Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Steve King: Illegal immigrants responsible for deaths of thousands of Americans

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Steve King: Illegal immigrants responsible for deaths of thousands of Americans

Steve King: Illegal immigrants responsible for deaths of thousands of Americans

He spoke in Omaha, where woman died from attack

Sep. 19, 2013

Republican U.S. Rep. Steve King said at a rally in Nebraska on Friday that thousands of Americans have been killed by people who are in the United States illegally. / Register file photo

Written by
    Jennifer Jacobs

Republican U.S. Rep. Steve King said at a rally in Nebraska on Friday that thousands of Americans have been killed by people who are in the United States illegally.

King said a former immigration official once told him the number of deaths is likely “in multiples of the victims of Sept. 11.” He added: “Now that hits home, doesn’t it? … Three thousand times something.”

The rally in Omaha was meant to support victims of crimes, including Louise Sollowin, the Omaha World-Herald reported.

Sollowin, 93, was raped and beaten in her Omaha home in July. She later died.

Police have charged Sergio Martinez-Perez, a 19-year-old Mexican native who is in the country illegally.

Democrat Jim Mowrer, a military veteran who is seeking to oust King from office in the 2014 election, criticized King Wednesday for his comments.

“Rather than do his job and get a farm bill passed, it looks like Congressman King is making inflammatory statements about Sept. 11 in order to create a few more headlines for himself,” Mowrer told The Des Moines Register in a statement. “Most Iowans can discuss immigration without invoking 9/11, and if Congressman King feels the need to play politics with 9/11, maybe it’s a sign that after 10 years in Washington, he’s lost touch with Iowa values.”

King said he’s now in his 11th year in Congress and during that time, two of his staffers have been victims of car accidents caused by drivers with no license or insurance who he said were illegal immigrants.

He asked staff members to print stories of lives lost or people harmed, and they found many stories, including ones about young girls raped or molested, someone killed in a drunken-driving crash, and a murder.

“Obama, how much blood has to be spilled before you defend our border?” he said at the rally.

It’s King’s second remark about illegal immigrants that critics have fingered as inflammatory in the past eight weeks.

In July, he said that for every illegal immigrant child who’s a valedictorian, “there’s another 100 out there who weigh 130 pounds and they’ve got calves the size of cantaloupes because they’re hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert.”
    King stood by his comments, which fueled national news coverage and jokes on TV talk shows.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...nclick_check=1

The Huffington Post's spin on the story complete with a video from Obama touting the economic advantages (for Democrats) of amnesty.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3962844.html

Steve King of Iowa has been such a good fighter against open borders and amnesty. I fear that people will confuse him with Peter King of New York who has become a turncoat traitor. It took me a little while to realize that there are two different Congressmen "King."

Patriots be sure to remember Pete is the evil warlock, and Steve is the good guy exorcists who drives out evil spirits.

Taken from the Newmexican post below (#1):

["Steve King: Illegal immigrants responsible for deaths of thousands of Americans

Obama, how much blood has to be spilled before you defend our border?” he said at the rally...

It’s King’s second remark about illegal immigrants that critics have fingered as inflammatory in the past eight weeks...

In July, he said that for every illegal immigrant child who’s a valedictorian, “there’s another 100 out there who weigh 130 pounds and they’ve got calves the size of cantaloupes because they’re hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert.”
    King stood by his comments, which fueled national news coverage and jokes on TV talk shows..."]

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20130919/NEWS09/309190066/Steve-King-Illegal-

From me: The lawyers play withtheir words and meanings but there is the legal concept of “depraved indifference.” Essentially the core of this legal idea is: someone shows such gross disregard for human life that they create or allow the risk of death to another human being. Depraved indifferences is based upon the risk that a defendant’s conduct created and his or hers lack of concern related to that risk.

Considering the “Fast and Furious” gun running scandal, The Benghazi cover-up, Baroque (Sewer Gas) Obama’s executive orders allowing unexamined illegal aliens to stay in our country, thousands of illegal alien criminals released from jail as a direct result of his actions, all, and more, of these activities ought make him and his cronies guilty of “depraved indifference.”

There are two organizations that might be interested in perusing the “depraved indifference” arguments against Obama and his cronies: Judicial Watch and The American Center for Law and Justice.

In any event “depraved indifference” should be a part of any articles of impeachment used against Obama.
    Last edited by csarbww; 09-22-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY2BME View Post
    Can we get a copy of this video up so that comments are allowed?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by csarbww View Post
    Steve King of Iowa has been such a good fighter against open borders and amnesty. I fear that people will confuse him with Peter King of New York who has become a turncoat traitor. It took me a little while to realize that there are two different Congressmen "King."

Patriots be sure to remember Pete is the evil warlock, and Steve is the good guy exorcists who drives out evil spirits.
    I ripped into one of Pete Kings aids today over the phone, i asked "what the hell does Peter think he's doing?", there was an eerie silence over the phone, i proceeded to tell him that he had been put on a s**t list with Conservatives & Tea Party members and he best change his mind, the aid said "he would relay the message".
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard View Post
    Can we get a copy of this video up so that comments are allowed?
    Up where??

I certainly agree that the issue of illegal immigrants is a serious issue that needs addressed by our representatives. However, in focusing solely on the "undocumented" it seems the administration has been successful in diverting the public attention from those whom they have documented and remain in this country breaking the laws and destroying our American values.

While it may be plausible to assume that 11,000,000 (probably many more) undocumented cannot be located and therefore not deported, it seems nothing more than a dereliction of duty when documented aliens are allowed to benefit from this country while systematically destroying the society they were admitted into.

My ex came in on student visa yet never went to school and worked illegally for three years (student visa fraud). Got green card by not mentioning her first arrest for theft (material misrepresentation). Failed to mention it again when conditions were removed (again material misrepresentation). Has acquired four additional theft convictions (crimes of moral turpitude). Denied citizenship 2 years ago but continues to reside in US and break our laws. Goes in and out of the country like she’s a citizen. Unfortunately I found this all out after our divorce. I am intentionally not mentioning any of the ways she defrauded me through this process (though they are many - not the least of which is hiding all this from me to get a sponsor)). But I do expect the US to follow through with enforcement of its laws. It’s ICE that needs reform not the immigration laws. And yes, all these allegations (and the supporting documentation) have been submitted to ICE, USCIS, Homeland Security, Obama, and numerous senators and congressmen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast