Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Texas Lawmakers Respond to Immigration Boycott

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_sto ... 75354.html

May 2, 2006 4:52 pm US/Central

Texas Lawmakers Respond to Immigration Boycott

Deborah Takahara
    Reporting

(CBS 11 News) DALLAS The full impact of Monday’s immigration boycott and demonstration won't be known for some time.

The question is what impact did boycotters have on lawmakers? CBS 11 News polled the Texas delegation Tuesday.

We've heard back from several local congressional leaders. Politicians have different views of the demonstrations and the impact, but boycott organizers feel their message was heard loud and clear.

Organizers call Monday's "Day of Action" a huge success. “What’s happened is after the marches and demonstrations started across America, now instead of a having monologue, we now have a dialogue,” said Domingo Garcia, Hispanic Advocate.

In fact, organizers say Senator John Cornyn, chairman of the Immigration and Border Security Subcommittee, has agreed to meet with them.

“There's a middle ground that we want Mr. Cornyn to consider and we want him to be flexible on the immigration issue," Garcia said.

In a satellite interview provided by Senator Cornyn, he said the protestor's message wasn't clear.

"I'm a little unclear exactly what the message is supposed to be. And I worry a little bit that there will be increased polarization of the American people on this issue."

Political Analyst John Weekley says politicians listen to voters, not usually protestors.

"Generally demonstrations don't have much effect on lawmakers. The things that affect them most are, are their own voters, their own constituents contacting them with letters, telephone calls and talking in various places."

Some of the reaction from congress is as follows –

Representative Joe Barton said “The rallies made me more committed to gaining control of our borders."

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison said she supports the right to protest, "But for people to walk out of school, to walk out of their jobs, is just not persuasive to me."

Congressman Pete Sessions said, "We must improve our ability to enforce laws already on the books before we consider enacting any new immigration programs."

Hispanic leaders say they're just proud to have brought this issue to the forefront.

"That there is debate about immigration and dialogue about it is the best victory. Everybody is paying attention to it," Garcia said.

Dallas Hispanic leaders say their next project is a rally in Washington, D.C. They are hoping to get more than one million people to demonstrate at the Lincoln Memorial later this month. Organizers are still working out details for the rally.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good Grief, now they're going to "washington".

Well, sure why not.

Maybe that'll free up some jobs back home for some reliable American Citizens!

Mark your calendars, folks, and get those resumes and job applications updated!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Here they go again with their copycat demonstrations. The Lincoln Memorial march has already been done 40 years ago.

I guess their keynote speaker will "Have A Dream" that all illegal immigrants will be allowed to sponge off the United States forever.

I hope they keep protesting. It only shoots themselves in the foot everytime. Americans don't like to see this massive crowd waving flags from their native countries.

Rock on, Chicanos.

Domingo Garcia

Domingo Garcia is a local Dallas Hispanic race pimp racist just like Jesse Jackson is a national Black race pimp racist.

I heard one the their leaders say they were going to march, again, and again, and again until they get full amnesty.

I also heard one of them say they had something planned for May 19th.

I just have one question... how can their employers afford to let them off work so often?

What burns me is who is going to pay for this march in Washington? Also if they can bus them there, they can bus them back to where they came from.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Maybe they can compare themselves to the Holocaust too. They may actually be able to insult every ethnicity in America.

Now why is it again that they don't protest in Mexico City? Maybe because nobody has paved the way for these brave guardians of freedom and equal rights.

They pretty much have sherbug
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen
    I heard one the their leaders say they were going to march, again, and again, and again until they get full amnesty.

I also heard one of them say they had something planned for May 19th.

I just have one question... how can their employers afford to let them off work so often?
    these protests are costing these employers a lot of money!

and they are also going to protest on the 4th of July! Javier Rodriquez also compares them to the American Patriots. Why is it that they are trying to tie themselves to every movement of this country?

the colonies were BRITISH colonies -- the Patriots stood against their king
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Let 'em keep protesting. Ain't changing my mind regarding how I feel about the issue. Just confirms as to why I am against illegal immigration and the URGENT NEED to secure our Borders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast