Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Suspect charged with kidnapping missing 23-year-old Christina Morris who vanished in

Immigration status in second article.
    Suspect charged with kidnapping missing 23-year-old Christina Morris who vanished in Texas in August

• Enrique Arochi, 24, was apprehended Saturday and faces an aggravated kidnapping charge
    • The charge is in relation to disappearance of Christina Morris
    • DNA evidence was reportedly linked to a vehicle belonging to Arochi
    • Morris was last seen with him in a parking garage on August 30, which was picked up by security camera footage

By ZOE SZATHMARY FOR MAILONLINE
    14 December 2014

A Texas man has been arrested in the kidnapping of a 23-year-old woman, it emerged Saturday.
    Suspect Enrique Arochi, 24, was apprehended that day and faces an aggravated kidnapping charge, WFAA reported.
    The charge is in relation to the disappearance Christina Morris, according to the affiliate station.

+4

Where is she? Christina Morris, pictured, was last seen with Enrique Arochi in a parking garage on August 30

According to WFAA, DNA evidence had been linked to a vehicle belonging to Arochi - and it was towed on the day of his arrest.

David Tilley, a spokesman for the Plano Police Department, told the affiliate station 'The DNA evidence and the details that surround that... if we were able to release that, you would understand it more. Unfortunately, we're unable to release that.'
    Tilley also said 'We have nothing to show evidence one way or another whether [Christina Morris is] dead or alive at this point in time.'

Arochi's bail was set at $1million, the affiliate station reported.

He previously told WFAA 'I feel they are wasting their time on me when they can be looking at somebody else that is actually the suspect, or the person that actually did it.'

Morris was last seen with him in a parking garage on August 30, which was picked up by security camera footage, according to the media outlet.

Suspect: Enrique Arochi, pictured, has been charged with aggravated kidnapping

Christina Morris, who went missing in August, has still not been found by authorities

WFAA reported that last month Arochi had been charged with interfering with the investigation.

Referring to Arochi, Tilley told the affiliate station, 'A lot of deception on his part that we believe was intentional, that created problems with our investigation.'

CBS Dallas Fort Worth, citing a warrant, reported that bodily fluids, hair and DNA evidence were sought by authorities when examining Arochi's vehicle.

Morris' mother Jonni McElroy told Star Local Media 'I’m overwhelmed with excitement that our work, I believe, is eventually going to come to a closure and we'll get the answers that we need.

She continued 'In my heart I feel like we’re going to celebrate Christmas with her. ... We’re still going to worry, but ... I have a little bit of sparkle that’s shining through my heart right now.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2873563/Man-24-charged-aggravated-kidnapping-police-continue-search-missing-23-year-old-Christina-Morris.html

Missing Fort Worth Woman’s Mother Extends Search To Mexico

December 15, 2014 5:32 PMRelated Tags:

Bud Gillett

Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - The search for missing Fort Worth woman Christina Morris will soon go international. Her mother, Jonni McElroy, plans to erect a billboard in Mexico asking for information about Christina along a known human smuggling route.

Morris’ friends and family are retracing overgrown areas in Collin County, giving them a second look now that the seasons have changed. The arrest has given them new hope, though Christina’s mother is fearful she’s been abused.

“My daughter’s still alive,” insists Jonni McElroy. “Until you prove me different, my daughter’s still alive. I feel her with me every single day.”

Jonni McElroy says she was relieved to learn that the last person to see Christina is behind bars. She says Enrique Guiterrez Arochi has lied from the beginning until confronted with evidence, like being the last person seen with Christina in this surveillance video, something he initially denied.

“As a mother’s gut instinct and as a family we knew from Day-1 that he had an involvement with Christina’s disappearance,” McElroy told CBS 11 News adding, “DNA doesn’t prove wrong. She was in that (Arochi’s) car, he has the answers, and he has to tell us.”

McElroy is broadening the scope of her search. She’s planning to erect a billboard—in Spanish—in Mexico along a known human trafficking route. She says she’s had visions of her daughter’s life currently. “I see her locked up somewhere being hidden in a solitary area, definitely not being treated right. I feel her being drugged, abused unfortunately. But we can heal her from that. Or I unfortunately see the worse. Was she sold for drug trafficking, is she involved in that? We live in very sick world, unfortunately.”

Enrique Gutierrez Arochi is being held on a million dollar bond and an immigration detainer. He’s in a single cell in the county jail infirmary for his own protection. Neither he nor his attorney is commenting

The ground search continues daily over sometimes rough terrain.

“What we’ve found out a lot lately, these leaves are in holes and have covered up holes that are sometimes 2-3 foot deep,” according to search organizer Tracy Nix. He says it’s worthwhile giving a second look at areas already examined now that leaves have fallen and rains have come and gone. Items could have washed out of a hiding place. “Larger items that probably with all of the rain that just–have probably washed downstream farther. For example if you drop a back pack, try to get rid of a backpack or a purse up north, it’s farther south now.”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/12/15/missing-fort-worth-womans-mother-extends-search-to-mexico/

Previously.

Disturbing new details emerge about man last seen with Christina Morris

BY CLAIRE ST. AMANT

11.4.14 | 4:12 pm

Enrique Arochi was the last person seen with Christina Morris. Photo via Facebook

Christina Morris has been missing since Aug. 30. Courtesy photo

Arochi's new profile picture shows him kissing a puppy. Photo via Facebook

According to a newly released search warrant affidavit, the last man seen with Christina Morris lied to police, scrubbed his car clean and had visible injuries in the days after the young woman's mysterious disappearance.

Enrique Arochi, an Allen High School graduate like Morris, has not been charged with a crime or even officially named as a suspect in her disappearance. He has repeatedly said he is innocent.

Morris, 23, has been missing since August 30, 2014, when she left a party at the Shops at Legacy in Plano. Video surveillance captures Morris walking into darkened parking garage with Arochi around 4 am. It's the last time anyone has seen or heard from the young woman. Morris' father, mother and stepmother have been extremely active in the search for their daughter, handing out thousands of fliers, raising reward money, and speaking to local and national media outlets.

"The most likely way Morris could have left the parking garage undetected was in Arochi's vehicle," the affidavit reads.
    Searches by foot, horse, ATV, car and drone have all come up empty. But newly released court documents show police do have at least one lead in the case, and it's Arochi.

A search warrant affidavit for the young man's car lays out a number of disturbing details about Arochi's actions in the days following Morris' disappearance. For starters, police say he lied to them about where he parked his car and if he walked with Morris.

"Arochi insisted he did not enter the parking garage with Morris," the affidavit reads. Surveillance video contradicts this information and shows the pair walking closely together into the night.

"Arochi has made numerous false statements and omitted pertinent information to [police] during the course of the investigation into Morris' disappearance," the affidavit reads.

When police searched Arochi's 2010 Camaro, officers noted "the vehicle's interior appeared to be extremely clean and to have been recently vacuumed." There was also fresh damage to the Camaro's front fender. Arochi told police he punched the car with his fist, which explained the car's damage and why his hand was bruised. The affidavit additionally states that Arochi had bruising to his right forearm that he said came from "turning his tires around."

A detective who consulted with a collision center in Plano wrote that the damage to Arochi's car was "inconsistent" with the young man's explanation. Video surveillance from a Kroger gas station at 10 am on August 30 shows Arochi "inspecting" his passenger side door before wiping it down "with an unknown material." According to detectives, Arochi then walks to the trunk area of his car and scrubs it clean with a squeegee. The video was recorded six hours after Arochi and Morris were seen walking in the Shops at Legacy together.

"The most likely way Morris could have left the parking garage undetected was in Arochi's vehicle," the affidavit reads.

One of Arochi's coworkers told a detective that Arochi "looked like shit" when he arrived for work on August 30 and said he had gotten into a fight while at the Shops at Legacy the previous night. The coworker told police Arochi was walking with a limp and had a bite mark on his arm.

Arochi has always maintained his innocence. He told CBS 11 that he feared for his safety and that of his family. On Facebook, he recently changed his profile picture to an image of him kissing a puppy.

Plano Police say they've talked to Arochi a number of times, and they haven't ruled anyone out as a person of interest. Without evidence of a crime, however, Morris' case remains that of a missing person. "We don't have a suspect because we don't have a crime," public information officer David Tilley says.

Anyone with information on Christina's disappearance should call Crime Stoppers at 877-373-TIPS or the Plano Police Department at 972-424-5678.

http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/city-life/11-04-14-christina-morris-missing-enrique-arochi-plano-police/

Last edited by Newmexican; 12-18-2014 at 03:16 PM.