Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Steve King: Dreamers Made Up Being Brought Here by Parents

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Steve King: Dreamers Made Up Being Brought Here by Parents

Steve King: Dreamers Made Up Being Brought Here by Parents

Republican Rep. Steve King on Thursday said the narrative told by young undocumented immigrants that they were brought to the U.S. by their parents is made up and they willingly entered the U.S. illegally.

King, an Iowa Republican with of record of making controversial statements, made the comments in a CNN interview.

They come after President-elect Donald Trump told Time Magazine he could work something out for the young immigrants who arrived as children, often called DREAMers."

Did any of those little kids say I didn't want to come here? Or did any of them that came in the day before they turned 18, they qualify too, did they say I was brought here against my will? No. Some of them are walking across the border on their own, lots of them," King said."They know what they're doing. It's not against their will. And they came here to live in the shadows. So, if we enforce the law and they live in the shadows, that's what they came here to do."

King suggested very young immigrants should turn in their parents for punishment for having slipped into the country illegally with them."Will those children point to their parents, and tell us you really need to enforce the law against my parents? Because they know what they were doing when they caused me to break the law.

"I don't think we've thought through this very well," he said.King said he has seen "packs of marijuana around the backs of young men that are walking across the border."

He argued that despite acting as drug mules, they could get protection from deportation through the 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival, DACA, program created by President Barack Obama's executive action. The program shields young immigrants from deportation and allows them to work. But anyone convicted of certain crimes is prohibited from acquiring DACA.

King, who campaigned with Trump and endorsed him, took a jab at the president-elect."

I don't want to let this go because somebody's heart got a little softer than it was before the election," a referral to Trump's Time interview.

Trump gave Time no details on what he might do for Dreamers, but expressed empathy.

"We're going to work something out. On a humanitarian basis it's a very tough situation. We're going to work something out that's going to make people happy and proud. But that's a very tough situation," Trump told Time."

"They got brought here at a very young age, they've worked here, they've gone to school here. Some were good students. Some have wonderful jobs. And they're in never-never land because they don't know what's going to happen," Trump told Time.

After the election, Obama warned Trump to think long and hard before endangering Dreamers.

During the campaign, Trump pledged to rescind the executive action by Obama including the action to create the DACA program. He also pledged to deport people in the country illegally. His immigration adviser Kris Kobach said after Trump's election that there is no "free pass" for anyone here illegally and projected that immigrants would pack up and leave.

This latest comment by King is not the first time he has broadly described Dreamers as drug traffickers.

In 2013 King claimed that Dreamers had "calves the size of cantaloupes" because they were hauling drugs across the U.S.-Mexico border.

King came under fire in July for asking Chris Hayes on MSNBC if non-white people helped build modern society.

"I'd ask you to go back through history and figure out, where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people that you're talking about — where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?"

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/r...arents-n693716
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-26-2017 at 06:35 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Deport them all. Rescind DACA 2012, DACA Expsion 2014 and DAPA, all three tomorrow. Stop wasting time. Congress doesn't want to touch this with a 10 foot pole. Ball back in Trump's court, free of Mexico meeting, on his way to a 20% import tax on all imports from Mexico, and deporting every single illegal alien from our premises including the DACAs.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And the Churches in Mexico coached them on what to say.

They are all liars and these Churches stink! They are just as criminal in facilitating this human trafficking.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

MW
    What King is saying brings to mind a recent news article or story I read or saw. It was one about an abandon Wal-Mart in South Texas being used to house hundreds of illegal immigrant children between the ages of 15-17. I believe the story said these children had illegally crossed the border on their own. So yes, I'm sure King is correct in his statement that some in the DACA program didn't actually come here with their parents.

Okay, went and used google search. Here's what I found:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...gal-immigrants

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn