Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Steve King passed over for immigration panel

Steve King passed over for immigration panel

POLITICO
    By SIMMI AUJLA
    January 7, 2011 2:45 PM EST

House leaders passed over anti-illegal immigration hardliner Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) for the chairmanship of an immigration panel on the Judiciary Committee Friday.

Judiciary Chairman Lamar Smith appointed Rep. Elton Gallegly (R-Calif.) instead, a member of the subcommittee but less senior than King, who was the panel’s top Republican in the last Congress.

King is known for his anti-illegal immigration stances. The tea party favorite introduced a measure on the first day of the new Congress that would limit birthright citizenship. He’s a close friend of longtime illegal-immigration foe Tom Tancredo.

King has made incendiary comments that grab headlines, like threatening “deport a liberalâ€

He's gonna be on Greta tonite!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

These Republicans obviously did not get the message in November. California is about to tip over from illegals invading, and anyone from there should be ashamed to show their face at a panel on immigration.

We demand better than we are getting, and its only been two days and I am about to fire off yet another angry email.

Smith is going for what I think he called "70% Issues" - ones which have a high majority support. That's why he's focusing on increasing E-Verfy and worksite enforcement. Those issues bear directly on jobs for Americans. By maintaining a jobs focus, he's helping to build momentum for other aspects of the anti-illegal immigration issue, as well as related issues, such as rethinking the entire immigration policy.

'Bama can either go along with more E-Verify and worksite enforcement or been seen someone who's between Americans and their number one concern: keeping roofs over their heads by being employed. Activists already know that 'Bama could care less, but the publicity generated by Smith's hearings will help to make more people aware of that.
    ************************************************** ******************************
    Amricans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

Didn't take Smith long to get into the "Go Along to Get Along" mode!

Quote Originally Posted by lccat
    For me, I am taking a wait and see on this chairman. Passing mandatory e-verify alone would be a major achievement in killing illegals coming here.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Watson
    For me, I am taking a wait and see on this chairman. Passing mandatory e-verify alone would be a major achievement in killing illegals coming here.
    I hope you are correct in your anticipation of Smith doing right for the United States Citizens and not just “Going Along to Get Alongâ€

Quote Originally Posted by Watson
    I hope you are correct in your anticipation of Smith doing right for the United States Citizens and not just “Going Along to Get Alongâ€
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong