US fugitive to be deported

WRITTEN BY KATIE KING PUBLISHED: 29 JULY 2015

A deportation order for J’Wa “Balla” Emone Charlery, the fugitive wanted by United States Marshalls for murder, was presented to Senior Magistrate Tamia Richards at the Magistrates’ Court yesterday morning.

Signed by Governor John Duncan, the order was intended to take immediate effect.

Mr. Charlery, who could be heard arguing with guards before he even entered the courtroom, seemed to be almost amused by the fanfare caused by his arrest.

“I am so dangerous,” the 19-year-old said sarcastically, waving two hands in the air.

Though guards ordered him to hush, he kept talking, and told Ms. Richards that many of the territory’s police are corrupt.

“Trust me, a lot of them here are corrupt,” he insisted, adding that the magistrate should carry out an investigation and offering to provide her with names.

Before leaving the court, Mr. Charlery pulled his black T-shirt over his head, shielding his face from a photographer.

He had also appeared at the Magistrates’ Court on Friday evening to face local charges of unlawful possession of explosives, unlawful possession of unlicensed firearms, and landing in the territory without leave from immigration, according to acting Police Information Officer Peterson Jno-Lewis.

The fugitive was taken into custody before dawn on July 22 after police found him hiding in a tent near Baughers Bay.

He was quickly arrested, and a large amount of cash and two loaded handguns were seized, police said.

“Thanks to the brave actions of our officers, this armed and dangerous fugitive has been detained without any loss of life or injury; furthermore, two handguns have been removed from criminal circulation,” said Deputy Police Commissioner Alwyn James.

Police had suspected Mr. Charlery of seeking refuge in the territory, as they believe he may have criminal associates here.

According to the Richmond Times-Dispatch, Mr. Charlery is accused of murdering 22-year-old Eboniece Escobar at the Clarion Hotel in Richmond, Virginia, on Nov. 2.

Back in Richmond, CBS 6 reporter Chelsea Rarrick spoke with Tonya Escobar, the victim’s mother, following Mr. Charlery’s arrest.

“I thought it was going to take much longer than that, and I just prayed that it wouldn’t go unsolved,” Ms. Escobar said. “I’m elated he’s finally found, because you can’t move on without him.”

http://www.bvibeacon.com/1/index.php...to-be-deported