Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senate hearings on Ramos-Compean postponed

Senate hearings on Ramos-Compean postponed

Democrats who want 'extreme' sentences probed blame 'scheduling difficulties'

Posted: February 20, 2007
    7:57 p.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
    © 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.
    Senate Judiciary Committee hearings scheduled by Sen. Diane Feinstein, D-Calif., to investigate the prosecution of border agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean and Texas Texas Sheriff's Deputy Guillermo "Gilmer" Hernandez have been postponed, WND has learned.

Sen. Feinstein told WND that scheduling difficulties were responsible for the cancellation of the Feb. 27 hearing and her office anticipates that a new hearing date will be set soon.

A spokesman for Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, said he was disappointed to hear of the postponement, noting the senator's staff had done extensive work in preparation.

As WND reported, Feinstein received permission from Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., to examine the cases. The Bush administration has drawn strong criticism from Republican congressmen angry about its handling of a case in which two border agents were given 11- and 12-year sentences after granting a drug smuggler immunity to testify against them.

"I strongly believe that the sentences in this case are too extreme, given the criminal nature of the defendant and his possession of large quantities of drugs," Feinstein said in a statement. "These men were given sentences that some individuals who are convicted of murder wouldn't receive."

Leahy's office did not return WND's call for comment.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=54364

Why does this not surprise me?
    Feinstein is one of the biggest members of the Open Borders Lobby club!

It burns me to no end that Compean and Ramos are still in prison after everything that has come to light.
    <div align="justify"><div align="left">[i]</div><div align="center"><div align="left"><div align="center"><div align="left">[i][i][i][i][i][b]WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FACISM!* IMPEACH THEM ALL!</stro

(MOD EDIT)

What do you expect of flat-footed, mentally challenged, political opportunist, careerist geeks, wallowing in the tax payers' pig trough, glued to their approval ratings , and tied to their "country club" of elitist co-conspirators?

Selling their souls to the highest bidder, cashiering their fam trips to faraway "studies" of issues and policy making, prostituting their constituents to "scheduling conflicts", while wining and dining Chateau Briand on a per diem fit for a Saudi Prince? Handing their laundry to their "legislative assistants", to be starched and pressed at their leisure.

Have you gotten the PICTURE?
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

Bravo! You got that right!
    <div align="justify"><div align="left">[i]</div><div align="center"><div align="left"><div align="center"><div align="left">[i][i][i][i][i][b]WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FACISM!* IMPEACH THEM ALL!</stro

YEP had it for some time... just waiting for the rest of this country to get on the same page. Looks like it is finally happening.

Well said Thomas thank you
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Sen. Feinstein told WND that scheduling difficulties were responsible for the cancellation of the Feb. 27 hearing and her office anticipates that a new hearing date will be set soon.
    "I strongly believe that the sentences in this case are too extreme, given the criminal nature of the defendant and his possession of large quantities of drugs," Feinstein said in a statement. "These men were given sentences that some individuals who are convicted of murder wouldn't receive."

No worries Dianne. It is just the lives of three men we are talking about here. Take your time until you can work out your scheduling difficulties.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

MW
    Hmmm..........I guess we now know what she doesn't consider a priority.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by WMCMinor
    [quote:1av1wxuf]"I strongly believe that the sentences in this case are too extreme, given the criminal nature of the defendant and his possession of large quantities of drugs," Feinstein said in a statement. "These men were given sentences that some individuals who are convicted of murder wouldn't receive."
    Good for her (all talk and no action)! Maybe she could sit in prison for PROTECTING this country and its CITIZENS. Oh yeah, that's right, she didn't get the jet she wanted. She could fly commercial with the rest of us law abiding, good folk. I guess she could drive. I'd be happy to pick her up and drop her OFF.

Seriously, how do we ever make this right for these two men and their families? It is such a travesty. It's despicable. She should be ashamed for ever having the audacity to say "scheduling difficulties" when lives, human beings, have been forever changed. One minute in prison was too long.[/quote:1av1wxuf]

Plus everytime I hear her say that she strongly believes that the sentences were too harsh I want to explode! Sentences too harsh?
    These men shouldn't have sentences at all! Period. Of course what she is saying is the same psycho babble over and over again to make it seem like she is concerned and doing something about it. All hogwash!
    She is pushing for a guestworker program, and for social security for illegals! Its too bad those who dont know any better fall for her bull!

[/

OH BOY DO I HAVE THE PICTURE, YOU SAID IT TO PERFECTION!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Scheduling problems? What could be more important than getting to the bottom of innocent border agents rotting away in prison, because they received bogus charges against them?
    Getting your nails done again? Meeting with the Mexican Lobbyists?
    Or are you meeting Bush to discuss the North American Union?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast