Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

City Hall, Room 200
    1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
    San Francisco, CA 94102

Telephone: (415) 554-6141
    Fax: (415) 554-6160
    Email: gavin.newsom@sfgov.org

http://www.sfgov.org/site/mayor_index.asp

Mayor Newsom Launches Sanctuary City Outreach Campaign
    http://www.sfgov.org/site/mayor_index.asp?id=78378

Well, I hope Mayor Gavin Newsom is representing the will of his constituients on this because I have a strong suspicion that many will no longer feel so hospitable when, surrounding their million plus dollar communites, there is nothing but third-world barrios ; all at the express invitation of their fearless leader.

Lets see how accomodating they are then! And don't tell me it cannot happen because it's happened to me personally!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Redpony, I hope you are right! Let ICE come in a clean up! Would love to deport Gavin Newsom along with all the other law breakers!

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    TRUST ME. SAN FRANCISCANS ARE AWAKE ON THIS AND VERY UPSET ABOUT IT. I DONT KNOW ONE PERSON HERE WHO IS IN FAVOR OF THIS CITY BEING A SANCTUARY CITY. NEWSOM WILL HAVE TO BACK DOWN EVENTUALLY BECAUSE ICE HAS SAID THEY WILL ENFORCE THE IMMIGRATION LAWS IN THIS CITY REGARDLESS OF ANY CLAIM BY THE LEADERS OF THIS CITY THAT IT IS A SANCTUARY CITY. I HOPE ICE DOES NOT TAKE TOO MUCH TIME TO DO THIS.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    We don't need to do anything, folks. In one year's time, SF will be a cesspool of crime, disease, AND BROKE. THEN the native legal San Franciscans will wake up and raise hell.

It's just a matter of time. You'll see.
    I totally agree! But still the City leaders who support this should be prosecuted for aiding and abetting in my opinion.

Newsom's embrace of illegal immigrants is a PR ploy

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Editor - Regarding "City making clear illegals can obtain services here" (April 3): Mayor Gavin Newsom's latest ploy to position himself for a future gubernatorial or senatorial nomination is another transparent photo-op maneuver designed to appeal to Latino voters.

He's spending city tax money to publicize a program which openly violates federal law - the purpose of which has nothing whatever to do with human rights and everything to do with personal ambition. Newson has shamelessly used the mayor's office as a platform to further his career, staging a series of PR events to showcase his agenda.

He isn't worried about the costs and damage illegals cause the city, that's just a minor inconvenience on the road to his glittering political future.

CURTIS FAVILLE

Kensington

Abetting criminals
    Editor - Am I the only one who thinks Mayor Gavin Newsom's latest announcement regarding services to illegal residents is just plain wrong?

His actions aid and abet the criminal activity of certain San Francisco residents.

At the federal level, we are spending millions of dollars to erect a fence to secure our borders against terrorists and illegal immigrants. Yet Mayor Newsom is spending $83,000 to advertise that San Francisco is willing to further spend taxpayer dollars by providing city services to illegal residents.

And this follows, by two days, his announcement that the city is eliminating nearly 300 paid positions as a necessary cost-cutting measure.

I have already filed an official complaint at the federal level about Newsom's abuse of power. Today I will also do so at the local and state levels.

JIM RADETICH

San Rafael

Give us bread and butter
    Editor - Oh, I feel safer already. San Francisco is spending more than $80,000 on an ad campaign so the world will know we are an immigrant sanctuary city (they already know, by the way) and the Board of Supervisors has taken a momentous and life-changing step to condemn China. Don't get me wrong - I agree with both principles and will probably be among the April 9th demonstrators, but where is the same energy devoted to bread-and-butter issues that actually affect us as residents? Crime is still increasing; the city is still filthy; Muni is still not on time but manages to hit and kill people.

I laugh whenever I think that Mayor Gavin Newsom has aspirations to the State Capitol. It must be nice to live in a dream world. Unfortunately, the rest of us must face reality.

SHERRIE MATZA San Francisco

www.sfgate.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12