Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sign Sparks Immigration Controversy

Sign Sparks Immigration Controversy
    Reported by: Katie Burcham - WMBD/WYZZ TV
    Thursday, Jul 12, 2007 @03:53pm

WMBD/WYZZ - BLOOMINGTON - Mugsy's Pub owner Phil Bouldz says he decided to celebrate Independence Day by exercising his right to free speech. He says, "Obviously there's a lot of people in this country that are not happy with the direction this country is going."

And Bouldz is one of them. He says he is doing his patriotic duty by displaying his political beliefs for the world to see - on the Mugsy's sign. Bouldz says, "I don't know if I see myself as a leader, I just see myself as more a concerned citizen, just like everybody else that drives up and down the street."

Bouldz's sign criticizes illegal immigration and urges residents to speak out against amnesty in an immigration bill. Bouldz says a proposed "North American Union" with Mexico would open the floodgates to millions of people America is not equipped to handle. He says, "Our constitution is being trampled on pretty bad, our civil rights are being trampled on pretty bad, and I think most people are probably in agreement with me."

But not Liz Acevedo-Alstrum. She is an immigrant herself, and says Bouldz's sign sends a clear message - go back where you came from. Acevedo says, "It brings me sadness because I really didn't expect that from a community like Bloomington Normal."

Acevedo says immigrants just want the chance for a better life, and in this immigration battle, that is one point Bouldz agrees with. He says, "I don't blame em really, it's easy to get over the border, and if I was looking for a better life, I would do the same thing too. But at the same time, if our country takes on more than it can handle, it's gonna be bad for our country."

http://centralillinoisproud.com/content ... /?cid=3055
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is Ms. Acevedo-Hyphen a legal or illegal immigrant - one never knows from the reporting.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Acevedo says immigrants just want the chance for a better life
    ... that's fine if you're here LEGALLY !!!

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Is Ms. Acevedo-Hyphen a legal or illegal immigrant - one never knows from the reporting.
    My thoughts exactly. She calls herself an immigrant but she's really an illegal or once was one. She will never understand what being an American is all about. She lacks patriotism.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    My thoughts exactly. She calls herself an immigrant but she's really an illegal or once was one. She will never understand what being an American is all about. She lacks patriotism.

Dixie
    You bet. I see a constant thread from all the illegals...the entitlement philosoply. They have no concept that they are a criminal that has broken our law by entering the U.S. and no concept of fraud they commit when they obtain illegal documents allowing them to work and obtain services. I do not care to try to rationalize with them...I just want ALL illegals deported. That's the only solution that will work and prevent curent and future illegal immigration.

I agree with you all. She probably did not attain her citizenship legally. I don't mind if they come to the U.S. - IF THEY DO IT LEGALLY. That's all most of us want. Speak our language and obey our laws. How can you call yourself an American if you do not understand the concept?

I was raised in central IL and if she is surprised by that reaction, she is living in a dream world. IL is ALL about being good Americans, strong Americans, make-my-own-way Americans.

Acevedo says immigrants just want the chance for a better life,
    What she really mean is for all Mexicans to get the chance to live off the American taxpayer. How many illegal aliens do you know of who are self-sufficient?

Does anybody know what his sign said? It must have been pretty good because the reporter didn't include it in the article.

you can see the sign at the link a video

here is the video http://centralillinoisproud.com/media_p ... ia_id=3211

I certainly agree with Dixie, this "immigrant" woman has no idea what it means to be an American. Therefore, she is NO asset to this country.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast