Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: U.S. court blocks immigrant teen's bid to obtain abortion

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    I just want them all deported within 24 hours.

I am sick of their sob stories...they have NO right to be here.
    CORRECTOMUNDO!! This all started with the stupidity of them letting her in and shuffling her off to DHHS and the Office of Refugee Resettlement where they gave her a medical exam, apparently including a pelvic exam which is how she learned she was pregnant. Sorry .... but we should not be giving minors pelvic exams. THIS IS WRONG, VILE AND DISGUSTING!! Take their temperature and drive them to the nearest consulate of their home country to be held until country officials pick them up. Give the consulates notice that any release of these minors into our population by them will be considered violations of US immigration law and violations of standard diplomatic agreements that will result in a closure of the Consulate and ejection of all diplomats working there.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Exactly. Very Simple. There was no reason or cause at all for all this incredible grand-standing for a pro-life agenda in violation of the US Constitution and US Supreme Court Rulings. We do not elect Presidents or approve of appointments to the position of Attorney General to violate standing law. We elect Presidents and approve appointments to the position of Attorney General to uphold the Constitution and enforce the law which means enforcing every ruling of the US Supreme Court whether your personal views or religion agree with them or not.

I am so disappointed in Jeff Sessions, and Donald Trump, too, if he had anything to do with this, because this was a travesty of our rule of law and against everything our constitutional government stands on. I can not think of anything more disgusting, vile or perverse than exploiting a young girl in federal custody abusing our courts to try to game her into childbirth against her will and stick the United States with another foreign anchor baby to raise.

I want to know how many times this has been done since Jeff Sessions became Attorney General and Scott Lloyd became Director, Office of Refugee Resettlement.
    It's actually the pro-abortion groups and advocates that are doing the grandstanding, but of course you already know that.

You have the right to your own personal opinion, but please don't try to hide behind the law to push your own pro-life agenda. You THINK you're correct and have fully expressed your insistence that illegals can cross the border illegally to demand an abortion. Well, I think you're wrong and so do many others. IMO, no person here illegally should have the right to come here seeking benefit or reward and they certainly shouldn't be able to demand anything!

Illegal Aliens Have No Constitutional Right To Abortion, Says HHS

GRACE CARR
    Reporter

1:52 PM 10/17/2017

The Trump administration stated on Tuesday that pregnant illegal immigrants have no right to abortion in the United States.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) made it clear that illegal minors do not have the right to abortion because they are not U.S. citizens.

“The Office of Refugee Resettlement is providing excellent care to this young woman and her unborn child and fulfilling our duty to the American people. There is no constitutional right for a pregnant minor to illegally cross the U.S. border and get an elective abortion while in federal custody,” the Administration for Children and Families said in a a statement according to Politico. “We cannot cede our responsibility to care for minors and their babies by releasing them to ideological advocacy groups,” the HHS added.

The HHS statement comes after a federal judge in California refused to hear a case last week deciding whether the state of Texas must help a teenage illegal immigrant obtain an abortion. “The government has no business blocking Jane Doe’s abortion,” said Amiri after the judge’s refusal.

(Related: Judge Refuses To Hear Case On Teenage Illegal Immigrant Who Wants An Abortion).

“There is a pattern of unconstitutional overreach of power in a minor’s abortion decision,” said one of the teen’s American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) lawyers, Brigitte Amiri, in response to HHS’s announcement.

The ACLU’s original lawsuit posited that the HHS violated the First Amendment by refusing the girl an abortion. Even though the 17-year-old illegal immigrant received a judicial waiver allowing her — a minor — to get an abortion, the officers detaining her refused to take her to an abortion clinic, according to the Associated Press. The ACLU hoped to get an emergency court order from a judge allowing the girl to have an abortion.

Illegal immigrants do not have a constitutional right to abortion, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said in regard to the case. Ruling in the girl’s favor would “create a right to abortion for anyone on earth who enters the U.S. illegally,” Paxton said. “And with that right, countless others undoubtedly would follow. Texas must not become a sanctuary state for abortions.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/17/illegal-aliens-have-no-constitutional-right-to-abortion-says-hhs/

How many times in the past have I heard you say illegal immigrants have no rights in the United States? Will you deny ever saying that? Personally, I think it's a little hypocritical to say an illegal has no rights but then decide to jump to the other side of the coin when the issue involves something near a dear to your heart (pro-abortion).

For me this issue is about illegal immigration, not pro-life or pro-choice. I'm sorry you're missing that point and have decided to make this your own pro-abortion fight here on ALIPAC.

e

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Upholding US Supreme Court Rulings is not grandstanding. It's the law. It's something we usually expect our Attorney Generals to do. This has been a very disappointing episode of the Sessions DOJ.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Upholding US Supreme Court Rulings is not grandstanding. It's the law. It's something we usually expect our Attorney Generals to do. This has been a very disappointing episode of the Sessions DOJ.
    Yes, they (ACLU and abortion advocates) are grandstanding. As for the rest of your comment, it is strictly your opinion. An opinion that is not agreed upon by many, to include the DOJ, Texas Attorney General, etc. Attorney General Jeff Sessions is doing a fantastic job!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Yes, they (ACLU and abortion advocates) are grandstanding. As for the rest of your comment, it is strictly your opinion. An opinion that is not agreed upon by many, to include the DOJ, Texas Attorney General, etc. Attorney General Jeff Sessions is doing a fantastic job!
    It's "strictly" the law of our land, and all Attorney Generals, state and federal, are required by that law to uphold and enforce it, whether they personally agree with it or not. Paxton and Sessions are guilty of the same executive over-reach on this abortion issue with the teenager as Obama was on DACA.

MW
    It's "strictly" the law of our land, and all Attorney Generals, state and federal, are required by that law to uphold and enforce it, whether they personally agree with it or not. Paxton and Sessions are guilty of the same executive over-reach on this abortion issue with the teenager as Obama was on DACA.
    Not true. Fighting against the demands of an illegal alien is not executive over-reach, it is exactly what many of us expect! Oh, and to compare this to Obama/Trump's DACA is ridiculous. Furthermore, there is no "law of our land" that mandates we acquiesce to the abortion demands of an illegal alien. You're welcome to your personal opinion, but please understand it's an opinion not backed by law. I think most of us can agree that illegal aliens aren't entitled to squat and certainly have no right to demand the same benefits available to legal immigrants and U.S. citizens. The DOJ and state of Texas understands this, even if you don't.

The state of Texas had already approved the girl for an abortion, and the federal courts have protected the girl's right to an abortion.

But hey, be sure to let us all know when Ken Paxton and Jeff Sessions rule that pregnant illegal aliens are no longer eligible for maternity benefits through Medicaid.

MW
    The state of Texas had already approved the girl for an abortion, and the federal courts have protected the girl's right to an abortion.

But hey, be sure to let us all know when Ken Paxton and Jeff Sessions rule that pregnant illegal aliens are no longer eligible for maternity benefits through Medicaid.
    Looks like the ACLU and liberal appointed judges in D.C. surrendered to you and the illegal aliens demands for an abortion. Looks like the illegals win again.

Illegal immigrant teen has court-approved abortion

by David Roach, posted Wednesday, October 25, 2017 (9 hours ago)
    Tags: sanctity of lifeimmigration

Email To Friend

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia ordered the Trump administration to permit a 17-year-old illegal immigrant to have an abortion while in federal custody.
    By Bjoertvedt (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0] via Wikimedia Commons

WASHINGTON (BP) -- A legal battle over whether the Trump administration is required to facilitate an illegal-immigrant teen's abortion ended Wednesday (Oct. 25) when the American Civil Liberties Union announced she had terminated her pregnancy.ACLU senior staff attorney Brigitte Amiri, who represents the 17-year-old, said "justice prevailed," according to an ACLU news release.

The abortion occurred less than 24 hours after the full U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia ruled 6-3 that the teen -- known in court documents only as Jane Doe or J.D. -- was entitled to an immediate abortion. The court denied the Trump administration's request for a stay while the ruling was appealed.

The three dissenting judges claimed the ruling wrongly implies a right to abortion on demand for all undocumented minors who reach U.S. soil. Abortion is illegal in Doe's native country, according to court documents.

Andrew Walker, the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission's director of policy studies, tweeted following announcement of the abortion, "Remember that for groups like the @ACLU, a murdered child is a cause for rejoicing. Moloch [an ancient Canaanite deity associated with child sacrifice] is alive and well. God, have mercy on us."

Doe said in a statement released by the ACLU that after being told she was pregnant, "I knew immediately what was best for me then, as I do now -- that I'm not ready to be a parent."

Doe said the government “provides for most of [her] needs at the shelter," but they would not allow her to leave to get an abortion.

"They made me see a doctor that tried to convince me not to abort and to look at sonograms," she said. "People I don't even know are trying to make me change my mind. I made my decision and this is between me and God."

A three-judge panel of the D.C. Circuit Appeals Court ruled Oct. 20 the government had to release Doe by Oct. 31 to a sponsor who could help her obtain an abortion on her own. That ruling was seen as an attempted compromise between Doe and the Trump administration, which argued it was not required to expend any resources to secure abortion for an illegal immigrant minor being detained.

Doe appealed to the full court, which sided with her along ideological lines -- with the six judges appointed by Democratic presidents ruling she should be granted immediate abortion access and the three Republican appointees disagreeing.

The case was sent back to a federal district judge, who hours later ordered the government to "promptly and without delay" transport the girl to an abortion provider,
    The Washington Post reported.

Judge Brett Kavanaugh -- a member of the original three-judge appellate panel -- wrote in a dissent to the full court that its ruling established a "novel" and "wrong" constitutional principle: "a new right for unlawful immigrant minors in U.S. Government detention to obtain immediate abortion on demand."

A second dissent by Judge Karen Henderson claimed an illegal immigrant minor has no right to abortion and that the majority's ruling "elevates the right to elective abortion above every other constitutional entitlement."

Henderson, also a member of the original three-judge panel, said legal precedent has allowed restriction of undocumented immigrants' rights of expression, of association, to bear arms and to be tried by jury, among others.

Then Henderson wrote, "But the freedom to terminate one's pregnancy is more fundamental than them all? This is not the law."

In support of the majority, Judge Patricia Millett -- the third member of the original panel -- wrote, "Today's decision rights a grave constitutional wrong by the government."
    Doe's case, Millett reasoned, was not an instance of "abortion on demand."

"Here is what this case holds," Millett wrote, "a pregnant minor who (i) has an unquestioned constitutional right to choose a pre-viability abortion, and (ii) has satisfied every requirement of state law to obtain an abortion ... That sure does not sound like 'on demand' to me."

Millett noted Doe's abortion would be paid for with private funds.
    The court did not issue a majority opinion but stated its order was based "substantially" on Millett's reasoning, expressed initially in an Oct. 20 dissent.

Amiri, of the ACLU, said the Trump administration's "efforts to intervene in women's decisions won't stop with Jane. With this case we have seen the astounding lengths this administration will go to block women from abortion care. We will not stop fighting until we have justice for every woman like Jane."

The ACLU had asked the federal district court to allow Doe's case to proceed as a class-action lawsuit, according to The New York Times, to secure a right to abortion for as many as 1,000 unaccompanied, pregnant minors who have immigrated to the U.S. and are in federal custody.

http://bpnews.net/49782/illegal-immi...roved-abortion

As I said once before, for the ACLU this was all about shoving their abortion agenda down our throats. They used this pregnant illegal to push their own agenda on abortions. As the Republican appointed judges stated, this was an illegal alien and she had no constitutional right to demand or receive an abortion. How does it feel to win a benefit for illegals that was pushed by the liberal ACLU and Democrat appointed judges?

As I said once before, for the ACLU this was all about shoving their abortion agenda down our throats. They used this pregnant illegal to push their own agenda on abortions. As the Republican appointed judges stated, this was an illegal alien and she had no constitutional right to demand or receive an abortion. How does it feel to win a benefit for illegals that was pushed by the liberal ACLU and Democrat appointed judges?
    This decision has nothing to do with you or your throat.

I'm thrilled and relieved by the decision and encourage the ACLU to spend every dime they can raise to protect the common sense right of these illegal aliens and any other pregnant girl or woman to access a safe legal abortion if that is what they want on the absolute earliest possible date.

Weirdos with their minds in some one else's womb make me want to puke. I find it vile, disgusting and perverted. To see Jeff Sessions in that group truly makes me want to cry with the disappointment I feel about his appointment as Attorney General. And if I find out Trump has anything to do with this insanity, I will be crushed. I expect men to be men, not silly perverts wasting their time and our money traipsing through court houses with the power of government behind them trying to force any girl or woman into childbirth against their will. It's putrid, obscene and worse than pedophilia in my book.
    Last edited by Judy; 10-26-2017 at 03:30 AM.

MW
    This decision has nothing to do with you or your throat.

I'm thrilled and relieved by the decision and encourage the ACLU to spend every dime they can raise to protect the common sense right of these illegal aliens and any other pregnant girl or woman to access a safe legal abortion if that is what they want on the absolute earliest possible date.

Weirdos with their minds in some one else's womb make me want to puke. I find it vile, disgusting and perverted. To see Jeff Sessions in that group truly makes me want to cry with the disappointment I feel about his appointment as Attorney General. And if I find out Trump has anything to do with this insanity, I will be crushed. I expect men to be men, not silly perverts wasting their time and our money traipsing through court houses with the power of government behind them trying to force any girl or woman into childbirth against their will. It's putrid, obscene and worse than pedophilia in my book.
    Around here we appreciate and respect AG Jeff Sessions for his position on immigration, trade, guest worker programs, interior illegal immigration law enforcement and border security. His position on abortion, for most of us, is a non-issue or low priority. Just because he doesn't agree with you on a couple issues doesn't make him a bad U.S. Attorney General. Show me two people that absolutely agree on everything and I'll show you a clone or huge arse kisser!

By the way, Trump supported Sessions and Texas AG Ken Paxton on this and has said as much.

Seem to me you've lost sight of why we're here (on ALIPAC). AG Sessions is doing a great job and he represents us well on the issues most of us have chosen as our priority. To besmirch him over his failure to align with your pro-abortion position on here (ALIPAC) is ridiculous. Perhaps you should go find an ACLU or pro-abortion website to air your dismay on. Just a suggestion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast