Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo Welcomes Bilbray to the Immigration Reform Caucus

Press Releases :: June 7, 2006

Will Adams, 202.226.6997

Tancredo Welcomes Bilbray to the Immigration Reform Caucus

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO), Chairman of the House Immigration Reform Caucus, welcomed Representative-Elect Brian Bilbray (R-CA) to the IRC as its 98th member. Bilbray won a special election yesterday in California’s 50th district, spanning San Diego’s northern suburbs.

“Brian has long been a strong advocate of secure borders and tough enforcement of immigration laws. As a former Member and a spokesperson for a non-profit reform group, Brian has worked with me on immigration and I know he’ll be a tremendous asset to my party as we try to block the Senate’s amnesty pact,” said Tancredo.

Bilbray ran primarily on border security. During the campaign, he promised to fight against amnesty for illegal aliens while adding personnel and infrastructure to the border. His opponent endorsed the McCain-Kennedy bill which gives blanket amnesty to illegal aliens, includes only token border security, and has a guest worker plan that ratchets up over several years.

“San Diegans sent a message loud and clear to beltway backers of amnesty: you don’t represent us. Brian had to weather a perfect storm—a sour national mood towards Republicans, and a district that is the perfect testing ground for the Democrats so-called ‘culture of corruption’ message. But a tough stand on immigration carried the day,” said Tancredo.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke