that means we have millions of non-citizens right here in this state who have registered therefore you politicians are going to cater to them now for votes. As for we citizens, forget us, unless we are owners of large businesses I guess. 2. Fraudulent documents are a big business and many people's social security benefits are a mess due to illegal aliens using their numbers. Again, it appears the illegal aliens are more important than the citizens or this issue would be addressed. 3. Anchor babies. Another area the government refuses to address. Just because an illegal has a child here should not mean immediate citizenship. 4. Illegal immigrants are allowed in-state tuition. So an illegal alien comes here and can get much cheaper tuition than say a legal citizen who moves across the border from Arizona. 5. The National Guard at the border is not to enforce our laws nor the local police departments. Law is law! If we citizens break the law we face the consequences but it seems we look the other way regarding illegal aliens. If our leaders really want to protect our borders they could and would 6. Employers are not penalized for breaking the law of hiring illegal immigrants. Again, laws not followed. There are more injustices, such as the costs of medical, education and more. The situation has gotten so out of control it is unbelievable.

I wish we could take in and care for every needy poor person in the world but we cannot. We are becoming a society of rich and poor with the middle class in decline. Read just this week the population of San Diego last year actually declined. Not surprising considering the direction this state is going.

It was fun while it lasted. When you first ran for governor I was excited to think we had a leader who would not be the usual politician and someone I could trust. I attended some rallies here in San Diego with such pride. You now sound like any other politician so someone has gotten to you or beaten you down.

So I have begun donating money to other organizations that feel as concerned as I do such as Alipac, Save Our State and the Minutemen. They are true modern day heroes fighting for our future sovereignty. If you choose to come aboard, welcome. Until then I am not donating to your campaign.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn