Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: U.S. Labor Sec.: Donald Trump’s Policies Are ‘Everything that Is Not America; I’m Tho

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Because some folks may actually be interested in knowing all the facts, good and bad. He does support a form of amnesty and he personally said he was critical of the food stamp program (words directly from his own lips). These are all truths that can't be denied by any rational person that looks closely at the evidence that has been provided. Heck, I have no problem with him criticizing the food stamp program and I'm even willing to accept his support of an amnesty in the hopes that we can change his mind on that. What I won't do is be a rah-rah cheerleader and ignore the facts just to appease the pep squad. My mind is made up based on all the facts (the whole person concept), not just the ones you deem worthy of being posted here. Trump #1 and Cruz #2!
    Who you vote for or support is up to you.

This is the article posted by Newmexican:

In an interview on David Axelrod’s podcast, Perez was asked his thoughts on Trump’s “nativist” politics.

“I hear everything that is not America; I’m thoroughly offended,” Perez said. “I wonder how it is that somebody can continue to command the percentage of support he can. I mean he is the modern-day incarnation of the Know-Nothing movement,”
    According to Politico, Perez blasted Trump for viewing food stamps and illegal immigration negatively:

The good news is that the Know-Nothing movement fizzled, and it fizzled because this is a nation that summons our better angels,” said Perez, whose parents are Dominican immigrants. “This is a nation in which the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends towards those who seek to expand opportunity, not toward those who substitute cynicism for optimism.” The Know-Nothing Party was prominent in the mid-1800s and strongly opposed immigrants and Catholics.

“The diagnosis of the root cause that people like Trump tap into is ‘the social compact is frayed because immigrants are taking those jobs, [the] social compact is frayed because we’re letting too many people get access to food stamps,’” Perez said. “When the reality is, I think, quite different.”
    Trump never said "we're letting too many people get access to food stamps". Never said it.
    Trump has never viewed food stamps "negatively". Never has.

My response to these statements in Newmexican's article was I've never heard Trump criticize the food stamp program.

You googled for some reason to come up on the joke at the rally. I refute that and explain it was a joke mocking the protester.

You googled some more for some reason and all you came up with were two more articles about the joke that had already been refuted and a discussion about government fraud in entitlement programs from a sentence in Trump's 2011 book which still wasn't a criticism of the food stamp program but a complaint about possible fraud in the program along with fraud in Medicare and Social Security Disability program.

So I believe we're absolutely vetted, googled, and confirmed that the Sectary of Labor, Tom Perez lied about Donald Trump's position on the food stamp program, because as so many do, they repeat statements about the statements instead of the statements themselves within the context and for the purpose they were made.

Same nonsense you posted about Trump supporting "amnesty" when he vehemently supports deportation and as President has no control of any kind under existing US immigration law to do anything after that. So any former illegal alien who would want to re-enter the US legally would require an Act of Congress to be able to do so.

Trump is going to move 'em out here, quickly, within 2 years. If they ever come back it will be up to Congress, not Trump.
    Last edited by Judy; 12-30-2015 at 06:07 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Judy wrote:

Trump never said "too many people get access to food stamps". Never said it.
    Trump has never viewed food stamps "negatively". Never has.
    I don't know if he has said too many people get them, but I certainly remember him saying something somewhere about people being on them longer than they should be. Yes, that is a criticism, a just criticism, but a criticism nonetheless. Since you seem to know everything his has said for 35 years, you should know that.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Judy wrote:

I don't know if he has said too many people get them, but I certainly remember him saying something somewhere about people being on them longer than they should be. Yes, that is a criticism, a just criticism, but a criticism nonetheless. Since you seem to know everything his has said for 35 years, you should know that.
    No he never said that. He mentioned some being on food stamps for decades in his 2011 book, that was in the link you posted. I've never read any of his books. I have followed him in the news and when he does interviews. And no it's not a criticism, it's an observation. When you're poor for decades and have no jobs for decades, then it's pretty likely you'll qualify for food stamps for decades because you haven't any money for decades. And yes, like all the programs, he suggests some of it may be due to fraud, and yes that's true, but that's fraud, a crime, nothing to do with the program.

If you want to criticize poor people, that's okay. But Trump doesn't do that, he never has. He criticizes the underlying problems that cause the poverty.
    Last edited by Judy; 12-30-2015 at 06:48 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12