Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Sessions: More Visa Overstays Last Year than Population of Any City in Iowa, NH,

Sen. Sessions: More Visa Overstays Last Year than Population of Any City in Iowa, NH, SC

by CAROLINE MAY
    20 Jan 2016

The laws prohibiting overstaying a visa in the U.S. are “more show than substance” due to a lack of enforcement and failure to implement a biometric tracking system, Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) argued Wednesday at a Senate Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest hearing.

“If we do not track and enforce departures, then we have open borders, especially the way it is being carried out today,” Sessions, the chairman of the committee, said.

Some 40 percent of the illegal population in the U.S. are estimated to be visa overstays. However, the U.S. has yet to implement a biometric entry/exit process to prevent visa overstays.

“It must be understood that under the policies of this administration, overstaying a visa does not result in deportation,” Sessions said. “There is no plan or policy that does it. Such policies carried out today are a demonstration by our government that the exit date requirement has no meaning. Again, this is the very essence of open borders. Anyone can come in, no one has to leave.”

While Congress has mandated that government incorporate an biometric entry/exit system for decades, the Department of Homeland Security has yet to implement one.

In his opening statement, the Alabama lawmaker argued that in addition to the lack of a biometric entry/exit system, the reason behind the lack of visa exit date enforcement is due to the Obama administration’s immigration prioritization policies. Those policies require that an illegal immigrant first commit a serious crime before immigration enforcement actions are triggered.

“In addition to the harm done to American job seekers and taxpayers, this also poses a substantial national security risk and a monumental erosion of the integrity of law that encourages more violations,” Sessions said.

“The situation is dire, the time to act is now,” he added.

The committee chairman recalled the recently released DHS report detailing that at least a half million foreign nationals overstayed their visas last year.

“That is a population of individuals that is larger than any city in Iowa, New Hampshire or South Carolina,” he said.

Committee member Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) joking asked why Sessions picked those states.

“Because there are three [presidential primary] elections coming up. Did you not know that? And perhaps when people go to their election they’re going to consider these type issues,” Sessions responded.

The chairman called for DHS to establish tracking system at every port and send message that if one overstays a visa they will be sent him.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...in-iowa-nh-sc/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So why approve the visas to begin with, Congress? Yes visa overstays steals jobs, but so do the visas you approved, so do the green cards you approve. What about this problem is so hard to understand when it circles right back to the Congress that approved admission of 3,000,000 legal immigrants in 2015? That's 3 million good jobs that Congress handed out to legal immigrants in one year and most of those visas are for at least 6 years and of course all those green cards are the right to work permanently. I mean I've been tracking this and fighting against it for soon to be 12 years and many others across the country have been trying to stop this problem for much longer than that.

We need an immediate Moratorium on All Immigration for at least 10 to 20 years and we need Donald J Trump elected President to run the illegal ones out of here. And no, not like Cruz, who just wants to deport them AFTER they killed someone or been apprehended for some other awful crime.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Judy wrote:

We need an immediate Moratorium on All Immigration for at least 10 to 20 years and we need Donald J Trump elected President to run the illegal ones out of here. And no, not like Cruz, who just wants to deport them AFTER they killed someone or been apprehended for some other awful crime.
    Yep, let's allow Trump to deport 'em so he can turn right around and expedite the return of the majority of them. Sorry, I don't share your enthusiasm for Trump, but that is because I've purposely done a ton of research on him and the more I research, the more difficult it becomes for me to trust him.

You're right, Cruz hasn't proposed we form deportations squads to run around and kick in doors. That is probably because he knows many people will lose taste for such an operation very quickly, especially when the media starts shoving all the crying children in front of the cameras. However, he does believe in fully enforcing our immigration laws, instituting a mandatory E-Verify program, ending birthright citizenship, installing a system to monitor all visa entries and exits, ending sanctuary cities, among other things. On a separate issue, I trust Cruz much more than I do Trump our next two U.S. Supreme Court appointees. With Cruz we know we'll be getting strong conservative justices, with Trump ....... well, who knows what well get.

Since we're all adults here, we should at least be honest with each other when discussing these issues (IMO).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I want deportations. I want them fast and furious. I want all illegal aliens out of the country in less than 2 years. Of course anyone who wants them to stay is free to their own opinion, and there are certainly plenty of Americans who for some untold reason hold that stance. I am not one of them, so I of course support the ONLY candidate willing to do the job to get them out of here, and that candidate is Donald J Trump.

STAY TRUE!! STAY TRUMP!!

Come on Iowa Trump Supporters! Register if not already registered, take a piece of mail with your current address and a Photo ID and be at the FEB 1 Caucus before 6:30 to ROAR FOR TRUMP!! If he wins Iowa, he can Run the Table. LETS DO THIS!!

Thank you IOWA!! It's looking good but depends on you all getting to the Caucus on FEB 1.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy