Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Sen. Jeff Sessions to Rebut Jeb Bush’s Amnesty Support During Surprise CPAC Meet-and-

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Jeff Sessions to Rebut Jeb Bush’s Amnesty Support During Surprise CPAC Meet-and-

Sen. Jeff Sessions to Rebut Jeb Bush’s Amnesty Support During Surprise CPAC Meet-and-Greet

by Matthew Boyle
    27 Feb 2015
    Washington, DC
    574 comments

NATIONAL HARBOR, Maryland — Senate Judiciary Committee subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest chairman Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) will address Conservative Political Action Committee (CPAC) attendees on Friday afternoon at a Breitbart News-hosted event.

The event, at which Sessions will speak and also meet with CPAC attendees, is sponsored by Breitbart News and several grassroots organizations. Co-sponsors include Tea Party Patriots, American Family Association, Numbers USA, and Phyllis Schlafly’s Eagle Forum.

The event will take place in the Chesapeake F room of the Gaylord National Harbor Hotel and Conference Center at 2:30 p.m. ET, almost immediately after former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush speaks via an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity on the main stage at CPAC.

“Mitt Romney lost the election because he trailed voters earning between $30,000 and $50,000 by 15 points and voters earning under $30,000 by 28 points,” Sessions said in a statement.

No party can win without working and middle class voters. The path forward for the GOP is to become the party of the American worker. The party of higher wages. The party of full employment.

The Democratic Party has already cast its lot: its members have endlessly enabled the President’s anti-worker policies, including his wage-cutting agenda of uncontrolled immigration and the bleeding of American manufacturing wealth overseas.

The American people are crying out for an alternative. They are ready and waiting for leadership that will dutifully serve their interests, and be willing to say ‘NO’ to the big donors and the special interests when they work to undermine the people’s will.

It’s time for a humble and honest populism that puts the national interest – the people’s interest – first

“Sen. Sessions is the leading warrior for the grassroots in the fight for American sovereignty,” Stephen K. Bannon, Breitbart News’ Executive Chairman, said. “Breitbart News is proud to host the Senator to allow everyone at CPAC to meet him.”

Bush, who will speak right before Sessions, is likely to be asked about his positions on immigration and Common Core—both of which are out of step with the GOP electorate nationwide. Sessions’ remarks to CPAC can be viewed as a rebuttal to the potential 2016 candidate who’s been soaking up Wall Street donor money early on.

Bush has had several missteps with staffing as of late, and he is having serious issues with Republican base voters due to his outside-the-mainstream positions on issues like immigration. CPAC has largely been viewed as an opportunity for Bush to attempt to win over conservatives who he has been unsuccessful in wooing to his team, but Bush thus far—before his speech—has seen animosity from almost everyone in the GOP arena.

On Thursday at CPAC, while being interviewed by radio’s Laura Ingraham, even New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie—who supports amnesty for illegal aliens—slammed Bush’s immigration stance.

Here’s a partial transcript of the exchange between Ingraham and Christie over Bush’s immigration position, as provided by Ingraham’s executive producer:

Ingraham: “According to the last Gallup poll, only 7% of Americans think that we should have increased levels of immigration– 7%– and following on that, Jeb Bush has recently said that immigrants are more entrepreneurial, harder working and more fertile than [Americans].

He even suggested that Detroit should be repopulated with foreign workers, immigrant workers, to spur the economy in Detroit. At a time when we have so many Americans unemployed, tens of millions of Americans out of the workforce, what is Governor Christie, in a national setting– let’s say you decide to run for President– going to do on these issues. there seems to be a disconnect between the people and the pols on immigration– a big one.”

Christie: “First off, I think that statement is misdirecting the priorities because what I would be concerned about would be the people that are in Detroit right now. The hardworking people who stuck with Detroit and who have stayed there.

We want to create economic opportunities for them, we want to create a better educational system for them so that they can have a better future, so that’s misdirecting the goal here first of all.”

Ingraham: “But Jeb Bush says they’re more entrepreneurial, harder working, and more fertile than Americans”

Christie: “Well, first of all, I’m not mentioning the fertility thing. The fertility thing is not where we should be headed with this.

But the fact of the matter is that the the most entrepreneurial people in the world are the people of the United States and that’s why folks want to come here because that’s the system we’ve set up and what we’ve created.

And, Laura, what we need to get back to in this country is creating a economic atmosphere where people want to come here legally and create a great life, because the people who are already here are doing that for themselves and their families, and so my focus on Detroit would be to say how do we make that city, for the people who are there, how do we make it better for them from economic perspective, from an educational perspective so that people will want to come to Detroit because there’s great opportunity and not for other reasons.”

Ingraham: “Well, what’s happened now is you have 58 million [native born] Americans of working age who are operating outside of the workforce. It’s a stunning number of people. 62 percent labor force participation rate. Abysmal. It’s embarrassing for our country.

And yet there is an unending hunger for foreign workers coming into this table mostly pushed by big business. And again, the disconnect between what American people need and what politicians (in both parties, this is a bipartisan deal here) want. And how do you get the middle class hard working American in– I don’t know– Columbus to look at Democrats and Republicans and say, ‘They represent me.'”

Christie: “Well, what they need to look at– more than Democrat or Republican– is look at what the person is saying and what they’ve done in their career. And in my career I have always tried to put the hardworking people of my state first… The focus unfortunately with a lot of people in politics right now is what they say in the editorial page of the New York Times or the Washington Post, when what we should be concerned about is– what I heard when I went to 37 states last year– they want opportunities for great careers for themselves and for their children and we’re not talking about that and we better start talking about that because these folks– the hardworking middle class in this country– are the backbone of our society and that’s what we have to be focused on.”

The Drudge Report on Thursday piled on Bush, highlighting a piece from the Washington Post’s Bob Costa about how Bush once called the Republican Party “anti-woman,” “anti-science,” and “anti-gay.” The paper wasn’t alone, as many political figures at CPAC tore into the idea of having another Bush as the public face of the GOP, even if they didn’t directly name him.

“As we look to recent elections, and we compare 2004—the last race Republicans won—to 2008 and 2012, by far the biggest difference is the millions of conservatives who showed in ’04 who stayed home in ‘08 and ’12,” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) said in an exclusive interview with Breitbart News, hinting at why another Bush wouldn’t succeed in beating the Democrats.

They fall primarily into two groups. Number one, evangelical Christians showed up in massive numbers in ’04 but stayed home in ’08 and even more stayed home in ’12. And number two, Reagan Democrats—largely ethnic Catholics up and down the rust belt, they tend to be blue collar union members, gun owners, pro-life, strong national defense. Ohio steel workers.

The central question, if we’re going to win in 2016, is how do you bring back the millions of conservatives who have stayed home the last two elections and that’s one of the reasons I’m looking so seriously at this race is because if you look at all the candidates—we have to nominate a candidate who can energize and mobilize those conservatives and bring them back to the polls

“If we are to rejuvenate the economy and get the government out of the way, I think we could have growth like we had during the Reagan years but we can’t have milquetoast middle-of-the-road Republicans because they end up not being much different than the Democrats,” Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said in his own exclusive interview with Breitbart News. “What we really need are Republicans who will boldly be what they’re for and that is limited government and lower taxes, not revenue-neutral tax reform whatever that is. We ought to be for lowering taxes and with that, millions of jobs will be created.”

Even Nigel Farage of the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) seemed to recognize the need for Republicans in the U.S. to avoid nominating another establishment Republican such as Bush.

“I’m often asked what are the comparisons and what are the differences between U.S. politics and British politics—well there are a lot of differences but there are I think a lot that draws us together,” Farage said in remarks at his own Breitbart News-hosted meet-and-greet at CPAC on Thursday. “The English-speaking world, common law and the shared history and things that we’ve stood together and fought for over the centuries that have really mattered. I’m a big fan of America: I spent 12 years working for American companies. Did you hear that? I said working. I’m a politician who had a job before I did this. How about that? How unusual?”

What’s happening in the U.K. with UKIP rising to fight the Conservative Party establishment could very well happen in the U.S. if the GOP establishment continues to control the party infrastructure.

“In my country, we have a two-party system—the first part’s a post-electoral system, but despite all of that a third party, an insurgent party, has come through and is poised perhaps in 69 days to do very well and possibly even hold the balance of power,” Farage said.

We’ve done it by getting votes from across the spectrum but we’ve done it in particular by winning votes from people who run their own businesses, who get up every day in the morning and who work hard—and find themselves in our modern corporatist economy and I say that as opposed to capitalist economy.

They find themselves struggling, and they are looking for some champions to stand up for them and to help them. I have a feeling that the Republican Party—and I know you guys want to do well, and it may come around—but if the Republican Party is going to win now it has got to get those kinds of men and women back voting Republican. To do that, you’ve got to find the right candidate to run for you as president

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...eet-and-greet/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ingraham: “According to the last Gallup poll, only 7% of Americans think that we should have increased levels of immigration– 7%– and following on that, Jeb Bush has recently said that immigrants are more entrepreneurial, harder working and more fertile than [Americans].
    No ethnic group is more "fertile" than another. Foreign nations have a serous problem with over-breeding, especially nations that are opposed to abortions and do not practice birth control, so people have more children than they can sustain on their own or even their government can afford to sustain for them.

So importing people from these countries who have this attitude is a major problem for the United States, not a benefit as Jeb Bush thinks, because it results in more people than money to sustain them.

And where does he get the idea that illegal aliens are more hard-working and entrepreneurial than Americans? Hey, if Americans could get away with breaking every law on the books, we could be even more entrepreneurial as well.

Jeb Bush is a rat-headed moron and there is no way he will ever advance to a nomination for President on the Republican ballot. No way, Jose, so all you fat cat donors just put your money back in the bank and earn some interest on it.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-27-2015 at 06:45 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sessions Vs. Jeb: Battle For The Soul Of The GOP

by Matthew Boyle
    27 Feb 2015
    Washington, DC
    795 comments

NATIONAL HARBOR, Maryland — In a surprise speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) unloaded on former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush—systematically dismantling Bush’s push for amnesty and a massive increase in guest workers from around the world.

“Right now, there are two conferences—one of them in public where candidates are out there having to speak and defend and answer questions on their views and on their positions on important issues facing America,” Sessions said to open up his remarks to the Breitbart News-sponsored meet-and-greet with CPAC activists. “Many people at this conference here and watching it from abroad are evaluating them, judging them and asking themselves whether or not their visions, their ideas, their character will be used to advance the interests of the American people and this republic—and that’s the way it ought to be.”

However, Sessions cited a Washington Times article saying Mitt Romney’s former top fundraising aide Spencer Zwick, “praised Jeb Bush’s stance on immigration, saying the party should follow his lead if the party hopes to win back the White House.”

“If someone wants to be serious about running for president, they need to be in a similar place [to Bush],” Zwick said on a conference call with GOP donors organized by Americans for Tax Reform president Grover Norquist—a key figure at CPAC since he is a board member of the American Conservative Union (ACU). The ACU hosts CPAC every year, but the organization under new chairman Matt Schlapp has seen a shift away from the establishment wing of the GOP it had under old chairman Al Cardenas.

“I’ll tell you one thing: It’s the people of this country that run this country,” Sessions responded, pushing back against the donor community’s push for other Republican candidates to abandon their constituents in support of Bush’s immigration position. “Contributions and supporters are always important in presidential elections and other elections too, but votes trumps money.”

The crowd in the room cheered for Sessions.

Bush, on the other hand, was booed by CPAC activists—many of whom walked out on his speech as he argued that Congress needs to grant amnesty to the millions of illegal aliens in America right now.

“The president did use authority he didn’t have, the courts are going to overrule that,” Bush said, comments in which he was essentially calling for Congress to stop fighting President Obama’s executive amnesty. But instead of stopping executive amnesty, Bush wants Congress to pass a legislative amnesty.

“There is no plan to deport 11 million people,” Bush said, but calling—as the Senate “Gang of Eight” called for, something that turned out to not be true—border security to stop the flow of illegal immigration “first and foremost.”

Sessions offered a different vision on immigration that Bush, one more in line with the Republican base:

I think [people across America] are very ready to abandon this statist, amnesty and open borders threat to their jobs, wages and future for themselves and their children. People are worried about this. I’m going to tell you how we’re going to win this election.

It’s a fundamental question of who are our constituents? Who do we vote for and represent? A CEO’s job is to represent stockholders. Well, a politician’s job is to represent the people. We are not, as National Review said, an economy with a nation. We are a nation with an economy. People are not commodities

Bush, during his interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity on stage at CPAC, accused those who have the viewpoint widespread increases in immigration would hurt American workers—people including Sessions—of having liberal viewpoints.

“I believe that we we ought to be focused on is growing the economic pie and growing it in a way that looks more like the ’80s in America,” Bush said during remarks.

But Sessions fired back, by noting that “the American people want and rightly believe their federal government should defend their economic interest on the world stage effectively with passion and determination. That is an obligation that we have as representatives of the people to do so, and with regard to immigration the American people are good and decent. We have the most generous immigration system in the world.”

Sessions detailed how America right now allows in more legal immigrants than any other nation, and noted, “the American people’s view is right and good and decent.”

“They’ve pleaded for this, they’ve demanded this, Congress has promised this but never delivered—they’ve asked for a lawful system of immigration, one that serves the national interest, one that we can be proud of,” Sessions said.

While Sessions said that Romney would have been a great president, he lost the election because he failed to get lower-income American workers to vote for him. The way to get those people to the polls for a Republican, Sessions points out, is to make it clear to the voters that the Republican nominee whoever it is will stick up for them over corporatists, special interests and foreign workers.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ul-of-the-gop/

While Sessions said that Romney would have been a great president, he lost the election because he failed to get lower-income American workers to vote for him. The way to get those people to the polls for a Republican, Sessions points out, is to make it clear to the voters that the Republican nominee whoever it is will stick up for them over corporatists, special interests and foreign workers.
    Absolutely. And that means restoring protected trade, reducing legal immigration, and grinding illegal immigration to a halt in the United States. We can no longer tolerate free trade treason that sucks our jobs and factories out of the country, legal immigration at its present levels that suck up all net new jobs but for those handed to illegal aliens who get the rest, and of course illegal immigration in its entirety from expired visas to border crossers.

We must bring our industries back home and send illegal aliens back to theirs. When 90% of Republicans and 62% of all voters want this, it's a no-brainer deal-breaker for any candidate who wants to do something else. Illegal immigration will be the number one issue of the 2016 elections, and this time, no candidate will be able to fake it, to pull a ruse, or do a bait and switch, because this time we're going to know you better than you know yourselves. This time candidates will be vetted down to their bones. Either you think and act like a Real American and have done so your whole life, or we don't want anything to do with you being in our American White House.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

MW
    Geez, why isn't Sen. Sessions running as a Republican candidate for President of the United States? I think his message would get a ton of traction. Of course I guess his ability to draw big money donners would be very limited but I think that's something his message would overcome in the end.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn