Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

'Trouble at the border? I had no idea!

'Trouble at the border? I had no idea!'

Posted By Bobby Eberle On May 23, 2008 at 6:03 am

In another case of politicians not having a clue what's really going on in this country, an interesting exchange took place in Washington this week. Three Democrat legislators spoke to reporters about what they claim is "anti-immigrant coverage" by conservative media outlets. Apparently, they think floods of illegal aliens crossing into America and the crime and violence at the border are just overblown incidents developed by conservatives to attack our neighbor to the South.

After they spoke, the Democrats were asked if they realized that the State Department had issued a "travel alert warning Americans about military-like 'combat' along the southern U.S. border in Mexico, where Americans are being kidnapped and murdered." None of the legislators knew about it.

As reported by Cybercast News Service, when asked about the alert, Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) said, "I haven't heard about the report specifically."

Reps. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) and Hilda Solis (D-CA) also spoke to Cybercast News Service and said "they had no knowledge of the travel alert but were aware of the volatility along the U.S. southern border."

Volatility? Americans are being killed and yet all these liberals want to do is pander! The State Department alert states that "violent criminal activity fueled by a war between criminal organizations struggling for control of the lucrative narcotics trade continues along the U.S.-Mexico border." Although the alert states that the attacks are primarily aimed at "members of drug trafficking organizations, Mexican police forces, criminal justice officials, and journalists," the alert goes on to state that "foreign visitors and residents, including Americans, have been among the victims of homicides and kidnappings in the border region."

Armed robberies and carjackings, apparently unconnected to the narcotics-related violence, have increased in Tijuana and Ciudad Juarez. Dozens of U.S. citizens were kidnapped and/or murdered in Tijuana in 2007. Public shootouts have occurred during daylight hours near shopping areas.

Criminals are armed with a wide array of sophisticated weapons. In some cases, assailants have worn full or partial police or military uniforms and have used vehicles that resemble police vehicles.

Side note: In the California area where Rep. Duncan Hunter had a border fence built, crime and drug activity went DOWN!

In the Cybercast News Service interview, Rep. Solis expressed her concern about "the murder of women" but added, "I'm more concerned about people having their civil rights violated here." More concerned about the civil rights of law-breaking illegal aliens than Americans being the targets of violence and murder? Just exactly what country do you represent?

According to Cybercast News Service, "Speakers at the briefing said that CNN and Fox News Channel should be held accountable for television personalities who have 'played major roles in creating this anti-immigrant hysteria.'" Let's send that message to the Americans who are victims of border violence... I'm sure they'll find comfort in it.

http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/wp-print.php?p=717

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

In the Cybercast News Service interview, Rep. Solis expressed her concern about "the murder of women" but added, "I'm more concerned about people having their civil rights violated here." More concerned about the civil rights of law-breaking illegal aliens than Americans being the targets of violence and murder? Just exactly what country do you represent?

Whose civil rights is she concerned about? Certainly not Americans in general, definitely not the civil rights of any other race except for latinos.

What is her response going to be when this "military like combat" breaks out within our borders?

Does she think it can't happen? Well, then perhaps she should stop to think about how many members of the cartels and those working for them are actually present in the United States. Is she that stupid to believe that this little war of theirs is going to stay confined to Mexico? So far, the problems have stayed concentrated close to the border.....does she think it's going to stay there?

I'm just really waiting to see what the response is going to be from all of these people when the full scale fighting, the assaults on our police stations, etc. starts in our streets, our neighborhoods, breaks out far, far from where it is going on now.

Or are they just going to call more press conferences to discuss "anti-immigrant coverage"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

She hasn't a Clue . Another Liberal Bot talking head . Who Elected her ?
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

And this Congress gave Mexico a $1.6 billion anti-drug package rather than use the money for fencing and securing our border?

If no clue, why did Mexico get this money?
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    And this Congress gave Mexico a $1.6 billion anti-drug package rather than use the money for fencing and securing our border?

I personally would say the money is the pay-off .Right from our treasury to finalize the Americas . Money must be paid or the mod ain't happy .
    I trust Nothing this government does , Nothing
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

I'm disgusted that they take no interest in our COUNTRY'S SECURITY AND IT'S LEGAL CITIZENS!

PANDERING TO FOREIGN ILLEGAL NATIONALS AT THE EXPENSE OF OUR NATIONS SECURITY AND IT'S CITIZENS!

THESE SO CALLED REPRESENTATIVES OF OUR GREAT NATION SHOULD BE FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica

They haven't given Mexico the money yet. In fact, I believe someone is calling for a Congressional Hearing on the whole mess.

www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6028 - 18k -

Sponsor: Rep. Howard Berman [D-CA]show cosponsors (3)
    Cosponsors [as of 2008-05-15]
    Rep. Henry Cuellar [D-TX]
    Rep. Eliot Engel [D-NY]
    Rep. Silvestre Reyes [D-TX]
    Cosponsorship information sometimes is out of date. Why?
    Bill Text: Full Text

Scheduled for Debate May 14, 2008
    Voted on in House -
    Voted on in Senate -
    Signed by President -

This bill was considered in committee which has recommended it be considered by the House as a whole. Although it has been placed on a calendar of business, the order in which bills are considered and voted on is determined by the majority party leadership. Keep in mind that sometimes the text of one bill is incorporated into another bill, and in those cases the original bill, as it would appear here, would seem to be abandoned. [Last Updated: May 14, 2008]
    Last Action: May 14, 2008: House Foreign Affairs: Ordered to be Reported (Amended) by Voice Vote.
    Show All Related Votes

Committee Assignments
    This bill is in the first stage of the legislative process where the bill is considered in committee and may undergo significant changes in markup sessions. The bill has been referred to the following committees:

House Foreign Affairs
    House Judiciary
    Related Legislation
    Subject Terms

This bill is related to other bills in these subject areas:
    House Foreign Affairs Committee
    House Judiciary Committee

MW
    Sen. Menendez (D-NJ), Rep. Gutierrez ((D-IL), and Rep. Solis (D-CA) know exactly what is going on. However, like the majority of Democrats in the U.S. Congress, they choose to play dumb when it comes to issues that will hurt their cause. Yes, I'm calling them liars.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Kidnappings - almost one a day in Phoenix, 2 or 3 a week in San Diego.

WAKE UP, CongressCritters!!

Phoenix had more than 340 such kidnappings reported last year, but police said the real number is much higher because many cases go unreported.

The San Diego area has also seen a rise in kidnappings over the past year, with two or three reported during busy weeks, and some victims were mixed up in drug smuggling. But the hostage-taking appears to be most prevalent in Phoenix, the nation's biggest base of operations for immigrant smugglers.

Kidnappings are common in Mexico, and the victims often include criminals as well as legitimate businessmen, such as bankers. Phoenix police said they believe the kidnappers here are not going after legitimate businessmen for fear their families will go to the police.

The kidnappings first came to light in Phoenix three years ago but are rising as overall violence associated with immigrant smuggling intensifies in Arizona.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22614102/

"I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!"
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast