Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Update-false alarm 'schools' and update reporting former bos

After raising some hell with the school, I finally talked to the teacher... she is considering revising her title to her course from 'Immigrant Unit' to 'Your Ancestory'.

The only paper we saw for Homework was a questionairre on 'how would you feel had you been forced to leave your home and go to another country'.

After speaking with the teacher and seeing the rest of the paper work on the homework... the whole course was on my children's ancestory. When did our ancestors come to the U.S.? What heritage were they? How did they get here (by ship)? Did any fight in the Revolutionary War or play a part in the Boston Tea Party..... that sort of thing.

When I explained how the homework paper appeared to us and how we felt about illegals stealing my husbands job, she was white as a ghost! She immediately apoligized and said she would revise the title of the course. Promised never to include current political events as true homework. And furthermore, privately agreed with me on the issue of the current illegal immigrant controversy.

In addition, I did fill out the form to add my husband's former employer to the whoemploysillegals.com (something like that) list. Thank you for the encouragement and information. Boy, I hope there is not back lash for doing that....

Thanks for making me feel welcome as I am a newbie.

SusieQ
    'Triumph over adversity molds and shapes us into the people we are today' SusieQ

Welcome smartesusieq,

Good for speaking up to the teacher. Sounds like you made her more aware.

I feel sorry for good teachers. They have to be walking a tightrope, these days.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!