Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

So let me get this straight. The businesses prefer to have illegals to work instead of American citizens because?
    Most migrant farmworkers earn annual incomes below the poverty level and few receive benefits such as Social Security or worker's compensation. The transient nature of their work often prevents them from establishing any local residency, excluding them from benefits such as Medicaid and foot stamps. The majority of migrant farmworkers are either U.S. citizens or legal residents of the United States. Some foreign workers enter the United States under guest-worker programs when there are not enough available workers to satisfy the demand.

Farm work is considered to be second only to mining in the rating of most hazardous occupations. There is a high exposure to pesticides through topical exposure, inhalation, and ingestion, resulting in the highest rate of toxic chemical injuries of any group in the United States. Farm injuries, exposure to heat and sun, and poor sanitation in the fields are other factors that contribute to the dangers of this work. Every year nearly three hundred children die and twenty-four thousand are injured in farm work.

Housing regulations attempt to provide decent living conditions for migrant workers, but housing is often overcrowded, poorly maintained, and lacking in ventilation, bathing facilities, and safe drinking water. These conditions contribute to an increased risk of accidents, sanitation-related diseases, and infectious diseases. Several studies have shown a 40 percent positivity rate in tuberculosis testing of migrant populations. One migrant farmworker group was found to have a 5 percent incidence of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Another study showed that 78 percent had parasitic infections.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/migrant-wo ... z1AI64vy1G
    Let them take their business to Mexico and see how it works out for them. We already get many of our produce from Mexico and South America. Let them go down there with the cartels and violence.

http://www.answers.com/topic/migrant-worker
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Warn that fruit and vegetable producers could leave the country if work force blocked
    Let them move or go out of business! They won't find the workers wherever they move to anyway, there's no welfare and freebies there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I just sent them an email also magyart. Was very easy to do and took little time.

Hope more alipacers will do so also.

Thanks for the link.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Maybe they are already getting a bunch of them because it will not accept my letter.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Maybe they are already getting a bunch of them because it will not accept my letter.

I linked to this page:
    http://www.valleyag.org/about_us.html

and successfully sent another email. Pls try again. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12