Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Sheriff Clarke to take DHS job

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sheriff Clarke to take DHS job

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke gestures as he speaks at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Oxon Hill, Md., Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr., the pro-gun chief lawman in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, will take a job at the Homeland Security Department, according to local press reports.

He said he will become an assistant secretary in charge of outreach to the public, including law enforcement agencies that have to deal with the department.

“I’m looking forward to joining that team,” Sheriff Clarke told 1130-AM radio.

Homeland Security did not confirm his statement, saying it’s up to Secretary John F. Kelly to make those appointments.

“Such senior positions are announced by the department when made official by the Secretary. No such announcement with regard to the Office of Public Engagement has been made,” a spokeswoman said.

Sheriff Clarke, a Democrat, has been a favorite of Republicans for his law-and-order and pro-gun stances. He was a supporter of President Trump during the 2016 campaign.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-take-dhs-job/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh what wonderful news! Thank you Jean!! Thank you Sheriff Clarke for agreeing to serve our country at the federal level!! And the position of working with state and local law enforcement agencies is a needed position and I know you will do a great job!! Explain to our state and local law enforcement agencies that saving our country and citizens from the ravages of illegal immigration is the duty and responsibility of all Americans, especially our state and local law enforcement agencies who know who they are, where they are and what they're doing.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Awesome!

Now get Sheriff Babeu of Arizona on the Trump team with Sheriff Clarke
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Sheriff David Clarke slams ‘political hack Kaczynski’ over plagiarism charges

He admits, however, that the ‘formatting’ of his thesis ‘isn’t perfect’

Milwaukee County, Wis. Sheriff David Clarke speaks at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, in this July 18, 2016 file photo. Mr. Clarke says he’s taken a job as an assistant secretary in the Homeland Security Department. (AP Photo/J

By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke pushed back on Tuesday against claims he plagiarized sources for his thesis at the Naval Postgraduate School.

An appointment by President Donald Trump to the Department of Homeland Security hangs in the balance for Mr. Clarke, given a CNN report filed last Saturday accusing him of improperly citing a 2013 master’s thesis. The officer joined the “Bernie and Sid” radio show to defend his integrity.

“Everything that I put in there had a citation and, naturally, when you accuse someone of plagiarism, it’s not citing stuff,” the sheriff said, CNN reported. “That’s not even what CNN and their political hack [Andrew] Kaczynski said. They’re saying certain words and phrases I should have put quotation marks around. OK, alright, fine. Maybe from a formatting standpoint the thesis isn’t perfect, but the content is there.”

Mr. Kaczynski tweeted over the weekend that Mr. Clarke’s initial responses failed to address “the substance of our story.”

“I’m trying to set an example for others that you have to stand up to these bullies on the left,” Mr. Clarke said Tuesday.

“You can’t blink, you can’t run, you can’t just quit because it gets to be hard. This is a very hard thing, what they’re doing to me. It’s going to get worse. I’ve been advised of that. I kind of know that, but that’s what it is. But it’s worth it to me to stand tall at times like this and to potentially serve.”

Mr. Clarke, a long-time critic of the Black Lives Matter movement, has been a regular contributor to law-enforcement discussions on Fox News Channel. He also spoke at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio, last summer.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ms-political-/

Sheriff Clarke: 'Political Hit' May Cost Job, But Not Trump Loyalty

(video at source link)

Monday, 22 May 2017 09:09 PM

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke said Monday a "political hit job" may wind up derailing his Homeland Security appointment – but it will not shake his loyalty to President Donald Trump.

In an interview on Newsmax TV's "The Joe Pags Show," Clarke, author of "Cop Under Fire," lashed out at CNN and the journalist who first reported alleged plagiarism in his master's thesis – a charge Clarke has vehemently denied.

"It's a political hit job by the Communist News Network, CNN, and this hack Andy Kaczynski, this college dropout, who just goes out there and smears people, throws stuff up against the wall and then hopefully some of it will stick to damage the person politically," he charged.

He said he is not sure if the scandal will kill his Department of Homeland Security appointment.

"President Donald Trump has to do what's in the best interests of his administration," he said. "They've cut people loose before. I don't know why. So, time will tell, but I know that he values loyalty, and you know he's smart enough. President Trump knows what's going on here with me. He knows fully well, as does [Homeland Security Secretary John] Kelly."

"This is just an attempt to undermine me and to undermine the confidence that they have in me as well," he added. "But when you make political decisions, sometimes you know what, in the best interest you got to do things."

He said no matter what the outcome, his loyalty to Trump is unshaken.

"Regardless of what he has to do . . . I will never abandon this guy, the left needs to know this today," he said. "I will never abandon this guy regardless of what he or Secretary Kelly decide . . . and I'm going to fight like hell to continue to see that he stays there and that he's successful in making America great again."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/Sh.../22/id/791695/

This is so frustrating to see all these good people being attacked like this. It all started with the abuse of surveillance and spying by the CIA, the NSA and yes, the F. B. I. All Corrupt Swamp Masters.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy