Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) Program

Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements

Understanding the SAVE Process as a
    Benefit Applicant
    M-1049 (revised 07/2011)

What is the SAVE Program?
    If you are a noncitizen, a naturalized citizen, or a derived citizen, a benefit-granting agency may check your immigration status using the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) Program before granting you a public benefit, such as a Social Security card, housing assistance, Medicaid, food stamps, or state-issued driver’s license. SAVE provides authorized public agencies with your immigration status. Agencies use your status and other information to determine if you are eligible for the public benefits they issue. It is the responsibility of the agency to follow the SAVE verification process and any other requirements to determine your eligibility for the benefit. The agency, not SAVE, decides whether to grant you the benefit. The SAVE Program can verify: • Non-Immigrant Status • Immigrant Status • U.S. Citizenship of Naturalized and Derived Citizens

The Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) Program

Remember to... • make sure your immigration records are correct. • present your most recently - issued immigration documents. • present an immigration document that can be used for SAVE verification. By following these guidelines, you will help SAVE and the benefit-granting agency verify your status in a timely manner. If your status is not verified immediately, the agency may ask you to return at another time while SAVE continues to work on verifying your status. If this happens, it does not mean that your status is unlawful or that you have been denied the benefit or license that the agency issues. This only means that SAVE needs additional time to check your records. For more information about the SAVE verification process, speak with a representative from the benefit-granting agency or visit the SAVE website at USCIS - SAVE, and go to "Information for Noncitizens Applying for a Public Benefit." www.uscis.gov/SAVE

To begin the process to update or correct your immigration records, visit
    http://infopass.uscis.gov

or call The National Customer Service Center

1-800-375-5283

What do you have to do when
    applying for public benefits or
    licenses?
    • Make sure your records are correct before applying. If you have recently changed your name or other personal information, or if the information on your immigration document is not correct, you may need to correct your immigration records. To begin this process, make an appointment to visit your local USCIS immigration office at http://infopass. uscis.gov or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 for more information.
    • Show your most recently-issued immigration document. Make sure you are presenting the most recently-issued immigration document you have when you apply for the benefit. This will help the agency to efficiently verify your immigration status with SAVE. For example, if you have received a new Employment Authorization Card, be sure to present that one rather than an old one that may have expired.
    • Show an immigration document that can be used for SAVE verification. verification. The most common immigration documents used to request verification are: • Certificate of Citizenship • DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status) • I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status) • I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record) • I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record) in an Unexpired Foreign Passport • I-327 (Reentry Permit) • I-551 (Permanent Resident Card) • I-571 (Refugee Travel Document) • I-766 (Employment Authorization Document) • I-797A (Notice of Action) with Alien Number or I-94 (Arrival/ Departure Record) • Machine Readable Immigrant Visa (with Temporary I-551 Language) • Naturalization Certificate • Temporary I-551 Stamp (on passport or I-94) • Unexpired Foreign Passport

This list does not include all acceptable immigration documents. If you have a document that is not on this list, present it to the benefit-granting agency.

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Verificat...06_English.pdf
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Do you have questions about the SAVE program?
    Are you a benefit applicant seeking more information on your status verification query? Are you a representative of a registered SAVE user agency or a student advisor seeking to answer questions posed by benefit applicants? SAVE has developed a set of plain language materials for benefit applicants. A
    brochure explaining the immigration status verification process is available in 18 languages on the SAVE website, www.uscis.gov/save under “Publications.” This brochure will also be distributed by registered SAVE agencies to benefit applicants whose immigration status is not confirmed in SAVE’s initial verification step. A postcard is also available, detailing the most common reasons benefit applicants are not verified during the initial verification step and offers tips.

For more information please visit the SAVE website at www.uscis.gov/save
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn