Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UT: Neighbors complain about illegal immigrants

Neighbors complain about illegal immigrants
    County Commission gets an earful from Highland Estates woman
    Patrick Parkinson, Of the Record staff

Aug 3, 2007
    Highland Estates residents say their neighborhood is being overrun by illegal immigrants.

They also say a man displays used cars for sale in his yard and that another uses his Highland Drive home to dispatch day laborers.

"We've also got a lot of homes that are ending up with 15-plus people living in them," Snyderville Basin resident Rebecca Benoit said.

Meanwhile, last week, three police detectives from Salt Lake County searched door to door in Highland Estates for fugitives, she said, adding that houses on Countryside Circle were targeted.

"We strongly believe, as neighbors, that these people are illegal aliens," Benoit told the Summit County Commission.

Summit County's definition of a "single family" home is too vague, she complained.

"What you're going to end up with in Highland Estates is something you really, really don't want," Benoit advised the County Commission.

But Summit County Commissioner Sally Elliott said the government cannot regulate how many people live in a home.

"It's a very, very difficult problem," Elliott said.

The man on Highland Drive who displays used cars for sale in his front yard "is definitely a problem," Benoit said.

Taggers also have vandalized the neighborhood with graffiti, she said.

"I'll be lucky if I can ever sell my home," Benoit lamented. "We just don't know what to do."

No covenants can be enforced in the neighborhood to force homeowners to fix the problems, said Elizabeth Griffin, president of the Highland Estates Homeowners Association.

But Summit County officials cannot enforce immigration laws, County Commissioner Bob Richer said.

"Illegal aliens are not something that even on a state level is addressed," he said, adding, "it's a federal issue."

http://www.parkrecord.com/ci_6538035?source=rss
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Illegal aliens are not something that even on a state level is addressed," he said, adding, "it's a federal issue."

Step up or step aside. It's your problem, it's the communities problem and the Fed's don't care. He must have missed the whole Katrina thing.

No leader, no problem, no job.

That is what I am also facing here in Utah. The exact same thing. I believe that our State Government and our City Governments could do more to protect us. We have a Govenor, Congressman and Senator that want the illegals here. We as Utah citizens do not stand a chance. The LDS church feels that they can convert them. It is just disgusting what Utah is turning into. It is a culture of crime, not of families, family values and wholesome living that the Utah State Government is trying to protray it to be.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Convert them ?

Suuure-- for ten or fifteen percent of their income and a kick back in the form of cheap labor.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better. Thanks
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    We have a Govenor, Congressman and Senator that want the illegals here. We as Utah citizens do not stand a chance. The LDS church feels that they can convert them. It is just disgusting what Utah is turning into. It is a culture of crime, not of families, family values and wholesome living that the Utah State Government is trying to protray it to be.
    Paige: We were in SLC in February to visit the LDS library and I feel your pain. It felt like we were in another country and (are you listening Chamber of Commerce) we would not travel there again. We stayed in a hotel 2 blocks from the library so we could walk. There was a big construction project at the tabernacle and Latinos were loitering all over the streets, sitting on walls, congregating at street corners, and asking passersby for cigarettes. This is not criminal conduct, but it is daunting to visitors who are not familiar with the area, or with the culture. I hope you can vote the enablers out of office. Yours is a beautiful state.