Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: U.S. judge blocks Trump move to end DACA program for immigrants

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. judge blocks Trump move to end DACA program for immigrants

U.S. judge blocks Trump move to end DACA program for immigrants

Dan Levine
    January 9, 2018 / 10:51 PM / Updated 6 minutes ago

Trump decided in September to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA. U.S. District Judge William Alsup ruled in San Francisco on Tuesday the program must remain in place while litigation over Trump’s decision unfolds.

The ruling came as Trump and U.S. congressional leaders negotiated broad immigration reforms.

The DACA program has provided protection from deportation and the right to work legally to nearly 800,000 young people since it was authorized by President Barack Obama in 2012.

Several states, organizations and individuals have filed lawsuits seeking to protect DACA recipients, who are known as Dreamers.

Alsup said in his ruling the federal government did not have to process new applications from people who had never before received protection under the program.

Representatives for the White House, the Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security could not be reached immediately for comment.

Trump ran on a hardline immigration platform during the 2016 presidential election, promising to end DACA and strengthen border protections to increase jobs for U.S. workers.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1EZ0AR
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Trump ran on a hardline immigration platform during the 2016 presidential election, promising to end DACA and strengthen border protections to increase jobs for U.S. workers.
    And he didn't. He's a lying back stabber.

This wipes out the "urgency" of a DACA deal. Funny how our system works, isn't it? On the same day of a big publicized negotiation about DACA because of "urgency" related to threats of a government shutdown on the budget, and a Liberal Judge in San Francisco puts out the flame, for all the wrong reasons of course, but extinguishes the fire nonetheless. It really makes you wonder about divine intervention.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I thought I commented on this thread Judy but it was JohnDoe2's judge story. It does add a new piece to a drama playing out painfully slow. Tomorrow's another day. Who knows what awaits us.

"Divine intervention". I appreciate His hand in all matters. God is good. We need to trust Him to protect us, to change minds that would seek harm, and pray for Him to bless our nation.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    I thought I commented on this thread Judy but it was JohnDoe2's judge story. It does add a new piece to a drama playing out painfully slow. Tomorrow's another day. Who knows what awaits us.

"Divine intervention". I appreciate His hand in all matters. God is good. We need to trust Him to protect us, to change minds that would seek harm, and pray for Him to bless our nation.
    Oh that's okay, GeorgiaPeach!! I saw your comment on his thread.

YES, God is good. Very good.

Any "renewals" while this is in limbo need to be EXTREMELY VETTED!

Weed out the LIARS and the ones who did not qualify to begin with.

BARRY SOTERO SHOVED THEM THROUGH THE PROCESS AND DID NOT VET OR VERITY THEIR LAME ASS STORIES AND FAKE PAPERWORK!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

[QUOTE=Judy;1579964]...a Liberal Judge in San Francisco puts out the flame, for all the wrong reasons of course, but extinguishes the fire nonetheless. It really makes you wonder about divine intervention.

I hate to contradict you, but the fanatics and gutless Trump are in a full stampede; they will shove through DACA to make certain the illegals stay. They won't even pause. They will continue as if there were no court ruling.

P.S. I still can't figure out how to make a reply with quotes work properly. Somebody help me with this.
    Last edited by 17patri76; 01-10-2018 at 07:48 AM.

now Donald Trump has to make a move fire this judge
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    17patri76 wrote (excerpt):

I hate to contradict you, but the fanatics and gutless Trump are in a full stampede; they will shove through DACA to make certain the illegals stay. They won't even pause. They will continue as if there were no court ruling.
    I agree with you 100%. IMO the Democrats will not view the judges ruling as something that would ease their sense of urgency on pushing their DACA agenda.

The Trump administration needs to act quickly in filing an appeal of the ruling.
    Last edited by MW; 01-10-2018 at 02:35 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

P.S. I still can't figure out how to make a reply with quotes work properly. Somebody help me with this.
    Copy the words you want to quote, click the last symbol (symbols are link, unlink, photo, video, quote) - paste the words to have them quoted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast