Like Tree2Likes

Thread: TX. Travis County Sheriff Cracks Down on Illegal Immigration

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX. Travis County Sheriff Cracks Down on Illegal Immigration

Travis County Sheriff Cracks Down on Illegal Immigration

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 7:34 PM
    Updated: Apr 15, 2014 7:34 PM

AUSTIN - The Travis County sheriff is taking a firm stance against illegal immigration. His detractors say he is looking for ways to track illegal immigrants and get them deported.

Sheriff Greg Hamilton said he is simply following the law.

"Obey the law, and you won't be in my jail," Hamilton said.

"The issue now is immigration," he said. "I'm a true believer that there needs to be immigration reform, but I don't have any control over that."

Hamilton does have control over the processing of those who are arrested and sent to the Travis County jail. The county works with Immigration and Customs Enforcement to identify illegal immigrants who have been arrested.

"There are some pretty bad people," he said.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS found out that there are 220 illegal immigrants in the Travis County jail. Many are in there for serious crimes, like child rape and murder.

Critics, like Eus Martinez, are fighting for leniency.

Martinez is the father of an illegal immigrant.

"We're always looking for a better life for ourselves and our families," Martinez said.

His 29-year-old son was arrested after a traffic stop. Authorities found out he is in the country illegally. He is being processed for deportation.

"I don't feel good about it; it's not what we hoped for," Martinez said.

Hamilton said he is standing his ground.

"(If I) let those individuals out, and they go out and commit a more serious crime or kill someone, then that blood is on my hands," Hamilton said.

http://www.krgv.com/news/travis-coun...l-immigration/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"We're always looking for a better life for ourselves and our families," Martinez said.
    At whose expense, Mr Martinez? The people that are legally in this country are being robbed blind.