Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX DPS trooper shot by ILLEGALS!!!!!!!

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4675032

3/23/06-Tyler
    Details Unfold Of DPS Trooper Shot

A violent night in Tyler, a trooper is shot, leading police on a chase filled with gunfire. In the end, there were two crime scenes marked off by police tape, one where the D.P.S. trooper was shot, the other, where the chase between the suspects and police ended.

Here's the rundown on injuries.

The Trooper who was shot, Steven Michael Stone is listed in fair condition. One of the alleged shooters is also in the hospital. He is in serious condition. And the second suspect is in police custody.

It began a little after 9 p.m. on Highway 31 East, about 8 miles east of Tyler. D.P.S Trooper Steven Stone was making a traffic stop for speeding.

Trooper had probable cause to arrest driver, during the arrest, the driver pulled a hand gun from his waist band and began firing the weapon point blank at trooper stone striking him in the left shoulder

Authorities say the passenger also began shooting at Trooper Stone.

The driver, later identified as Ramon Ramos, and passenger Francisco Saucedo fled the scene in their blue Dodge truck.

Captain Audra Livingston, D.P.S., "Trooper Stone was able to make it back to his vehicle where he radioed his communication that he had been shot and he needed help."

Around 9:30p.m., Tyler police department received a call from a citizen who had been monitoring the situation on his scanners.

Chief Gary Swindle, Tyler police department, said, "He had seen the Hispanic male in a black truck at the La Machoacana Grocery store at Beckham and Line, and he said it looked like the guy that we were looking for officers spotted the truck... And the suspects fled from the parking lot."

That's when the chase began. Seventy-five to 100 rounds of ammunition were fired from the suspect's vehicle at officers during the pursuit.

Today, these police cars are evidence of that pursuit... With bullet holes on the side, in the front windshield and then right next to the head rest.

The chase ended at highway 64 east about a mile outside the Loop 323.

Chief Swindle said, "The suspect vehicle made a veer right off to the right where it struck a vehicle parked on the shoulder. The vehicle turned over on it's side."

That's when the suspects were taken into custody. Police discovered that both Ramos and Saucedo were wearing body armor and had a number of weapons in their truck.

Investigators were left with the task of figuring out why these two men had weapons and body armor with them.

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4673269

3/23/06-Tyler
    New Details: D.P.S. Trooper Shot

A routine traffic stop last night ends with a D.P.S. trooper shot. Twenty-nine-year-old trooper Steven Stone is listed in fair condition at E.T.M.C. hospital. Tyler Police held a press conference this afternoon with more details about the suspects involved.

It all started before 10 pm last night on highway 31 east. Trooper Stone was attempting to arrest one of two suspects when shots were fired....hitting trooper stone in the shoulder and neck area.

Authorities say the suspects got back in their truck and headed toward Tyler.

A witness listening on a police scanner spotted the truck at Beckham and Line street. When officers tried to pull the vehicle over, a chase ensued with shots fired at Tyler police through East Tyler.

No Tyler police officers were hit.

The chase then went south onto highway 64 east near chapel hill.

Richard Davis, witnessed the incident, "I heard gun shots, i ducked down and looked back up . All I could see was a gun sticking out of the window then all of the cop cars pass by."

Another witness, Donna Charles said, "First I heard shots and when I looked up I saw a dodge pick up being chased. I counted about 25 to 30 police vehicles come through like the different, sheriffs, police and state trooper cars."

It was on 64 east past the Loop that the chase finally ended. The suspects rear ended a car and turned over on its side. They were taken to E.T.M.C. in Tyler late last night.

This morning, we've learned one of the suspects is 38-year-old Francisco Saucedo of Tulsa, Oklahoma.

The other suspect, 37 year old Ramone Ramos is expected to appear in court later this morning.

He's also from Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Their bonds are $23- million each.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... KL1G2.html

Suspects in trooper shooting wore body armor, had weapons cache
    03/24/2006
    Associated Press

Two men accused of shooting a trooper during a routine traffic stop were carrying a cache of weapons in their vehicle and wearing body armor, officials said Thursday.

Ramon Ramos, 37, and Francisco Saucedo, 38, allegedly shot and wounded Department of Public Safety Trooper Steven Stone Wednesday night when he pulled them over for a speeding violation near Tyler, officials said.

"After advising the driver of the truck the reason for the stop, Trooper Stone developed probable cause to arrest the driver," DPS Capt. Audra Livingston said. "During the arrest, the driver pulled a 9 mm handgun from his waistband and began firing the weapon point-blank at Trooper Stone, striking him in the left shoulder." Livingston said both men then began shooting at Stone as he lay in a ditch.

The Tulsa, Okla., men then fled the scene, and Stone radioed for help. Officers responded and transported the 29-year-old trooper to East Texas Medical Center while putting out a bulletin to search for the vehicle.

Stone, who was struck in the neck and shoulder, was listed in fair condition Thursday.

A person monitoring the police scanner spotted the pickup and called authorities, the Tyler Morning Telegraph reported in its Friday editions. The suspects fired about 100 rounds during a pursuit, Tyler Police Chief Gary Swindle said. He said several police cars sustained gunfire but no other officers were injured.

The chase ended when the suspects' vehicle crashed, injuring both men. They were taken into custody without further gunfire, officials said.

Authorities then found the weapons, which included an assault rifle, two 9 mm guns and a .22 caliber handgun, officials said.

"It appears the men were wearing the body armor prior to shooting the trooper," Swindle said. "They were coming to Tyler with a bunch of weapons and we don't know what for."

Ramos was treated for injuries and released, officials said. He was being held Thursday at Smith County Jail on 14 counts of aggravated assault on a public servant, as well as a hold for immigration.

Saucedo remained in serious condition at a Tyler hospital. Warrants were issued for him on the same charges, the newspaper reported.

Bond was set at $23 million for both men.

Horrible!!
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

MORE DETAILS
    ----------------------------
    http://www.tylerpaper.com/site/news.cfm ... 6369&rfi=6

TROOPER RECOVERS FROM MULTIPLE GUNSHOTS
    By: KENNETH DEAN, Staff Writer
    03/23/2006

A Texas lawman is recovering from gunshot wounds while other law enforcement officers press an investigation of two men who allegedly shot the trooper and engaged in a gunbattle with Tyler police.

Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Steven Stone, 29, was shot Wednesday night when he made a traffic stop on Texas Highway 31 just east of Farm-to-Market Road 2908.

Speaking at a press conference Thursday, DPS Capt. Audra Livingston said Stone pulled over Ramon Ramos, 37, and Francisco Saucedo, 38, both of Tulsa, Okla., for a speeding violation.

NEEDS ASSISTANCE

Livingston said that during the stop, Stone "developed probable cause" to place Ramos, the driver, under arrest.

But the driver had another idea.

"After advising the driver of the truck the reason for the stop, Trooper Stone developed probable cause to arrest the driver. During the arrest the driver pulled a 9 mm handgun from his waistband and began firing the weapon point-blank at Trooper Stone, striking him in the left shoulder," he said. "The passenger and driver then began firing multiple rounds at Trooper Stone as he lay in the barditch."

Livingston said that after the suspects left the scene, an injured and bleeding Stone made his way to his patrol car and radioed for help, saying he had been shot and giving a description of the suspect vehicle.

Smith County Sheriff J.B. Smith said deputies rushed to the scene to aid the wounded trooper.

"The first deputy arriving is EMT-certified and he determined the trooper needed immediate transport, so he put him in the back of his vehicle and rushed to the hospital," he said.

Tyler Police Chief Gary Swindle said his department was notified and blocked traffic for the deputy on the route to East Texas Medical Center. Officers also begin searching for a black or dark-colored pickup carrying the two suspects.

CITIZEN FINDS SUSPECTS

Swindle said that as police searched for the suspects, a phone call led them to the right location.

"We received a call at 9:39 p.m. last night from a citizen who had been monitoring scanner traffic and thought the suspects had just pulled into the La Michoacana Meat Market," he said. The caller described the vehicle as a dark truck with a Hispanic driver.

"We don't know who the person is who called us, but he deserves a lot of credit," Swindle said. "We would like to know who that person is and would like to talk to them."

Swindle said an officer made his way to the Commerce Street and Beckham Avenue area to check the report.

"I guess the suspects got spooked when they saw the officer and they took off. They began firing at the first unit and fired between eight and 10 rounds," he said.

PURSUIT, GUNBATTLE

Swindle said other officers quickly joined the pursuit, which traveled east on Commerce to Loop 323, then to Texas Highway 64, where the suspects hit another vehicle that had pulled to the side of the roadway for emergency vehicles.

Swindle said the suspects fired 75 to 100 rounds during pursuit, though he said that number may be low. Tyler police fired 35 rounds during the chase.

Several Tyler police cars were hit by gunfire and some shots went into the passenger compartments only inches away from officers.

"The speeds were above the limit, but I wouldn't say it was a high-speed chase. When the officers backed off after receiving fire the suspects too slowed down as if to bait the officers. These were very dangerous men," he said.

Swindle said the crash injured the suspects enough that they were taken into custody without any additional gunfire.

Brian Orender, who was on Texas 31 heading to Interstate 20, said he heard gunfire.

Orender, a Hunt County Sheriff's Department jailer, said he was talking on the phone with his wife at the Loop 323 and Texas 31 intersection.

"I started seeing all these patrol units and then I heard shots. I thought, 'Something is definitely going on.' I came to the next intersection and I heard about 10 shots go off," he said.

Orender said his wife kept asking, "What is going on?"

"I told her, 'I don't really know.' I was just sitting there watching police scatter and hearing all of the gunshots," he said.

Orender said that even though he works in law enforcement, the experience was frightening.

"I was looking to see what was going on, but I was also trying to stay down too. It was scary, because I didn't know what exactly what was going on," he said.

INVESTIGATION BEGINS

In the crashed pickup, police found a stash of weapons and both men clad in body armor.

The weapons included a Norinco SKS assault rifle, a Tec 9 9 mm, a Beretta 9 mm and a .22- caliber handgun.

"It would be speculation at this point, but it appears the men were wearing the body armor prior to shooting the trooper. They were coming to Tyler with a bunch of weapons and we don't know what for," Swindle said. "That will be determined later."

Swindle said the DPS, the Texas Rangers, the Smith County Sheriff's Department and his department would all be working different aspects of the incident.

Ramos was released from the hospital into the custody of the Smith County Jail, where he is being held on 14 counts of aggravated assault on a public servant and an U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement hold.

Saucedo remains in a Tyler hospital in serious condition, but warrants have been issued for his arrest on the same charges as Ramos.

State District Judge Jack Skeen set both men's bonds at $23 million.

Stone is listed in fair condition at ETMC in Tyler.

Swindle said the Wednesday night pursuit is the type his officers would never stop.

"We will not stop pursuing this type of suspects. These guys had already shot a state trooper and they fired on us," he said. I believe they would have shot anyone, so we had to stop them."

Pathetic.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Pathetic.

My sentiments exactly. Pity we have to suffer this type of vermin in any state!

With body armor and that cache of weapons they certainly weren't out for a mere drive.

The trooper is only 29 with a 2-year old child.

From the last report, it seems several citizens as well as officers escaped injury last night as these jerks didn't care who got hurt in their hail of gunfire.

This is the same town in Texas that had the courthouse shot up last spring by an illegal who was also clad in body armor. He killed his ex-wife on the courthouse steps and injured his adult son who was accompanying his mother to a hearing. The guy didn't want to pay child support so that was his solution. (Great family values, huh?) He also killed a Good Samaritan. The town's square was sprayed with AK-47 gunfire during the noon hour. The shooter drove slowly away from the scene smug in his body armor. When he stepped out of his vehicle to fire on officers, he was felled by a head shot.

bump .. we don't need this kind of criminal behavior here! In any state! Innocent citizens could have been killed!

DEPORT THEM NOW!!

MopHeadBlue--"Deport Them Now"

RIGHT ON, RIGHT ON, RIGHT ON!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I had posted this on another thread. This happened about 2 miles from me.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast