Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US envoy charged with work visa scheme

U.S. envoy charged in work visa scheme

August 27, 2006

BY MATT APUZZO

WASHINGTON -- A veteran U.S. diplomat will spend the weekend in jail on charges he traded work visas for lavish dinners, New York City hotel rooms, jewelry and Las Vegas trips with exotic dancers.

Michael John O'Keefe, the deputy non-immigrant visa chief at the U.S. Consulate in Toronto, was indicted on bribery and conspiracy charges Friday. International jewelry executive Sunil Agrawal, a native of India, also was charged but remains at large.

Since the 2001 terrorist attacks, authorities have tightened controls over non-immigrant visas for students, tourists and workers. Friday's indictment, however, describes a scheme in which O'Keefe fast-tracked applications for Agrawal's company, STS Jewels of New York.

O'Keefe personally handled STS applications, going so far as to approve some that had been rejected. He awarded 21 visas to STS employees, the indictment says.

Could get 15 years

Agrawal allegedly lavished him with gifts in return.

On Jan. 4, 2004, before one visa application, Agrawal allegedly sent O'Keefe an e-mail saying: ''Your hotel booking is confirmed in Hilton Millennium in Midtown Manhattan. Two rooms are booked in your name. The car service will be there at the airport to take you to the hotel.''

The next day, prosecutors said, O'Keefe received a $3,000 ring from Agrawal.

In June, after renewing visas for five STS managers, O'Keefe and two exotic dancers flew to Las Vegas, prosecutors said. Agrawal allegedly paid more than $5,400 for the trip.

O'Keefe, 59, of Portsmouth, N.H., could get up to 15 years in prison. AP

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: US envoy charged with work visa scheme

Hi Crazy Bird,

Some questions arise... I realize you may not have all the answers, but certain questions beg to be raised anyway.

International jewelry executive Sunil Agrawal, a native of India, also was charged but remains at large.
    Will Mr. Agrawal be eligible for "catch and release?" Given that India is more important to globalism than Mexico, I would venture to say that Mr. Agrawal will never see the inside of a jail cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Apuzzo
    Since the 2001 terrorist attacks, authorities have tightened controls over non-immigrant visas for students, tourists and workers.
    Oh really, Mr. Apuzzo? Tell that to 500 USAA employees who were forced to train their H-1B replacements from India in Jan 2003 just prior to being fired. Tell that to over 10,000 IBM employees who were replaced by employees of Bangalore body shops!

He awarded 21 visas to STS employees, the indictment says.
    How many of these 21 are still at large? What kind of visas were they given? Are these people jewelry salesmen or what?

Could get 15 years
    Prediction - The longest - the very longest - time served (either incarcerated or suspended) for any of these people will not go past inaugeration day Jan 2009 - they'll receive full presidential pardons the day that hillary (or John McCain) is sworn in. Just like the time when Hillary pardoned Yolanda Huet-Vaughn.*

No, hell no, I'm not baiting the website by this prediction. Crazy Bird, you're a hell of a lot better informed than I am; you tell me if I'm on track, off track or what.

Agrawal allegedly lavished him with gifts in return.
    How about a full disclosure of gifts bestowed upon globalist congressmen and senators? This voter wants to know who is on the take, from who, for how much, and for what! Maybe it would be easier to compile a list of elected officials who are not on the take.

How about it, Senator, how much money is Tata lining your pockets with?

Thanks, Crazy Bird, for posting the article.

Coto

There is a traitor who is worse than Yolanda Huet-Vaughn - Jimmy Carter!

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)