Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ultimatim In Carpentersville Over Illegal Immigrants Issue

Posted: Tuesday, 10 October 2006 8:48AM

Ultimatim In Carpentersville Over Illegal Immigrants Issue

Julie Mann Reporting
    Suburban Bureau Chief

(WBBM) -- Backers of a measure cracking down on illegal immigrants in Carpentersville have been handed an ultimatum by the village president.

The proposal has put Carpentersville front and center in the debate over immigration.

But the village president wants that to stop.

In a letter to the two village trustees who proposed a local ordinance punishing people who hire or house illegal immigrants, Bill Sarto is demanded the measure be dropped or the trustees will be removed from their committee assignments.

Sarto says he believe if the ordinance was passes it could end up costing the village heavily in legal fees that insurance likely would not cover.

Thousands of people turned out for a the village meeting last week to debate the proposed measure, but trustees tabled the issue until a large meeting place for the debate could be found.

http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/101553.php ... tId=220339
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Can Sarto be impeached of his position?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sarto hasn’t liked the idea form the beginning from what I have read. I don’t know if he can be impeached, I suspect if the people of Carpentersville want him out, they will be able to do so.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)