Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think the first article I saw said they are pledging 1.5 million (or was it billion?) to get it started. But then where will the rest of the money come from? Because, after all, you know that if the fence would cost a normal person three million it will wind up costing the government at least ten times that much.

You are right JP.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail

I can't BELIEVE preelection posturing fools anyone at ALIPAC

Re: the Secure Fence Act of 2006 (H.R. 6061)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    I didn't see any funding in this bill. They vote every year to send the military to the border as well, but if they don't fork over the cash, it isn't going to happen.
    Let's see, these "words on paper" passed 39 days before election day.
    • H.R. 6061 has no teeth.
      It includes almost no funding.
      It does not prevent non-compliance or stonewalling.
      It includes no armed force to force sanctuary cities or objectors to build it.
      It has no completion deadline with penalties and inducements, only instructions, projections, and expectations. (Note that the 12/31/08 final date is after the NEXT election.)
      It includes no budget for expected imminent domain lawsuits.
      It includes no budget for continuous reconstuction of the fence at break-through points.
      The dual fence as specified will not stop two extension ladders and two pieces of plywood and two ropes, or a "jaws of life," or a bulldozer, or even a few laborers with one shovel.

And here's the kicker. It does not address executive branch non-enforcement of the law, that is, "You legislators can erect a border fence 'monument', but we won't protect it, man it, support it, surveil it, or enforce it."

Even Senators
    • McCain (RINO-AZ),
      Graham (RINO-SC),
      Collins (RINO-ME),
      Snowe (RINO-ME),
      Bayh (D-IN),
      Biden (D-DE),
      Boxer (D-CA),
      Rockefeller (D-WV),
      Schumer (D-NY),
      Clinton (D-NY),
    and 20 other Democrats found H.R. 6061 sufficiently innocuous, or voting against it so politically inexpedient, that they voted "Yea". (Sen. Joe Lieberman (D-CT) voted against it; somebody tell me what that means.)

"We can build the tallest fence in the world, and it won't fix our broken immigration system. Nor will it strengthen security at our borders," Even Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) got it half right; he just wants a phony "solution".

Oh well, better than nothing, I suppose. It penalizes the illegals crossing the border by requiring a 30-mile detour around Laredo, a 20-mile detour around El Paso, and a 10-mile detour around Douglas, AZ, and Del Rio, TX.

Did I mention that the Secure Fence Act of 2006 (H.R. 6061 http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00262 http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/.../~c109dTcQOA::) is just "words on paper" that passed 39 days before election day? I did? Well, for the eternal optimists, it bears repeating:

The Secure Fence Act of 2006 (H.R. 6061) is just "words on paper" passed 39 days before election day.

It's a sham, folks.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

MW
    Talk about cynical. I vote that we hold off on judgement until we gather more information on the deal. Geez, it hasn't even been 31 hours since the bill passed the senate.

Believe it or not, we do have some friends in the United States Congress that are sincere in their desires to secure the border. I know it doesn't seem that way sometimes, but none the less - they are there.

This problem didn't happen overnight and it's not going to be fixed overnight. All we can do is keep the burners turned on high and hope our representatives value self-preservation over the illegal immigrant special interest groups.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have thought all along that they just wanted to pass something in hopes of getting the dead wood who have been sitting on their asses all this time elected for another term so they can REALLY screw us over. I'm more determined than ever to vote every single one of them out of office and start fresh.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

$$$$$ for FENCE?

Will they fund it? And will they build along the whole BORDER! Hope this is the Start!
    ************* PRO DEO &*PATRIA!********

They are only building 700 miles out of approximately 2000. But it's a start. IF they do it. I'll believe it when I see it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12