Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Texas official: Illegal immigration and terrorism linked

http://blogs.chron.com/texaspolitics/ar ... icial.html

Texas official: Illegal immigration and terrorism linked
    June 2, 2006

Gov. Rick Perry's homeland security director told reporters this morning that there is a "tsunami" of illegal immigration coming across the Texas border and many have to be suspected of al-Qaida ties.

"If you think of it as an army of jihadists coming into the country to do corporate style al-Qaida attacks, simultaneous attacks, everyone counts," said Texas Homeland Security Director Steve McCraw

McCraw said he does not like to view the issue as illegal immigration.

"I don't call it illegal immigration so much as human smuggling," he said. "In a post-9/11 environment, I have no problem using that tsunami word, even though some people might say that's overstating the issue.

McCraw said 133,045 people other than Mexican nationals were arrested in Texas last year entering the country illegally.

"Individuals that came from Afghanistan, Yemen, Iraq, Iran, Indonesia, Pakistan. We know we have an al-Qaida front. Those are the ones we caught. What about the ones we didn't catch?" McCraw said.

When pressed on the issue, McCraw admitted not all of these people were suspected terrorists.

"Not al-Qaida ties. Al-Qaida countries. I'm not going to take the links or associations of individuals back to terrorist groups or organizations in terms of those individuals were terrorist," he said.

"Some of these people may not be coming here for economic reasons, but they maybe. It doesn't mean they're terrorists just because they come from these countries. But there is a higher probability that they are or they are linked in some way shape or fashion. Some people might say that's country profiling. Well, get over it," McCraw said.

"Keep in minds that links sometimes might be second, third degree relationships to criminal organizations. Maybe it's a Pakistani group that focuses on moving people across," he said.

McCraw said he only knew of one individual in the 133,000 who might have a link to a terrorist organization, but he declined to discuss the details.

"We can't afford that open pathway into our country," he said.

OTMs are part of the problem too! Besides, what is the difference between a terrorist and a criminal, drug smuggler, rapist or gang member? Not Much in My Book.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That anyone who crosses the border illegally and remains in this country illegally is anything but a terrorist is fuzzy wishful thinking.

I've asked for months now...if these people aren't terrorists...who is???

MJ

That anyone who crosses the border illegally and remains in this country illegally is anything but a terrorist is fuzzy wishful thinking.
    I agree.

I think our present system is like having an honor system for terrorists. We need to erect signs at the border saying "if you are a terrorist please check in here, because we do not have the resources or will to check you otherwise...thanks and have a good day at the border".

Let's see if I have this right....According to the President's recent prime-time speech...our border security is URGENT! Now.

BTT
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

To the woman who was brutally assaulted, beaten, sexually assaulted and murdered recently in New Orleans, the illegal alien (news reports confirm he is an illegal alien),WAS AND IS A TERRORIST!

To the young girl, ten years old, who was sexually abused and impregnated by a family member, this man WAS AND IS A TERRORIST!

To CuriousPat, the scum-bag gangbangers that threatened her life and burned down her home .. they WERE AND ARE TERRORISTS.

CuriousPat, did you feel TERRIFIED? Of course you did!

To all the women and children sexually abused and assaulted by illegal aliens, the perps WERE AND ARE TERRORISTS!

To all the American citizens whose lives have been cut short at the hands of drunk-driving (often non-licensed and most always uninsured! ), these motor vehicle murderers WERE AND ARE TERRORISTS!

To all the patriotic American high school students who are threatened and harrassed by their "Chicano" classmates, these students are practicing a form of TERRORISM/intimidation to attempt to quiet the patriotic teens.

Terrorists don't always blow up things. Yet many terrorists cross our borders daily and begin their individual reigns of terror ruining many lives.

IT'S GOT TO STOP NOW!

Well spoken, MHB....

And terrorists is what we need to start calling them...and...
    Invaders, not illegal aliens....

We might get somewhere faster if we used the correct terminology.

MJ

MopheadBlue,

THANK YOU FOR GETTING IT! You betcha.
    I was terrified, shook every time I came home from helping people! To be a target for 1 1/2 years does something to you, no matter how strong a person you are.

For any newbies, PM me if you want my story. The others know it.

TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Quote Originally Posted by curiouspat
    MopheadBlue,

THANK YOU FOR GETTING IT! You betcha.
    I was terrified, shook every time I came home from helping people! To be a target for 1 1/2 years does something to you, no matter how strong a person you are.

For any newbies, PM me if you want my story. The others know it.

CuriousPat,

What thread is your story in? Why were you targeted? I get all shook up like Elvis each time I think of your story.

My story

Mopheadblue,

OK, had to search to find it.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-25749-.html

This happened after Hurricane Andrew in 1992, after the gov't built public housing , less than a mile away and moved people from the worst hit areas in. I'm sure that most were good people. It only takes a few.

The reason I was targeted was that I came to their attention (2 of the older members ~17 yrs old) when they were trying to tear down a street sign. I heard this noise, and saw these 2 really working at the sign. We had been having street signs torn down in our neighborhood, and since it was a private street, we had to pay to replace them.

So I very nicely (I'm a very nice person), with a smile even, said, " Hi there, PLEASE don't tear down the signs. What if your mother was sick and needed Fire Rescue to find your home?" They growled, "None of your -business, you. .Anglo bitch!". I'll never forget my shock. They left the sign in place.

The next morning when I got home from work, my TV/VCR was gone. I reported it to the police, and when I described what had happened the day before, they right away, called the gang unit.

Remember that everyone there knew I was an ER RN on night shift. If my car was home, I was. If not, I was gone. And I lived by myself.

The next morning, my microwave and 3 phones were gone. The next day, jewelry. Then they'd skip a few days, and hit again. The gang unit tried but there weren't enough of them for all the activity. Plus the geographical layout, one of those townhouse complexes with very curvy streets and those tall wooden fences that you can't see into, in back, gave the gang the ability to slip away. They also evidently would be in & out within a couple of minutes, but while taking something, would be seeing what they were going to take the next time. Very professional. This went on for 1 1/2 yrs, off and on.

I was a sitting duck.

I think you've seen the rest of my story. The only reason I put it here, was that before I came to this site, I was so angered by the constant barrage of 'good people just wanting to do the jobs that Americans won't do.'

I'm so blessed to be alive, after the kid broke in with the gun to kill me.
    TIME'S UP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast