Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Schwarzenegger Denies Bush Troop Request

Schwarzenegger Denies Bush Troop Request
    Jun 23 9:22 PM US/Eastern

By AARON C. DAVIS & SCOTT LINDLAW
    Associated Press Writers

SACRAMENTO

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger this week rejected a request from the Bush administration to send an additional 1,500 National Guard troops to the Mexican border, the governor's office confirmed Friday.

The National Guard Bureau, an arm of the Pentagon, asked for the troops to fill shortfalls for the mission in New Mexico and Arizona, two California National Guard officials told The Associated Press on Friday. But Schwarzenegger said the request would stretch the California guard too thin if an emergency or disaster struck.

The overall deployment for the border mission would remain at 6,000, the guard officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the request had not been announced by the military.

Schwarzenegger's communications director, Adam Mendelsohn, said the governor felt sending more troops was an inappropriate burden on the state and would disrupt the guard's training schedule.

On June 1, Schwarzenegger agreed to send the California National Guard to the Mexican border to help the federal government's effort to control illegal immigration. That ended a 17-day standoff with the Bush administration over whether the state would join the border patrol effort and who would pay for it.

California has committed to putting 1,000 troops on the border by July 31 and has 250 there already.

Schwarzenegger initially criticized the administration's plan to deploy troops to the border, saying it was the wrong approach to dealing with illegal immigration.

The governor finally relented after the Pentagon signed a document promising to pay for the entire mission, a cost that could top $1.4 billion nationally. Schwarzenegger also wanted the Bush administration to commit to a firm end date. It did not, but Schwarzenegger signed an executive order saying he would not authorize the deployment beyond the end of 2008.

Schwarzenegger also said he intends for the mission to be carried out mostly by troops who volunteer for the assignment.

That differs from the Bush plan, which called for putting Guardsmen on border duty instead of their annual two- and three-week training exercises. Schwarzenegger said that arrangement would have created severe logistical problems.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/23/D8IE98700.html
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Did he decide this before or after his visit with Vicente Fox ? Hmmm.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Incompetent President

Do I sense waffling from Ahhhnold on illegal aliens? Must have been Fox's visit when he insisted no more troops then what is planned. Looks as if the gurly man no longer has the intestinal fortitude to help TERMINATE illegal immigration.

Had high hopes for him when he was elected. He started out great but now has been remodeled into just another politician. Just rec'd a request for donating to his campaign and I'm sending a letter that I am no longer sending money and I'll add that any donating will be to the Minutemen, Save Our State and Alipac, places I know will spend my money for for a good cause.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We in CA are screwed. He's a turncoat. He doesn't give a rats ass for the citizens of this state. His true colors have come out for sure. I voted for this jerk, and boy do I regret it. I have no respect for this girlie man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusky
    We in CA are screwed. He's a turncoat. He doesn't give a rats ass for the citizens of this state. His true colors have come out for sure. I voted for this jerk, and boy do I regret it. I have no respect for this girlie man.
    Well, I voted for him too, but what other option was there? Bustamente?

Had he won, the Mexican Flag would be flying over the capitol in Scaramento today.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

traitor

Has he done AnyThing that....

...he promised during his campaign??

Seems like he's rolled over & backed off on every thing he said he'd do.

Can you imagine listening to the Gov-anator speaking SPANISH!!!

Maybe because he's foreign-born,,, he doesn't have the deep allegience to USA that we have.

He talks it ...but doesn't walk it.

Incompetent president and governor

From what I gather the Mexican Flag is practically flying over the capital as it is flying everywhere else. You California people need to get rid of that tired old terminator. Mexifornia is just about completely annexed by Mexico. Just a matter of time before it spreads to here (what was the south, Georgia).

An aide recently quoted Bush saying the Constitution "Is just a g-d damn piece of paper".