Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo boosts Graf campaign

Don't find this when I did a search so I hope I'm not duplicating news.

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/border/142152

Published: 08.15.2006

Tancredo boosts Graf campaign
    Backs Republican candidate's stance on border security
    By Daniel Scarpinato
    ARIZONA DAILY STAR
    Congressional candidate Randy Graf stood on a town square gazebo Monday to rally about 100 of his supporters and preach about the effects of illegal immigration.
    Then the clouds rolled in, the thunder crashed and the rain started pouring down, forcing the crowd inside.
    Perhaps it was a proper welcome for Congressman Tom Tancredo, who swept in several minutes later. The Colorado Republican is used to igniting storms — it's just that they're usually in Washington, D.C.
    Tancredo has placed himself at front-and-center in the conten- tious debate over U.S.-Mexico border policies. He has criticized the Bush administration for being too liberal on that and other issues.
    It's common this election year for Democrats to say how, if elected, they'll stand up to Karl Rove, one of the president's top advisers. Well, Tancredo has actually done it, earning him a permanent ban from the White House.
    Tancredo's drop-in at the East Side Trail Dust Town was an opportunity for him to reiterate his support for Graf, a Republican candidate in the Congressional District 8 race to replace retiring Rep. Jim Kolbe. Graf opposes a guest-worker plan or path to citizenship for those in the country illegally and wants to increase border security.
    Tancredo also accompanied Graf to a radio show later in the day and helped the campaign make some money at an evening fund-raiser in the Foothills.
    A self-described "curmudgeon," Tancredo wasn't mild in his criticism of President Bush.
    "Remember for three and a half years, at least, the president has been saying ... 'We can't have border security unless we have a guest-worker-slash-amnesty program,' " he said, as the audience booed the presidential position.
    Then Tancredo said the president told the country recently in his radio address that the border is being secured thanks to the help of National Guard troops.
    "Well, hey, great news. Because if he's right it goes to show you we don't need a guest-worker-slash- amnesty plan in order to control the border, do we? But what's the deal Mr. President, we either are or we aren't controlling the border?"
    "Of course, they're doing what, frankly, Boy Scouts could be doing," Tancredo said of the National Guard, praising the work of the Minuteman Project.
    To this crowd, immigration is the defining issue of the 2006 politician season. Graf is running against four other Republicans in the Sept. 12 primary — Frank Antenori, Mike Hellon, Steve Huffman and Mike Jenkins.
    Tancredo told the crowd to watch out for candidates who say they want border security.
    "Everybody is on it now," he said. "That's why I am so happy to be here today to be speaking in favor of a guy who was there from the beginning."
    Graf put it differently.
    "Ask (the other) candidates specifically what they would do to secure the border," he said. "And don't let them talk about the impact to the economy because we need the cheap labor. There ain't nothing cheap about it."
    The event ended with Tancredo leading a chorus of "God Bless America."
    "It is by divine intervention that we are here," Tancredo said, referring to the founding of the country. "It's OK to ask Him again to keep His hands around us."
    Addressing illegal immigration is so consequential to Tancredo, he has discussed running for president in 2008 to give the issue some political wheels. So, will he run?
    "I will certainly do it if I can't find anyone to take up this banner with both their lips and their heart," he said in an interview after his speech, in the backstage dressing room of the Savoy Opera House. "I'm trying to find the tall guys with good hair."
    He also wants to stop Arizona Sen. John McCain, "one of the most dangerous folks" who might run, Tancredo said. "He's an open borders, amnesty guy," he said.
    But can Tancredo — an outspoken, controversial figure — really win?
    "Well, I think stranger things have happened in politics," he said. "I just can't think of any right now."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think congressman Tom Tancredo is a stand up man, now it's time for him to admit there is not another out there like him that could have a fair run at the 2008 presidential election. It is time to start on the campaign trail, hit it hard and hit it running to gather the momentum he needs to run right on into the White House and into the hearts of American patriots all over these United States. he needs to quit talking about finding that candidate out there that he can stand behind, and think about standing in front as the kind of leader we so badly need right now. He needs a good strong running mate like Jeff Sessions to stand beside him. I can't think of a better winning team out there!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I hope Tom Tancredo runs as well. He is definately a patriot I would vote for in 2008! :P :P
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree! I would donate to him like I've never donated before plus help with his campaign, whatever he needed I'd do what I could.

Tancredo and Sessions would be a dream come true.!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This makes me laugh!!!!! George couldn't take the critisim.

Well, Tancredo has actually done it, earning him a permanent ban from the White House.
    What an honor to be bestowed upon an American Patriot.

What would Washington have said if Benedict Arnold had banned him from his home?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tancredo and Sessions would be a dream come true.!
    I'd vote for them!

Tancredo told the crowd to watch out for candidates who say they want border security.

"Everybody is on it now," he said. "That's why I am so happy to be here today to be speaking in favor of a guy who was there from the beginning."

Graf put it differently.

"Ask (the other) candidates specifically what they would do to secure the border," he said. "And don't let them talk about the impact to the economy because we need the cheap labor. There ain't nothing cheap about it."
    "I'm trying to find the tall guys with good hair."
    That's alright Tom we are more than tired of the "look good" do nothing except line thier pockets politicians! Beside there is nothing wrong with your hair.

He also wants to stop Arizona Sen. John McCain, "one of the most dangerous folks" who might run, Tancredo said.
    Glad to hear him say this!

This makes me laugh!!!!! George couldn't take the critisim. What an honor to be bestowed upon an American Patriot.
    Dixie you make me laugh!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee