Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Time to Crackdown on Sanctuary Cities

Time to Crackdown on Sanctuary Cities

by Ginny Brown-Waite
    http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=22529
    Posted: 09/24/2007 Print This

No doubt, you have noticed the growing, disturbing trend of cities and localities instructing law enforcement officers to ignore individuals’ immigration status in the course of their duties. This practice negates our immigration laws when our local leaders refuse to assist in managing the growing lawbreaking population in our great nation. When cities proclaim that they will not check immigration status, they essentially become a safe haven for not only out-of-status immigrants, but also criminal aliens who have often committed violent atrocities in our country.

The thwarted terrorist plots at John F. Kennedy airport, in Germany and in South Carolina are some of the latest examples of the continued desire of anti-American forces to inflict harm on the United States and its allies. While we are engaged in a global fight for freedom, why would any American city enact policies that give unknown illegal immigrants sanctuary from detection, arrest or prosecution? Instead of working side-by-side with federal authorities, state officials are putting their citizens at risk by erecting barriers to cooperation and enforcement.

In fact, earlier this month I asked Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff if he believed the Department had the authority to deny Homeland Security funds to cities or municipalities that took steps to provide sanctuary to illegal immigrants. His response was, “I don't know that I have the authority to cut off all Homeland Security funds if I disagree with the city’s policy on immigration.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Congress should pass their anti-sanctuary legislation instead of sitting on it.

Immediately! We are at War! Doesn't anyone in Congress understand this FACT!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I posted this earlier today at another thread, but it fits better here, so I’m re-posting it here. I hope that’s okay with everyone?
    ---------------------------

When is ICE coming to Chicago?

We have a far bigger problem. Also, with Chicago being a sanctuary city, this is where they will run to when places like Memphis has raids. Cut off the safe havens first, then when they run, they will have no choice but south to the border.

Unless ICE is trying to herd them into one or two locations. Or worst yet, what if ICE is trying to make sanctuary cities pay for being sanctuaries. Which I guess is okay, but a whole lot of real citizens are going to get hurt in the process. But I do see were the Chicago and Cook County governments are in need of a good butt kicking.

With so little actively in such a big pocket of illegals, it almost seems like ICE is conceding Chicago as LA number two? Heck Mexico has already labeled Chicago to be Mexico City’s “sister cityâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Los Angeles is a sanctuary city.
    Los Angeles has a hugh water shortage. Everyone is told to use less water each day or the supply will run out.
    People keep moving to Los Angeles.
    How many more people can Los Angeles provide water for??????
    Just a thought.

Hi there USA_Born. Welcome aboard.

Yes, indeed - that is one of the basic aspects of this entire debate that gets overlooked casually all too often. Quality of life? Quality, Schmality.... does it even matter?

Yes! And to the water shortage problem, you can add: air pollution (and resulting health problems), traffic congestion/commute times, the development of hinterland (outskirts of large city's) farmland, development in marginal areas, etc. - NONE of those problems is ameliorated by the adding of people to our population. And, then, we could discuss the affects on/about the economy, but I'll save that for another day.

Thanks for the info. I have already started my email campaign. I used part of this post and built on it, then emailed my Congressmen.

Here it is, anyone feel free to use any of it to email your House Rep.
    -----------------

Rep Rahm Emanuel,

Please support Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite’s Bill H.R. 3531, the Accountability in Enforcing Immigration Laws Act of 2007, by voting in favor of it.

This bill clarifies that state and local law enforcement officials have the authority to investigate, apprehend, and arrest any illegal immigrant apprehended in the course of routine duties. Those law enforcement agencies that help the federal government enforce immigration laws would receive additional federal funding to help with the costs of detention. Sanctuary cities, (like Chicago and Cook County, which also includes our Congressional District) on the other hand, would have 25 percent of non-emergency federal Homeland Security funding revoked if they refuse to change their policies within 6 months. This bill also gives the Homeland Security Secretary the authority to withhold up to 50 percent of federal funds.

I know you want to protect the CITIZENS of Chicago and Cook County by supporting this Bill H.R. 3531. Your support will show the citizens in your district, and surrounding districts that you are truly a loyal Representative of the citizens, and truly care about preserving the rule of law. For we all know that anarchy will prevail without the rule of law being enforced.

Help the local law enforcement fulfill their duties to public at keeping the citizens safe. Also, give local law enforcement a tool at which they themselves can stop breaking the law by not enforcing the laws, which sanctuaries impose on them.

They took an oath, as you did, to uphold the law and protect the citizens, help them as well as yourself to that. Help preserve our City, Help preserve County, Help preserve Nation, Support us by voting FOR Bill H.R. 3531 when it comes before the House. Show the Citizens of your District that you real care about them, the rule of law, and that you are against anarchy.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Yes it is time to cut funding to sanctuary cities and the time is NOW!! We also need to give more authority to local authorities, we can not manage this problem with out them and chertoff can not manage the 287g program!

---------------------- RED ALERT NOW"-----------------------
    ALL HANDS ON DECK STOP THE..

DREAM ACT" "NOW"
    NEW POSTING TREAD FOR RED ALERT (TUESDAY9/18 )
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=83407
    CONTACT INFORMATION FOR SENATORS , NEWS, RADIO, ECT.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 761#384761
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)