Like Tree3Likes

Thread: US Catholic bishops to back federal government in immigration dispute with Arizona

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US Catholic bishops to back federal government in immigration dispute with Arizona

US bishops to back federal government in immigration dispute with Arizona

US bishops to back federal government in immigration dispute with Arizona

Catholic World News
    March 23rd, 2012

In a letter urging the speaker of the House of Representatives to work for the speedy passage of immigration reform legislation, Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York and Archbishop José Gomez of Los Angeles stated that the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) will support the federal government in its dispute with Arizona over the state’s 2010 immigration legislation.

“Soon, the US Supreme Court will hear arguments in the case of Arizona v. United States, in which they will decide whether the federal government maintains full authority to enact and implement laws governing immigration,” said the prelates, who serve respectively as USCCB president and chairman of the USCCB Committee on Migration. “The US Conference of Catholic Bishops will file an amicus brief in the case in support of the federal government.”

Elsewhere in the letter, the prelates told Rep. John Boehner that “passage of immigration reform is more important now than ever, as State laws and local enforcement initiatives are filling the immigration policy vacuum left by Congress. This has created a patchwork of laws and policies throughout the country which have led to discord in our communities.”

The prelates continued:
    Of particular concern to us and our brother bishops is the impact our broken system is having on immigrant families, many of whom have one or more undocumented persons among their number. Federal and local law enforcement policies have led to an unprecedented separation of families, as undocumented parents are being separated from their US citizen children …

In addition, State laws in Alabama, Arizona, and other States have created environments in which immigrants, regardless of their legal status, and law enforcement personnel are pitted against each other, eroding long-held trust between immigrant neighborhoods and local authorities. Because of congressional inaction, the federal courts have been forced to intervene to halt their implementation … Unless Congress acts in the near future, we are deeply concerned that these new laws will continue to tear at the social fabric of our nation.

"Moreover, certain provisions of these laws could negatively affect church ministries--soup kitchens, homeless shelters, hospitals, and parishes--which provide basic material and spiritual needs to persons who seek help, regardless of their legal status,” the prelates added. “We, along with other faith-based organizations, should not be required to check a person’s immigration status in order to serve them.”

source: US bishops to back federal government in immigration dispute with Arizona : News Headlines - Catholic Culture
    Last edited by HAPPY2BME; 03-24-2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Catholic Bishops
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ADDED TO ALIPAC HOMEPAGE NEWS with amended title ..

http://www.alipac.us/content/us-bish...e-arizona-295/
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Elsewhere in the letter, the prelates told Rep. John Boehner that “passage of immigration reform is more important now than ever, as State laws and local enforcement initiatives are filling the immigration policy vacuum left by Congress. This has created a patchwork of laws and policies throughout the country which have led to discord in our communities.”
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Boehner is a Catholic!

Pope Benedict XVI Writes To John Boehner | National Catholic ...

ncronline.org/blogs/...catholic/pope-benedict-xvi-writes-john-boehne...
    Dear Mr. Boehner,. I write to congratulate you on becoming Speaker of the House on Wednesday, only the second Catholic Republican to hold the gavel.

ADDED TO ALIPAC HOMEPAGE News with amended title ..

http://www.alipac.us/content/us-bish...e-arizona-295/

I am a Catholic. Recently, my husband who is also an immigrant, was told by the head of our son's Catholic school that we needed to learn to speak Spanish if we wish to remain Catholic. I suppose this means Mary will no longer be welcome at any of the shrines since historically there is no way she spoke Spanish. Read the headlines now "The Lords mother kicked out of church for not being Hispanic"

No, we have not attended Mass since they hung out the "Irish need not apply" sign
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tell John Boehner to tell those Catholic Bishops to wad that letter up and "Stick it!" Organized Religion Sucks! And these Bishops are backstabbing traitors! Put that in your collection plate Priest!

Boehner, John A. 202-225-6205
    12 S PLUM ST. TROY OH 45373-3282
    E-Mail Me | John Boehner - 8th District of Ohio
    John Boehner | Facebook
    Speaker John Boehner (@SpeakerBoehner) on Twitter
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99 View Post
    I am a Catholic. Recently, my husband who is also an immigrant, was told by the head of our son's Catholic school that we needed to learn to speak Spanish if we wish to remain Catholic. I suppose this means Mary will no longer be welcome at any of the shrines since historically there is no way she spoke Spanish. Read the headlines now "The Lords mother kicked out of church for not being Hispanic"

No, we have not attended Mass since they hung out the "Irish need not apply" sign
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you not find it amazing how the Vatican is pandering to John Boehner - A CATHOLIC !?

The connections of amnesty for tens of millions of illegal aliens from Mexico and the big push for amnesty for Irish illegal aliens is irrefutable.

Of particular concern to us and our brother bishops is the impact our broken system is having on immigrant families, many of whom have one or more undocumented persons among their number. Federal and local law enforcement policies have led to an unprecedented separation of families, as undocumented parents are being separated from their US citizen children …

So families that are illegal have to suffer because of illegal families????? These illegal people CHOSE to take the damned risk and are suffering the consequences and blame us for that??????? It is their own fault and no one elses!

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99 View Post

I am shocked and highly peed off at this outrage!!!!!!!!! More and more each day I feel as if I am going down deeper into the rabbit hole. There is no common sense, no compassion for the suffering of citizens at the hands of illegals. We are longer allowed to be americans. No citizen should be forced to speak spanish for any reason! How dare they!!