Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Video: Joe the Plumber Says U.S. Should "Build The Fence and Start Shooting"

By Michael Allen, Tue, August 14, 2012
    Opposing Views

Samuel 'Joe the Plumber' Wurzelbacher, who is running for Congress in Ohio, said recently that the U.S. should “put a damn fence on the border going to Mexico and start shooting" (video below).

Wurzelbacher made the statement during a rally for Arizona Republican state Rep. Lori Klein on Friday, according to Prescott eNews.

Wurzelbacher said: “For years I’ve said, you know, put a damn fence on the border, going to Mexico, and start shooting."

Appearing with Klein on Saturday, Wurzelbacher said: “I’m running for Congress. How many congressmen or people running for Congress have you heard, put a fence up and start shooting? None? Well you heard it here first. Put troops on the border and start shooting, I bet that solves our immigration problem real quick.”

Klein refused to condemn the call for border shooting, but her opponent Republican state House Speaker Andy Tobin told KTVK-TV: “I would ask for him to retract the statement as made in jest, and if not made in jest, I’m appalled at him. We don’t do that in Arizona."

Last edited by ALIPAC; 08-14-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ALIPAC supporters please give us your opinions on this video as soon as possible.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

His comments

"put a fence on the border and start shooting"

are at ...

28:25

Aug 14, 2012 12:09pm
    ABC News
    Joe the Plumber Unfiltered: Build a ‘Damn Fence’ and ‘Start Shooting’

Image Credit: Patrick Bazia/AFP/Getty Images

Samuel “Joe the Plumber” Wurzelbacher is not politically correct and he’s proud of it. And to prove it, the Ohio Republican congressional candidate told a crowd of about 125 supporters in Arizona that the government should “put a damn fence on the border going with Mexico and start shooting.”

“I’m running for Congress and that should be a bad thing to say,” Wurzelbacher said, as the Prescott eNews first reported. “You know what, that’s how I feel. I’m not going to hide it because I’m running for an office. I want my borders protected and I’m very, very adamant about that.”

Wurzelbacher’s remarks came during a Friday fundraising dinner for Arizona State Sen. Lori Klein. Last year Klein, an adamant gun rights activist, was criticized by gun control advocates after she pointed her raspberry-pink handgun at a reporter’s chest during an interview to show him the laser sighting.

“It’s just so cute,” she said of her .380 Ruger handgun, before assuring the Arizona Republic reporter that while the gun had no safety, she “didn’t have my hand on the trigger.”

Wurzelbacher, also a firm supporter of the Second Amendment, went on to tell Arizonans on Friday that Republicans are reluctant to make jokes because “we’re afraid it’s going to end up on the five o’clock news.”

“I’m not worried about being politically correct ,” the U.S. House candidate said. “That’s one thing that’s really scared us and really hurt us as a country is everyone is afraid to open their mouths, to say a little something funny.”

It is this penchant to speak up and speak out that first propelled the northern Ohio plumber to national notoriety.

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Wurzelbacher questioned then-candidate Barack Obama about whether his tax plan would increase taxes on small businesses. Obama’s rival John McCain seized on the moment and often cited “Joe the Plumber” as a small business owner who would be hurt by Obama’s policies.

During his own congressional campaign, Wurzelbacher’s has made a stir with his often unfiltered comments. In June the House candidate released a campaign ad linking the Holocaust to a lack of gun control.

“In 1939 Germany established gun control; from 1939 to 1945, 6 million Jews, 7 million others, unable to defend themselves, were exterminated,” he says in the video while pulverizing fruit with blasts from his shotgun.

Wurzelbacher insisted there was “nothing offensive” about the ad because he was just stating historical facts.

Border Fence With Lethal Force Options comment at 28:25 in this video...

Joe the Plumber Unfiltered: Build a ‘Damn Fence’ and ‘Start Shooting’ - ABC News
    Last edited by ALIPAC; 08-14-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Hello
    he is 100 % right Im with him on this one
    we have to do some thing it Out of hand
    No amnesty Or dream act

In the days before everyone became sissified and politically correct, Joe's statements would be widely accepted as common sense. I agree with his sentiment. Enough is enough. The gloves need to come off!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

He's just saying what so many of us are thinking and feeling at this point. We have tried nice. It doesn't seem to be working out for us.

'Joe The Plumber’: Put Up a Fence and ‘Start Shooting’

‘Joe The Plumber’ Samuel Wurzelbacher Says Put Up a Fence and ‘Start Shooting’ Immigrants | Video | TheBlaze.com

(TheBlaze/AP) An Ohio plumber thrust into national politics during the 2008 presidential campaign says the United States needs to build a fence at Mexico border and “start shooting” at suspected illegal immigrants.

Samuel Wurzelbacher made the comment during a Friday night fundraising appearance in Arizona for state Sen. Lori Klein.

“You know for years I’ve said put a damn fence on the border going into Mexico and start shooting. I’m running for Congress and that should be a bad thing to say,” he said. “I want our borders protected, I am very adamant about that.”

Wurzelbacher became known as “Joe the Plumber” four years ago after he confronted then-candidate Barack Obama about taxes during a campaign stop. In March, he won the Republican nomination for a congressional seat in northern Ohio.

He told an audience in Prescott he wasn’t willing to hide his views on border security just because he’s running for Congress.

Wurzelbacher didn’t immediately return a call for comment Monday, but Klein insisted that Wurzelbacher was kidding when he make the remark about shooting.

After watching the video, if he was joking, we must have missed the punchline — no laughs followed.