Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Schwarzenegger Sounds More Conciliatory

What a silly man!!

SAN DIEGO - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger sounded more conciliatory Thursday toward President Bush's plan to send 6,000 National Guard troops to the Mexican border, but the governor's advisers said he still has not decided whether to participate.

If that will help to prevent people from coming across the border for right now, then we are more than happy to join in and to help temporarily," Schwarzenegger said. "But it definitely should not be a permanent solution."

Schwarzenegger is concerned that California Guardsmen will be caught up in an open-ended mission on the border that could drag beyond the two years the president has promised and leave California with much of the bill.

Schwarzenegger aired his concerns in a telephone call with Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff on Wednesday but was not satisfied with the answers.

The governor on Thursday appeared to go out of his way to praise Bush for proposing a plan on illegal immigration.

"I'm not here just to criticize the plan because I am happy that finally they woke up and that they say yes, something has to be done about it," Schwarzenegger said.

But he again questioned how the plan would work.

"I think they will realize that the 6,000 men are not enough, that it is too much of a distance, that they need probably 50,000 or so," he said.

He also said he thought the Guard would wind up being there longer than two years.

"I think they have to come up with a different solution," Schwarzenegger said. "So there's a lot of things to discuss and work on."

Schwarzenegger's tough questioning has been somewhat unusual for a Republican governor. Texas Gov. Rick Perry, also a Republican, has embraced the plan, as has Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano, a Democrat. New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, also a Democrat, has been more critical.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060519/ap_ ... r_border_3
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

Has everyone forgotten Arnie is married to a Kennedy?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California is an international border

I hate to tell girly men Bush and Schwarzenegger, but its not up to them to choose whether or not to secure the borders of the US. It's their job, and Arnold's California border, also happens to be an international border and by extension a federal matter. Even if girly man doesn't want to allow National Guard troops on the California-Mexico border, he doesn't have the authority to override a federal decision to put them there. The only problem that remains is whether of not Jorge Bush, Vice President of Mexico will order it if Muscles doesn't.

He is as phony as his accent.

Arnold is about as good of a governor as he was an actor. I hope he has fun being a one term governor. I wonder who flip flops more, him or Bush. I think it's a toss up.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn