Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

TX-City Says Border Wall Increasing Crime

City Says Border Wall Increasing Crime
    Reported by: Lisa Cortez
    Email: lisa@krgv.com
    Last Update: 9:59 am

GRANJENO - Residents say when the new border wall was constructed, planned gaps provided smugglers access to the country. One of those gaps is in the middle of town.

The city fought to keep the wall from cutting across their town, they won that fight. The government instead backed the wall up behind improved levees.

Now they say with the gap in the wall in town, they've seen an increase in traffic.

"We see a lot of things. There's a lot of illegal activity going on here in our small town," says Napoleon Garza.

By going through Granjeno, smugglers can get from the Rio Grande to Shary Road.

The U.S. Border Patrol says the gap is doing exactly what it was designed to do.

"If people are seeing more, it could be they see more activity in a specific area away from the community which it was what we hoped," says John Lopez, the U.S. Border Patrol Spokesperson.

Lopez says in fact, apprehensions are down in the Valley and in the area around Granjeno, proving there's less overall activity.

He does say if people are concerned about a specific area they should call authorities to alert them to the problem.

http://www.krgv.com/news/local/story/Ci ... JTuyQ.cspx
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mmkay, I am getting ready for my son's birthday party and perhaps may have inhaled just a little bit more hair spray than I might usually do, but this makes no sense to me.

The town wanted NO wall....correct?

They got the wall anyway.....how am I doing so far?

Yet the wall......because of a small gap in it.....is resulting in MORE crime in their town than NO wall resulted in?

How in the hell does that happen?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds like they just need a COMPLTE wall and NOT that the wall isn't working.
    The damn gaps aren't working!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Sounds like they just need a COMPLTE wall and NOT that the wall isn't working.
    The damn gaps aren't working!

But the way they are carrying on, what they are saying is that they had, at least, far less crime in their town, when there was no wall at all and an open, direct path in and out of their town.

Such a theory makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

It would be right up there with, for instance, a prison claiming that they had no escapes until the bars went on the cells and the perimeter was secured.

Sometimes you just gotta wonder.....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)