Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Speaker Says Fear of Alienating Latinos Stalls Immigration R

http://www.wispolitics.com/index.iml?Article=72602

WisPolitics: Speaker Says Fear of Alienating Latinos Stalls Immigration Reform
    9/22/2006

By Joe Petrie
    For WisPolitics.com

MILWAUKEE -- Roberto Suro, director of the Pew Hispanic Center, gave a lecture at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Thursday evening about the ongoing political crisis the country is facing in regards to immigration.

According to Suro, immigration (both legal and illegal) is continuing to climb at an astronomical rate in this country. However, neither of the two major political parties are willing to make any decisions on new immigration policy because they're afraid of isolating the Latino population.

"It has been the policy of George Bush and Karl Rove since he was governor of Texas to try and recruit Hispanics into the Republican Party," Suro said. "They both believe that without Hispanics the party may be extinct by the year 2010, or 2012."

Suro stated that according to a recent Gallup poll on immigration, views are divided along regional lines as opposed to political lines. Both Republicans and Democrats are more receptive to immigrants in urban areas where immigrant populations are booming, according to the poll.

However, in rural areas where immigrants are relatively low in numbers, most people find immigrants to be dangerous to American jobs and national security, according to the poll.

"The reason most urban residents both conservative and liberal find immigrants to be good people because they feel that they have strong family values and a good work ethic," Suro said. "However areas with less population and less immigrant population are afraid that immigrants only want to go on welfare and commit crimes.

"This might be explained by the poll, which says that rural residents feel legal immigrants only take jobs, while illegals hurt national security."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"The reason most urban residents both conservative and liberal find immigrants to be good people because they feel that they have strong family values and a good work ethic,"
    Get us a list of the urban residents who feel this way. This joker is dillusional!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I'm urban but there is a lot of truth in what Suro says that the rurals believe.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

because they're afraid of isolating the Latino population.

Don't these people see that the Latinos could care less? They've laid the groundwork for their own agenda already!! They are just waiting to run them out!!! Waiting for Amnesty, waiting for these legal anchor babies to turn 18 because then they will....by sheer number....win. For them and to hades with the rest of us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It has been the policy of George Bush and Karl Rove since he was governor of Texas to try and recruit Hispanics into the Republican Party," Suro said. "They both believe that without Hispanics the party may be extinct by the year 2010, or 2012."
    Life as we know it may be extinct by then. These guys have their own party going. What fools.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yea what a bunch of spin. How stupid is this.... MS-13 members scare the rural populations with dive-bys, gang banging, tagging cows and tractor jacking. What a bunch of bologna. Urban populations don't want illegal aliens either.

Dixie

I live in a predominantly rural area. In my opinion, this article implies that we who live in more rural areas are against illegal immigration because we are "unenlightened" and uninformed about how great illegals really are. I resent this attitude. It is the same elitist attitude we often feel coming from the urban areas like we are just a bunch of toothless, brainless, you-know-what stompers who have trouble tying our shoes (if we have any) let alone being capable of critical thinking on our own. I can assure them that is not the case. I will say that I believe we tend to be less PC and call it like we see it. Those of us who have taken the time to educate ourselves about the issue realize how devastating all of this illegal immigration is to our communities and to the country at large!

Your exactly right noyoucannot - I'm really tired of this sanctimonious crap too. Unenlightened indeed. The only thing I can suggest to Mr Suro and all who think like he does is that we should oblige your desires and make sure every illegal in your state or at least surrounding area moves to your neighborhood. Then you can immerse yourself in it all the time and in all ways. Of course Suro no doubt lives in either a gated community of some sort or the upper end of the city. He touts this crap but doesn't live it. Just like Bush and Kennedy and most other elites that are proponents of this idiocy.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Banned
    I live in a predominantly rural area. In my opinion, this article implies that we who live in more rural areas are against illegal immigration because we are "unenlightened" and uninformed about how great illegals really are. I resent this attitude.
    Me too, and I think this defies any kind of logic. One thing I might add though is that I really like living in a non-urban, less densely inhabited area and I love open spaces. That this is threatened all over the country because of the immense increases in population growth makes me really angry. I wonder if city folk are just more used to the higher population density and therefore don't observe as great a change in recent years?

Kate, that is a good theory. There's so much going on in a densely populated area that sometimes things go unnoticed also. In a rural area people tend to notice when their surroundings change also. We, too, choose to live here because we like the small town setting.

AlturaCt, love your avatar! From what I've come to understand, there are two types of people who favor illegal immigration: those who directly benefit from it such as those who hire them, and those who are not affected by it such as the elites who live away from it, whose jobs are not affected by it, and whose children attend private schools or at least schools which are not overcrowded with illegals' children.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast