Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Student walkout organizer dead

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_3689773

ONTARIO - The family of a 14-year-old De Anza Middle School student will hold a vigil and procession today in front of a local church to discuss the circumstances surrounding the boy's death.

Anthony Soltero, who was an organizer of the March school walkouts to protest immigration legislation in Washington, D.C., died April 1.

Soltero committed suicide, according to a press release issued by R. Samuel Paz, a Culver City civil rights lawyer.

Soltero's family will hold the vigil in his honor at Our Lady of Guadalupe Church at noon, according to information from the family.

The church is at 710 S. Sultana Ave.

Soltero's MySpace account contains numerous rest in peace messages from friends.

Funeral services for Soltero are scheduled for Monday in Long Beach.

-- Jannise Johnson, (909) 483-9318
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

Is this true? How very awful!

This is a perfect reason NOT to get kids involved in politics if you ask me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Is this true? How very awful!

This is a perfect reason NOT to get kids involved in politics if you ask me.
    I get the "Daily Bulletin" from the Inland Valley every morning and this was one of their stories for today.
    And I agree with you 100%, parents should not allow children to participate in politics at such an early age.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

Nor should teachers be allowed to push their political beliefs off on kids.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)