Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ted Cruz Speaks About Controlling Illegal Immigration

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ted Cruz Speaks About Controlling Illegal Immigration

Ted Cruz Speaks About Controlling Illegal Immigration

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 9:36 PM

Updated: Aug 29, 2012 7:44 AM

TAMPA, Fla. - Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Ted Cruz on Tuesday spoke about his ideas to secure the country's southern border.

Cruz was one of the speakers on Tuesday during the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla. The candidate told CHANNEL 5 NEWS he would do everything humanly possible to secure the borders.

"What has been missing on immigration, I think, is leadership. I think both parties have demagogued on this issue, rather than getting serious about fixing the problem," Cruz said.

He and many prominent Republicans believe the Obama administration has failed to protect our southern border along the Rio Grande.

"I view it as a law enforcement matter and a national security matter," he said. "At the same time, we need to remain a nation that doesn't just welcome, that celebrates legal immigrants who follow the rules and come here seeking the American dream."

He said 80 percent of Americans want that type of approach.
    "That's what's been missing ... the leadership to get it done," he said.
    Cruz said more resources are needed along the border to control illegal immigration.

"We need fences ... we need walls ... we need technology like helicopters and drones with infrared (technology)," he said. "Most critically, we need boots on the ground. I intend to lead the effort to triple the U.S. Border Patrol, so that we can finally get the job done and secure the borders."

CHANNEL 5 NEWS told Cruz about what's happening in the ranches surrounding the U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint in Brooks County.

Border Patrol officials said more than 70 illegal immigrants have died while crossing through the treacherous ranchland. County officials said dealing with the deaths is bankrupting the local government.

"It is tragic, and the federal government is failing in its constitutional responsibility," Cruz said.

"The federal government, under the Constitution, has a responsibility to secure the borders, and it is putting an unfair burden on the border counties that are bearing the brunt of the government failing to do its job," he said.

Ted Cruz Speaks About Controlling Illegal Immigration | KRGV.com | CHANNEL 5 NEWS | Breaking News Breaking Stories
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes, everyone in America agrees the borders should be secured. But the question everyone wants to know from Ted Cruz and other candidates is does he favor the adequate enforcement of our existing immigration laws that would eventually push millions of illegal aliens out of America, or does he support some form of Amnesty that would allow illegals to stay thus eventually destroying our chances of ever securing our borders?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Yes, everyone in America agrees the borders should be secured. But the question everyone wants to know from Ted Cruz and other candidates is does he favor the adequate enforcement of our existing immigration laws that would eventually push millions of illegal aliens out of America, or does he support some form of Amnesty that would allow illegals to stay thus eventually destroying our chances of ever securing our borders?

W
    After watching what the Hispanic Legislators have been doing here in California I have complete dislike and distrust for any Hispanic holding any office. I watched Cruz on Fox last night after his speach. I set back with my radar on waiting for him to start pandering for illegal immigrants. He didn't. He told of his father coming from Cuba to Texas. He said there are more hispanics that want to secure the border and stop illegal immigration.

You can watch him on Greta last night at:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/181160206...ey-and-latinos
    Last edited by MontereySherry; 08-29-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: added video of Ted Cruz on Greta