Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Victim's family enraged

Victim's family enraged

Son: Why was man arrested 16 times free to kill 3 in crash?

By Tom McGhee
    The Denver Post
    Article Last Updated: 09/08/2008 06:07:36 AM MDT

Granddaughter Taylor Gagne, 8, holds a photo of Patricia Guntharp, 49. Other family members, from left: son Adrian Gagne; daughter-in-law Selina Gagne; son Robert Ray Guntharp II; granddaughter Halley Gagne, 3; husband Robert Ray Guntharp; and son Richard Gagne. (Helen H. Richardson, The Denver Post )

Truck slams into ice cream shop; 3 killed, including childThree days after Francis M. Hernandez drove into Patricia Guntharp's pickup, killing her and two others, Guntharp's family wanted to know why a man with 16 arrests in five years wasn't already behind bars.

"Our system is messed up. It is mind-blowing. You mean to tell me that this guy was still out on the street?" asked Richard Allen Gagne, 32, Patricia Guntharp's son.

Hernandez's record includes forgery, assault, theft, fraud and driving under restraint. He was arrested in a July traffic stop and charged with resisting police and other offenses.

Immigration officials believe Hernandez is not a U.S. citizen and could be "deportable," Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman Carl Rusnok said Sunday.

ICE first became aware of Hernandez, whose Colorado Bureau of Investigation records show 11 aliases and several places and dates of birth, after he was arrested Thursday, Rusnok said.

ICE has placed a hold on him, and he will be transferred to federal custody if he is released from jail.

"Why in the world do they allow somebody to stay on the road when they could have done something about that?" asked Robert Guntharp, 56, Patricia Guntharp's husband.

Police say that Thursday, Hernandez, who was driving without a license, slammed his sport utility vehicle into Patricia Guntharp's Mazda pickup on South Havana Street in Aurora. The collision sent her vehicle careening into a Baskin-Robbins, where Marten Kudlis, 3, was ready to have some ice cream. Marten; Guntharp, 49, of Centennial; and her best friend and passenger in the truck, Debra Serecky, 51, of Aurora, died.

A man who identified himself as one of Serecky's sons declined to comment on the accident Sunday.

A spokesman for the Kudlis family didn't return a call asking for a family comment.

Patricia Guntharp and Serecky were inseparable friends, "like peanut butter and jelly," said Robert Guntharp.

The women met a dozen years ago when they were neighbors. Both had grown sons and grandchildren.

And both loved the frozen custard served at Good Times fast-food restaurants.

From left: Adrian Gagne, Richard Gagne, holding his daughter Taylor, his wife Selina Gagne, Patricia and Robert Ray Guntharp and their youngest son Robert Ray Guntharp II. Robert Ray Guntharp, second from right, stands surrounded by family in the wake of his wife Patricia's death. Patricia was killed with a girlfriend in their car when it was t-boned by a driver who ran a red light. The force of the impact was so strong that their car was pushed into a Baskin and Robbins ice cream store with killed a 2 year old boy who was in line with his mother waiting to get ice cream. Guntharp leaves behind 3 sons and 2 grandchildren. She was 49 years old. (Helen H. Richardson, The Denver Post)

On the night they died, Patricia Guntharp had picked up Serecky, who was on a lunch break from the supermarket where she worked.

They were turning into a driveway leading to the South Havana Good Times when a blue Chevy Suburban that had been driving erratically smashed into their white pickup.

"She told me she would be out there about an hour," Robert Guntharp said. "The hours passed, and I called on her cellphone and I wasn't getting any answers. Then I saw lights out there, and I thought, 'Jeesh, it's about time.' "

He looked out the window and saw police walking toward his house.

"I am still hoping it is a bad dream, but it is not a dream; it's reality," Guntharp said.

Patricia Guntharp, whose two small granddaughters called her "Care Bear," broke her back in an auto accident about five years ago. Since then, she had gone through surgery and was scheduled to have another operation in the next few weeks.

Recently, doctors found a growth on her lungs.

But, her husband, said: "If she was sad and depressed, she never let us know about it."

Tom McGhee: 303-954-1671 or tmcghee@denverpost.com
    http://www.denverpost.com/movies/ci_10407035
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Truck slams into ice cream shop; 3 killed, including childThree days after Francis M. Hernandez drove into Patricia Guntharp's pickup, killing her and two others, Guntharp's family wanted to know why a man with 16 arrests in five years wasn't already behind bars.
    Everyone wants to know that. There's no excuse for this. There isn't a day that goes by where there isn't an accident, death, murder or other violent crime committed by illegals in this country and no mention of the families here who pay the price.....while they either walk, run for the border, or just change ID cards to continue on. Enough already.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe if some of these things weren't just in local papers but were carried on MSM, under the title of, ILLEGAL Immigrant kills MORE Americans. Instead, they mention nothing of the immigration status. These families across the country NEED to band together. There must be thousands of them? Then they would be heard. Instead it is buried...

I wonder if in their grief they have thought of that. That CA family is the only one I've heard of off this site. They are vocal.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Hernandez's record includes forgery, assault, theft, fraud and driving under restraint. He was arrested in a July traffic stop and charged with resisting police and other offenses.

Immigration officials believe Hernandez is not a U.S. citizen and could be "deportable," Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman Carl Rusnok said Sunday.
    I want to know why he was even in this country! That's what I want to know....

Our FAMILIES are at the mercy of ILLEGALS and their Anchors being murdered, raped, infected with disease, or robbed. We can see the results of the ILLEGAL invasion in our courts every day! But NOT to worry the Chamber of Commerce will get their "cheap labor" increasing "their privatized" PROFITS while socializing the "benefits" for their ILLEGALS on the back of United States Citizens, thanks to Bush, the Congressional Leadership(?), and local elected and appointed officials!!

Fox News JUST called the guy an illegal!!
    No other word, just illegal. No alien and no immigrant.

Coming up is the 16 infractions against him prior to this. It's 12:58 eastern time, so tune in!!

They just said more tomorrow, so I imagine it will explode!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

ICE first became aware of Hernandez, whose Colorado Bureau of Investigation records show 11 aliases and several places and dates of birth, after he was arrested Thursday, Rusnok said.
    If the local police would have informed ICE, this tragedy would have never happened. 16 ARRESTS AND 11 ALIASES! Every Colorado police officer responsible for letting this illegal back onto the street should be fired.

I agree with lccat, we are definitely at the mercy of these illegal aliens. THEY ALL HAVE ALIASES bought from other illegals. It just keeps getting worse and more widespread every day.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Action needed, please help!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-130972.html

Let your VOICES BE HEARD ABOUT THIS TRAVESTY!!!!